Early queens potency question

Pat

Ok I just read in this smoke report that the 14 plants did not carry any potency. Well my question is a statement and a question. I grew early queen outdoor 03 04 ... that's 17 years ago.. now these plants were so potent deadly potent at that time I had 10 years of pot head immunity lol a smoker . I'd rate them at a 8 out 10 for potent..HAS THIS STRAINN

Ok I just read in this smoke report that the 14 plants did not carry any potency. Well my question is a statement and a question. I grew early queen outdoor 03 04 ... that's 17 years ago.. now these plants were so potent deadly potent at that time I had 10 years of pot head immunity lol a smoker . I'd rate them at a 8 out 10 for potent..HAS THIS STRAINN

In my opinion it is not about potency as much as it is about tolerance.

I found early queen kept getting me higher the longer it cured and I didn't develop a tolerance to it.
When I sampled it at first along with other strains that included super silver haze and some others I can't remember anymore. I seemed like garbage. I put it aside and smoked everything else for a while, Then i got bored of those and tried early queen again after 2 or more months.
It was GREAT! The cure really made a difference.
I smoked it almost exclusively for the next good while. It kept getting better. I was not developing a tolerance to it AND it was getting better.

I think one thing that throws people off these days is that the leaves do not crystalize whatsoever. The bud itself does but not the leaves. Quite different from modern kush strains. Combine that with the previously mentioned 2 month cure period that seems to be required for the high to really shine through and people write it off without really giving it a chance.

I did not let much EQ out of my possesion but one time I did give someone a bag of EQ dust I had collected. I don't think they were expecting much but they said it was better than all the other weed they had been smoking. So that combined with the fact that I smoked the whole lot to myself speaks volumes.

Tolerance that was one thing I recalled as well. But it was opposite this queen was almost to potent. It was a real put the Dobie out half way stuff. But then after u puffs up a qp it lost it potency but a fresh smoker would fall out his chair lol. Atm weed was 600 a qp . Same people paying that would spend 210 on a quarter oz. I swear to god it was that potent and tasty. I'm going to get new seeds of the site and see what I can do ...

Tolerance that was one thing I recalled as well. But it was opposite this queen was almost to potent. It was a real put the Dobie out half way stuff. But then after u puffs up a qp it lost it potency but a fresh smoker would fall out his chair lol. Atm weed was 600 a qp . Same people paying that would spend 210 on a quarter oz. I swear to god it was that potent and tasty. I'm going to get new seeds of the site and see what I can do ...

It does make you fall asleep if you over-indulge. that is for sure ;)

One of the queens I grew in 03 04 had a weird leaf grow out of the the petal were petal and blade being a small leaf grew along with the fan leaf. This leaf had shape of a Canadian legion poppy. But green it grew on the top side attached to the petal about the size of a canadian dime ten cent peace. So years later I read about polys and think wow wonder if there may have been some genetic work done at a certain point in the queens heritage or to itself. Have you any info on polypoids. ? You did mention using a pink kush I have read online that pink kush may have been altered or polypoided have you ever heard that?

One of the queens I grew in 03 04 had a weird leaf grow out of the the petal were petal and blade being a small leaf grew along with the fan leaf. This leaf had shape of a Canadian legion poppy. But green it grew on the top side attached to the petal about the size of a canadian dime ten cent peace. So years later I read about polys and think wow wonder if there may have been some genetic work done at a certain point in the queens heritage or to itself. Have you any info on polypoids. ? You did mention using a pink kush I have read online that pink kush may have been altered or polypoided have you ever heard that?
Yes i have heard that. Good 'ol billy budd and his book "The secrets of the Pink Kush".
legend has it the plant has double chromosomes. Created using colchicine.
I do not know if it is true or not. also do not know if my plant would be included, as it has been grown from regular seeds that were produced locally.

Legend goes something like this. A tetraploid contains double chromosomes(4n). If crossed to a regular plant with single chromosomes (2n), it will produce a plant with that is considered 3n. These plants apparently cannot reproduce. At least not when breed to a plant that contains 2n anyway. maybe to another 3n plant, that I do not know.

So we shall see if it contains double chromosomes because my plants were grown from seed, they should be of the 3n generation and if they are, my seeds should not work.
Can't wait to find out! :)

Now the three leaf polyploid thing is different I don't think that has anything to do with doubled up chromosomes.

The legends of polyploid plants goes back to the 50s I think. I know that the original grow bible by Frank and Rosenthall mentioned it as a possibility... At least i THINK that's where I heard it, been a LONG time. Colchicine is DANGEROUS STUFF so I advise steering clear of it. But if you NEED it, it's a constituent of autumn crocus bulbs. lol

Back