Family Tree of MNS strains

thanks lemarcel for taking the effort to do that chart for everyone to use to under stand whats in there mns strains. sative indica % would be a handy thing to put on ur chart to give a rough idear of the plants shape & streach in flower.

I believe shanti is the only one who has the detailed percentages. This chart is as close as we can get to understanding how the MNS strain tree is connected. Props to Lem for taking the time to put this tree together.

sp

Very nice work, lemarcel!
Good to see those utilities used as they should be - they really give a wonderful synoptic picture, just at a glance.
Thanks again, I printed mine. :)

(dot, daVinci, or something else?)

thanks lemarcel for taking the effort to do that chart for everyone to use to under stand whats in there mns strains. sative indica % would be a handy thing to put on ur chart to give a rough idear of the plants shape & streach in flower.

Wow...I just had this vision of a full sized, horizontally oriented, wall poster with pics of the strains! You know, full color, maybe even laminated, just like it is but with graphics!

A lot of work perhaps but it's a beautiful picture in my head!

Thanks again lemarcel!

Grat

P.S. A cool electronic version based on the above idea where you'd just click on a strain and a pic + strain info (flowering time, yield, etc) would pop up might work too.

Just one thing I'm quite sure of : the Northern Lights is not a selection of afghani but a hybrid, of course quite afghani leaning.
At least for pheno #5, which is quite different as pheno #2 and pheno #9, the only 3 phenos to have been kept as is or used in further hybridization if memory serves.

good job lemarcel

Great to see all strains laid out before your eyes, helps to choose next strain:)

also brings interest to strains such as spice, will have to give it a go.
Good luck fitting in new releases:p
well done dood
peace
BL

Hello everybody :)

I am very happy you like the tree !

sative indica % would be a handy thing to put on ur chart to give a rough idear of the plants shape & streach in flower.
I can try to do that, but it will not be very correct : for exemple, the Medicine Man is almost 70% indica, and when I grew it from seeds I found a lot of sativa phenotypes, and it was very difficult to find an real indica one. Maybe I was unlucky but I think the ratio sativa/indica will not be close to reality, because Nature is very different than mathematics.

Another exemple, the Master Kaze (MasterKush X skunk / Afghan X Haze) would be a > 50% indica strain, and I found some very sativa phenos with a very big stretch and sativa buds, some plants look like > 80% sativa !

Just one thing I'm quite sure of : the Northern Lights is not a selection of afghani but a hybrid, of course quite afghani leaning.
Hello Silly, according to Shanti, in a post from 2008 :

“The origins of the NL we have been using to breed with are Afghan, worked on in America in the 80s and Holland...one of the plants that has lead to a multitude of hybrids. There is no Thai in our version it is pretty much a 100% indica plant finishes 45-55 days and is exceptionally resinous.”

Best vibes to all of you ! :)

Marcel

i under staned what u saying about indica sativa % lemarcel. I have only got 1 mns strain under my belt at the minute the g13xskunk and for 2/3 indica there was some big sativas that i couldnt use for my room but i found my indica mothers to use in there. anyway thank for taking the time to do the mns family tree its realy usefull mate.

Lemarcel, Excellent Work

Hi Lemarcel:)
May I Just Say You Can Navigate My Ship Anytime;)
Your Chart Provides A Invaluable Contribution To This Web Site
Well Done / Tres Bien
Joe:)

Clarification?

Skunk #1 is listed as an Afgahni Indica selection. I was pretty sure it was a 75/25 Sativa.

I grew DP's Euforia which was a Skunk selection. Great yield, mild high, only thing I've ever grown to mold.

Anyone have any info on that?

Thanks,

Grat

Hello gratitude, of course you are right, Skunk#1 is an hybrid [(Colombian Gold X Afghani) X Acapulco Gold], around 70% Sativa.

In fact at the beginning of the tree I planned to add the genetic lineage of Skunk#1 and Original Haze so I made a link from Afghani to Skunk#1, but these genetic lineages are very well known so I decided to not add them to not overload the tree.

But I forgot to delete the link between Afghani and Skunk#1 !

It is done now, thank you very much, you were the only one to see it ;)

Best vibes to you !

Marcel

Hello gratitude, of course you are right, Skunk#1 is an hybrid [(Colombian Gold X Afghani) X Acapulco Gold], around 70% Sativa.

In fact at the beginning of the tree I planned to add the genetic lineage of Skunk#1 and Original Haze so I made a link from Afghani to Skunk#1, but these genetic lineages are very well known so I decided to not add them to not overload the tree.

But I forgot to delete the link between Afghani and Skunk#1 !

It is done now, thank you very much, you were the only one to see it ;)

Best vibes to you !

Marcel

Thanks and best vibes back to you!

I've updated the c/p on Growkind as well.

I'm happier to have known than to be the only one to see.
Now if only dutch skunk wasn't so mold prone....

Good Growing All!

Grat

Hello gratitude :)

Maybe some others see the mistake too, but they did not tell me ;)

Koolaid > Hello my friend, thanks and best vibes to you too ! :D

Happy new year to all of you ! :)

Marcel

I made some other trees if you want to see them....

Here is this one of TGA Seeds / Subcool :

subcool-5991cab48cb0b751bc737dc82c2fe119.png

Spice of Life Seeds / Breeder Steve :

SOL-027078299caa11b5edf752e3b213d38a.png

And now I am working on Sensi Seeds' tree, but it is quite complex, because some lineage are kept secret, and they used a lot of different afghani/kush/pakistani cultivars. Maybe Shanti would help me to finish this tree.

So this is NOT the final version :

EDIT : new version with some infos I get on sensi seeds forum :

sensi-e129d91373ea205997d29a252649d6bd.png

About ERSB, her genetic lineage is various and complex, so I prefer to copy this small text about her :

Ed’s PEHT (Potent Evolved Hybrid Type 1)

In 1981, Ed Rosenthal gave some seeds to a breeder-grower. They consisted of Afghani_Durbans, Afghanis, Kush, Mexicans, Thais and equatorial Africans. All of these seeds were from pure, potent strains. During the next five years more than 12 generations of seeds were grown. Crosses between the strains were made on the basis of potency and yield rather than configuration. … According to Ed “there’s not a plant there that you wouldn’t want to smoke, and their heterogeneous background makes it possible to discover some real winners.”

Only 1500 seeds are available

Even in 1989, those PEHT seeds were $100 for 10 seeds. They sold out very fast and were not offered again.

But the program did not fade away. While Sensi breeders were hard at work on the numerous strains that were to be released in the following years, the PEHT program continued quietly in the background, with generation after generation of improvement and refinement through selection and hybridisation.

Over the last 15 years, the PEHT program has given us many interesting, (though often un-named) breeding plants and has eventually led to our latest stable hybrid - Ed Rosenthal Super Bud

Best vibes to all of you ! :)

Marcel

Last edited:
Back