Early Queen 2016-2017 seed crop

Hi all its been awhile, life has lead me in other directions but I have returned and now
I have a new crop of Early Queen in the tent and I am toying with the idea of a seed crop, so far I have six females out of 14 plants, two obvious phenos that i can detect, I now need to pick two males and I notice two obvious phenos, I would like to keep the super skunk sativa looking one so I need help identifying the most likely candidates I would very much appreciate help with suggestion please and thank you.
Males:
one has alternating leafs unequal pattern
second one has equal opposite leaf pattern.

Any guesses and suggestion please and thank you.

Have a kind and peaceful holiday season.
photos to follow thank you.

Ah.

Strain: Early Queen
Soil/soilless: Royal Gold tupur mix
Air-pots and fabric grow bags,
Lights: 200 watt florescent induction lamp suppose to match 400 watt hps/metal halide, maybe not but energy efficient for sure. (may add red spectrum later into flower cycle)
Grow area 32" (inch)X 32" (inch) shower stall size.
Food: General Hydroponic (GH) Maxi series dry, (GH) florallicous plus solution, (GH) diamond nectar solution, (GH) CALiMAGic solution. I seem to get pretty consistent results with this combo. :)
PH target range 5.8 to 6.2

Last edited:
Hi Mr AH good to have you back.
Why choose when you can use both. Just take cuttings of each to manage their size and flower when you are ready to pollinate. Use a small brush to pollinate the buds and ensure that you label them accordingly.

Some Lady pictures. :)

I see two phenos types: tall and small, if my memory is clear the small size turn into (single cola) donkey sticks for sure. about 52-56 days (may even go to 60 days).
I am using 200 watt induction florescent full spectrum, 3 gallon air-pots (flower) and 3 gallon fabric bags (flower). For me I like the air-pots more for three reason, less soil, longer reuse life for the pot, and moisture can be problematic at certain times of year. Enjoy.

IMG_0159 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0145 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0146 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0159 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0160 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0164 by A h, on Flickr

Last edited:
more photos very similar sets of three

More photo's very similar set of three

possible last group shot, I will remove one out real soon within 24 hours.

Ah

Duplicate set of three. Very good. :)

100_0529 by A h, on Flickr

Last Group shot maybe.
Indica to the left, sativa center, skunk right side, please offer suggestion

100_0535 by A h, on Flickr

Thank you .

I'm a little late but I think this stain is pretty stable. Most plants exhibit the same kind of high and most plants grow similar buds. The taller plant may* have somewhat looser buds while the shorter one somewhat more dense.
I think the smoke will be comparable between the plants. It would be interesting to know if you found the same.
I don't believe this is a 1 in a 1000 search type of strain.
It is a stable, reliable, mould resistant, medium yielding, medium stone, early photo-period triggering and vigorous strain. newbies and stoners seem to both like it. It isn't overwhelming for newbs, just gives than a good experience. It does the same for me.

I'm not sure you will fully appreciate this plant when grown indoors. Most seem disappointed with the bag appeal, high, trich coverage etc.. I suspect because they waisted so much money on electricity, They need to sell bud to pay for itself. I've never concerned myself with such things. I just want the best thing for me. That isn't one plant. It is at least 3.
1) really high 2) really sleepy 3) neither but still groovin'
This bud is #3. If someone expects either #1 or #2 they will be disappointed.
This is IMO outdoor bud. When this plant is grown under the sun, and for oneself, It really shines.

So I guess the moral of the story is: ...
Don't worry about whatever plant you picked. They are all equally good. ;)

Cheers
-SC

More photo's very similar set of three

possible last group shot, I will remove one out real soon within 24 hours.

Ah

Duplicate set of three. Very good. :)

100_0529 by A h, on Flickr

Last Group shot maybe.
Indica to the left, sativa center, skunk right side, please offer suggestion

100_0535 by A h, on Flickr

Thank you .

So AH . . . what happened to your grow?
Would love to hear your experience

Back