Early Queen

J

JessE

Hey everyone,
As some of you may know I recently completed an Early Queen grow log over at Doc's place. I germinated 5 seeds, and ultimately ended up with two males and two females. The two females I grew of the Early Queen were both sativa dominant plants, but one of them had indica like characteristics to it as opposed to its sister who was more sativa dominant. The plants were very manageable for a sativa influenced variety, and they werent really fussy in terms of odor either. The plants were harvested at day 70 roughly, and could have went a couple more weeks in at the very least. After a month of curing now, the high is quite pleasant. Very cerebal, with no paranoia inducing effects and it enables you to concentrate at the task at hand very well.

As an indica fan, I am very pleased to have something different to smoke because quality sativa is often times hard to find in my area....where Indicas flourish in the mountainous regions. I didnt find the pheno I was after, but what can you expect from only germing 5 seeds? Selection is always required, with any seed variety. Im currently high from my harvest at this very moment, and my teeth are relatively numb and I have a pretty damn good buzz going. While not the ideal Early Queen phenotype, quality marijuana for sure.

This is a link to the grow for those interested, keep in mind the phenotype Shanti prefers finishes in the mid 40 to 50 day range.

http://www.hg420.com/showthread.php?t=27592

Cheers Mr. Nice and crew:cool:

Basically from the beginning to the end, these were all grown in the hempy buckets under a 400 watt HPS with the General Hydro 3 part Flora series nutes.

Last edited:
Nice grow!

Hey Jesse

Your EQ grow looks great! Do you plan to run this one again anytime soon?

That paranoia free high sounds good. What's the smell and taste like now they've had a cure?;)

Nice1

twitchy:)

Hey twitchy,
The smell is still relatively chloraphylle like, with undertones of a fruity nature. The taste is nothing exceptional from what I and others have noted, its more about the affect with this particular plant. Ive heard complaints from those Ive shared it with recently that they are unable to go to sleep after smoking it. Its coming along nicely, thanks for checking out my thread man.

You're welcome mate.;)

From what you say, it sounds like what it lacks in taste, it makes up for in high.

This strain sounds very interesting. Different from many other sativa hybrids on the market with it's potentially quick harvest time and cerebral yet paranoia free buzz. Stimulating too! I sometimes find indicas a bit heavy so this sounds right up my street.

I'm planning to grow some Early Queen x Haze later in the year. Hopefully an easy to manage introduction to Shanti's haze. If it turns out anything like your EQ I'll be happy.:D

I'll keep my eye on this for any updates

twitchy:)

Very nice! I am glad you posted this thread and the one at HG420, it helped me in deciding to purchase the Early Queen tonight from the Doc.

Your plants look great. With a claim as your teeth were feeling numb it makes me drool at the opportunity to grow and enjoy.

Kudos!:)

Hello! Jesse, nice thread you have:) Did you ever find the pheno you were looking for with EQ? Other than the taste would you consider EQ a keeper? peace, resinbud

Hey resin,
No sir I havent found a keeper yet, I still have 15-20 EQ seeds to run to try to find something closer to what I am looking for. So I didnt find a keeper in the small selection I ran generally speaking numbers is where you start to find the select phenotypes.

thanks, JessE to share informations about EQ..
I planted four seeds today,saw I will report how is going... If, they wil be indica feno, like you said-will be better

there is no problem with the EQ "sativa" type phenos, cause Shanti has a thin-sativa leafed but very productive Skunk selection. I really like the Shanti skunk dominant looking phenos in the EQ, just as the Critical Mass skunk phenos.

personally I liked better the bud formation of the sativa leafed (skunk dom.) EQ phenos, cause it produced egg shaped (skunk) bud what doesn't need much trimm.. plus it has much branchy (sativa) structure so the yield can be even higher than the more indica (main cola) phenos. Outdoors the indica pheno finished on Oct 7. the sativa looking EQ plants needed 2 more weeks and I harvested them on Oct. 21-23. (the indi dom. phenos start to flower a bit earlier, in early to mid August, the sativa started in late August)

the EQ is always an enjoyable experince

peace JessE bro

H

How did I ever miss this thread? I'm looking for a smoke which tastes great (anything fruity tasting will do me great) yields nice and doesn't knock you out like the shark shock does. Would EQ be a great choice for this?

Hi gm1,
I believe this thread originated at Doc Chronic's old site and is ultimately salvaged from the transitional focus that occurred during that period. Early Queen is a variety I feel I need to revisit in the future, as my experience with other varieties exceeds that of EQ and Ive had an opportunity to see what really working with just a small handful of hybrids over a period of years can offer you in terms of familiarity with a line.

From what I remember though the limited number of plants I worked with offered plants that yielded just fine, which may be the predominant thought I came away with after 6 or 7 years removed from the moment. The earlier plants also seemed to elude me as well, and stands as among the chief reasons I plan to revisit this girl later down the line. So there may be some sativa expressive characteristic plants which are not associated with couch lock lethargy among the crown jewels. This line would not be on the menu if it wasnt felt to be something special by both Shanti and Mr. Marks, and shares lineage with very famous lines from the days now long since passed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I think I'll place this strain on my must do list. I'm kinda pondering between EQ and Master KushxSk.

Last edited:
EQ

Thanks Jesse ,Dawn , Ganjaman1 .. interesting and likely underrecognized strain this one.. so many good and useful strains at MNS . I like the comments on the clear high free of couchlock. Sounds useful and tasty :)

I think I remember this thread from way back !
I won some EQ and ES at the auction and am excited to pop a few when they come. Can you expect to get a 7 weeker in a pack or is it something that is pretty rare? I know that fast doesnt necessarily mean good but if Shanti prefers that pheno, it must carry some other great traits as well.

I think I remember this thread from way back !
I won some EQ and ES at the auction and am excited to pop a few when they come. Can you expect to get a 7 weeker in a pack or is it something that is pretty rare? I know that fast doesnt necessarily mean good but if Shanti prefers that pheno, it must carry some other great traits as well.

im wondering the same thing, an early potent powerfull pheno, jesse can probably enlight us but i think he said he favored ones of shanti finish in 40-50 days, pretty sure it must be a indica leaning phenos,

i understood jesse only found longer sativa pheno. btw hey jesse have you popped the rest of the 15-20 seeds to try for a keeper in that 400 hempy bucket setup ?

i think i'm gonna run 18 seeds, im just wondering how many indica phenos this plant can show. i wish we could have description of all possibles phenos for all strains, but we have already so much more accueate infos here than anywhere else it might be an impossible things to ask.

i was also hesitating between eq and es because it looks like the same thing but early girl is added somewhere in early queen, they must hve some phenos in common for sure.

peace guys, old thread but this strain looks nice

grew out 16 females and not one looked like jesse's, taste and smell were exceptional, but lacking potency, smoke enough and it does induce couch lock

strange i didnt have one single sativa leaning pheno

Back