Early Queen Grow

Hey Dawn. Its me, chico fantomatico.

I'm glad you are doing this strain. I grew early pearl and Jamaican pearl around 2000 and loved them both. Early Pearl may have been the first time I really understood the sativa/indica contrast. My friend was growing early pearl next to early girl. I loved the appearance of the bud, long sat fox brush type things, and the smell was very unique. A nice, zippy high though i also remember it being only moderately potent.

I'd love to have something similar to that but more resinous and potent. When I did the Jamaican Pearl, I did find something like a trippy sticky early pearl. I wonder if such a thing could be found in the queen after some searching?

Its funny how you will remember certain strains for the rest of your life.

Good luck with the queens Dawn, and good job getting over the depression. I have found that one really appreciates mental stability after hard times.

MB aka CF

Hi Dawn,

I've got a few Early Haze outdoors right now and I have an early one that must be leaning to the Early Queen side. The smells are incredible, hard to put a handle on it, but it's a basket full. What did you notice in the Early Queen, smell wise, when you ran them before? I recently took a small sample bud to view, dried it breifly and jarred it, first time I opened the jar it was like holy sh*t.

Thx

hi Dawn was just looking at your thread . I am growing some EQ as well and I noticed the seem cottoncandy smell. there was a CottonCandy clone going around a couple of years ago that I grew out and this Early Queen smells just like it . From the very begining of flowering I could detect the smell. I realy like it .about a week away from harvest . I only have 2 girls but they both smell like cottoncandy but one is definatly stronger in smell. mine have some foxtailing and the buds are good size but not as dense as I would like . I am flowering under T5 so maybe that has something to do with it ?

I also have Early Skunk on the way so it will be interesting to see if there are similarities between that and Early Queen. Have you any experience with ES?

Hi Dawn,

No experience with either Early Skunk or Early Queen other then I'm growing Early Haze right now. One of the phenos is so friuty/floral it surprised me. And yes it will be interesting to compare Early Skunk to Early Queen, isn't Early Skunk (Early Pearl x Skunk) a part of or parts of Early Queen?

Hi Dawn,

How are the Early Queens coming along? My Early Haze that I grew outdoors were very nice and now have me searching around a bit with questions. You mentioned you also had some Early Skunk on the way, did you ever start any of those?

The Early Haze I grew turned out to be a very pleasant smoke, good all around balance. I’ve been reading about some of the other early hybrids and it is rather confusing. There is Early Haze, which is Early Queen x Afghan Haze, and there is Early Skunk Haze, which is Early Pearl Skunk x Haze. Then you have the parts of those crosses, Early Queen, which lists as Early Pearl x Early Girl x Super Skunk, and Early Skunk, which is listed as Early Pearl x Skunk. It is also listed on the dad’s side as a hybrid Haze on the Early Haze and a straight Haze on the Early Skunk Haze. I’m getting confused when I read some of the threads in the Early Skunk Haze forum since some are titled as Early Haze. Maybe this is a “slang name” at the time since many of those threads are dated before the release of Early Haze (I think).

That is why I asked about the Early Queens and the Early Skunk…are you seeing any difference (if you have them both going)? What got me thinking about this is I wondered if Shanti has ever put a straight Haze to the Early Queen. I know there is U2 (EQ x HzAC) which also sounds interesting but the HzAC is actually a selected Hz hybrid.

Thx,
Bh

Hi Dawn,
Any updates, I'd like to keep up with this one as I'm big fan of the early's.
Betterhalf, you're right about the mis-named threads in the Early forum, was before Early haze was brought out. And just so you're clear, Early Skunk Haze is (EPSx(NL5xHC)) Only 25% haze, but just the kind of tastes and aromas that keep you smoking it non-stop. leather tobacco, fruit cheese and of course pine fuel.
I recommend all to try out Mr Nice's Early's, nice balanced highs with mouthwatering terpines on show.
Cheers;)

Early Skunk Haze is (EPSx(NL5xHC)) Only 25% haze....I recommend all to try out Mr Nice's Early's, nice balanced highs with mouthwatering terpines on show.

Thanks Ishmael, I was pondering mixes. So there's a little afghan coming from the dad side in the Early Skunk Haze. I recall Nevil doing something similar.

Agree with the MNS Early's.

grew early queen a couple years ago, got 14 females from 21 seeds (was sent 21 not 18 :) )

outstanding smell and taste , i mean wonderfully outstanding , yeilded better then expected too

but sadly the potency just wasnt there in any of the 14 girls :(

Back