Family Tree of MNS strains

La Nina parents

The MNS chart shows the parents of La Nina to be a female Haze "B" and male Black Widow. My understanding is that the only haze left in Shanti's collection is a male "C" and no females. So is the La Nina being sold now just an F2 of a cross he made long ago? Please clarify

Hello everybody ! :)

Yes I will try to add the new Shanti' strains in the MNS chart, but I do not know exactly where to put the new male Haze "AC".

I heard Nevil is back on this forum, so maybe he would help me to correct the charts, I would be very proud to talk with him about genetics :)

> HHHG > I think Shanti still have the Haze "B" female used in "La Niña"

> RottenDawg > I would love to make posters with these charts too :D

> Sensimilla13 > It took me a few hours to make a chart... I do not have time now to make some new ones..... but which breeder would you want to see ?

My best vibes to all of you ! :)

Marcel

Hi Lemarcel
Your chart gives a great overview of the relationship between the various strains.
When it comes to planning individual matings, it is better to use split pedigrees, Male on top female on the bottom, reading from left to right. We got into this earlier (Grail Thread?) It's the only way to avoid confusion. The NH was used as an example. There is no AC male only 5AC, which is the NH.
It'd be great if you could help me with writing up pedigrees, I suck with computers.
N.

So if there is no HazeAC male, and the Rock N'Roll strains are half NH? For instance The Doors would be NL5/Haze x NH?

I thought that the HazeAC male was NL5/HazeA2 x (Skunk Haze x HazeC). Or at least that's how Shanti described it when the R n' R series came out.

It'd be great if you could help me with writing up pedigrees, I suck with computers.
N.

Hello Nev !

It would be an honour for me to do this work with you :)

Maybe you can tell me the pedigrees in "brut form" like text and I will do my best to put these infos into diagrams ?

We have to start with the beginning, the first hybrids you made :)

My best vibes to you !

Marcel

ps : resinbud > thank you :)

Last edited:
:)Just wanted to stop by and say thank you lemarcel for doing this chartwork,awsome..Once again,what a Forum and all the great members...

Hi Lemarcel
Your chart gives a great overview of the relationship between the various strains.
When it comes to planning individual matings, it is better to use split pedigrees, Male on top female on the bottom, reading from left to right. We got into this earlier (Grail Thread?) It's the only way to avoid confusion. The NH was used as an example. There is no AC male only 5AC, which is the NH.
N.

Nevil, the 'AC' male is actually NL5HzA xSkunkHzC, but Shanti refers to it as the Haze AC male, I would guess because a) he selected for Haze traits, and b) it is much easier to type. He released 5 crosses, all with the AC male as the father...mothers were NL5HzA (or was it HzC?), Afghan Skunk, Master Kush x Skunk, Critical Mass, and Early Queen x Skunk.

I wonder how La Nina is produced these days if the Haze B mom is dead...I guess BW x Haze C?

ESS

good vibes!

interesting stuff - just read this thread (sorry guyz - I'm a daily news addict :))

made it sticky and look forward to see what comes out from this new collaboration between lemarcel and nevil. Affaire a suivre, say the French :)

all the best,
admini

I am considering trying Shit at the moment - on your family tree you have it as an afghan crossed to SK*1; the strain guide say Skunk (Afghan dominant) suggesting the breeding pair is an AfghanSK crossed to SK or indeed a SK to Sk cross; one being an Afghan phenotype which is how I read it - can anyone clarify???

You're welcome :)

I would like to have more help from breeders to make their catalog's trees, but they never want ^^

Best vibes to you :)

Marcel

thank you very much for these

I would like, as nevil said to have male and female, and F line, also maybe a little cleaner / sharper text/ graphic laid out in a different pattern, as it is confusing to follow a arrow all the way over....

I would love an updated DJ chart, we have a good one at SB, but its incomplete

keep up the good luck, Im sure it took a while...

I am considering trying Shit at the moment - on your family tree you have it as an afghan crossed to SK*1; the strain guide say Skunk (Afghan dominant) suggesting the breeding pair is an AfghanSK crossed to SK or indeed a SK to Sk cross; one being an Afghan phenotype which is how I read it - can anyone clarify???

The tree shows Shit as "Selections" (dotted black arrows) because Skunk already has Afghani in it. It would be less confusing but more complex if the tree showed all of the landrace variety's and not just the Afghani. Shit is inbred, Afghani dominant Skunk and is about the truest breeding variety out there....from what I remember reading. I have not worked with Shit but have worked with Dog Shit and Purple Dog Shit (not in a breeding sense) and they are damn good but I think the DS is better than the PDS which is an expression that Shit must be really good as DS failed to be improved upon with the addition of a purple variety. It was my interest in Shit that brought me to this fine place originally. I hope that helps.

Another thought on this - I sort of assume from reading about the forum that mapleleaf indica, Garlic bud and possibly others are or were being used in MRN plants - I don't know what plants may have been lost - are these all represented by the yellow Afghan Indica box?

Last edited:
Back