Early morning Queen (smoke report)

Seed Collector

Early Queen is an excellent wake n' bake type weed. The high wraps you in a warm blanket ( like northern lights ) but only slightly. Just enough to take the harsh morning chill away :) , Then the head buzz comes on slowly and smooth. It gives a happy buzz, puts a smile on your face but not perm-a-grin. Overall you feel wrapped in blanket in a good mood, with good thoughts.

- The potency is lower than most other MNS varieties, but the tolerance build-up is slow.
- This is an outdoor plant! Indoors this plant would be far surpassed by almost any other MNS variety. The major benefit of early varieties {EARLY photo-period triggering} is completely lost indoors.
- This strain is specially designed to not mould outdoors.
- Because of the Early triggering photo period, This plant gets to mature during the summer when the sun is at it's peak. NOT in the fall when the sun is weak. This makes a major difference. Properly sun grown weed is incredible. Maybe even the best there is.
- Because of these factors Early Queen only reaches it's full potential outdoors (IMO)

Depression and Anxiety are served very well with this strain. It may not be a one hit and quit, but it is definitely a couple hit and enjoy your day type weed ;) I much prefer to smoke Early Queen during the day than OG kush or Sleepy Afghan Or racy Haze. It has a great functional but not weak buzz. (the potency may only be 15%, so you will need two hits instead of one, but the buzz isn't impotent. Hope that makes sense)

Anyway, I can say Early Queen is my go to Early morning strain. :)

Peace.
SC

Sounds like a nice strain for growing outide or as a breeding project with long flowering sativas which can't be finished outdoors. What was the flavor and aroma like?

Nice write-up SeedCollecter.
What are the aromas and flavors like?

I'm very interested in the early varieties for outdoor use here.

Thanks for posting.

Stay Hazed,
Jake

Nice write-up SeedCollecter.
What are the aromas and flavors like?

I'm very interested in the early varieties for outdoor use here.

Thanks for posting.

Stay Hazed,
Jake

Sorry Guys, I didn't see the replies..

Also I'm not very good @ describing flavour or smells. I know someone who is though. Unfortunately I don't have any for them to sample right now and It's been a while for me..

I can tell you it's not earthy/kushy/swampy/musky.
It has more subtle and gentle sativa flavours, they are more candy/fruity but the taste/smell is a little more robust than most sativas.

sorry I can't be more help right now. Maybe if I get a sample sometime in the future, I will add an update.

- SC

Sounds like a nice strain for growing outide or as a breeding project with long flowering sativas which can't be finished outdoors. What was the flavor and aroma like?

I've never tried early haze, but I believe it would be very nice.
U2 also. I see one picture of U2 in the gallery that makes me drool. :p

I am big fan of Early Haze for outdoor grows with moderate climate (so harvest in mid-Sept-mid-Oct), and I found his description of Early Queen kind of funny because I couldn't really describe Early Haze either. Its like some old school flavor, not overpowering, just lovely. And I described the high similar to him, too, just kind of nice, no talking to God and no nodding out, and no real groggy come-down, just kind of lounging.

I might try messing around with straight Early Queen after reading this =D.

I am big fan of Early Haze for outdoor grows with moderate climate (so harvest in mid-Sept-mid-Oct), and I found his description of Early Queen kind of funny because I couldn't really describe Early Haze either. Its like some old school flavor, not overpowering, just lovely. And I described the high similar to him, too, just kind of nice, no talking to God and no nodding out, and no real groggy come-down, just kind of lounging.

I read a report on Early Haze by BobbyDigital ;)
My impressions on the differences are:

Early Haze looks
1) like it yields a lot more
2) like the plants are twice as tall
3) the buds probably have more resin on average

Early Queen is
1) smaller about 5 feet tall
2) a medium yield-er
3) consistent - harvest around sept 30
4) probably less bag appeal

The high described does sound similar though.
Their is no searching for a keeper here. that is nice. It can all go in one bag and You probably won't really tell the difference from plant to plant.

Peace
-SC

I kind of felt like the early queen was a half completed strain at first., like it was missing something., over time the little extra kick that it was missing turned out to be appropriate for more situations.
It's kind of like drinking beer. They sell 7% alcohol beer and probably much higher. Most people drink the 4-5% alcohol beer on a daily basis though. Why is that? because being blasted off your face all day, everyday, makes it pretty hard to function. It is the best because it's not the strongest.. it's weird but it makes sense.

I think some people misunderstand the difference between early and fast. This is why early queen is an outdoor bud. critical mass for example is a fast strain. why would anyone spend the electricity to bud early queen for 8-9 weeks under lights just for bud with low bag appeal, that is a 5 in high. critical mass will be done in 7 and score an 8-9 on bag appeal. Most reports in this forum come from indoor grows. That makes no sense to me whatsoever. I don't suggest anyone do that. This is a fail-safe outdoor strain, that you just know will come in without mould and on time. Also you can smoke it all year without getting sick of it or immune to it.

it kinda reminds me of the old Mighty Mite that lots of us used to buy and smoke for years. No one ever said it was the best they ever had, but no one ever complained or went looking for something better either.

Peace
-SC

Last edited:
It's kind of like drinking beer. They sell 7% alcohol beer and probably much higher. Most people drink the 4-5% alcohol beer on a daily basis though. Why is that? because being blasted off your face all day, everyday, makes it pretty hard to function. It is the best because it's not the strongest.. it's weird but it makes sense.

Thanks SC. This is exactly what I've been saying about different strains and the need for variety WHEN LEGALITY hits. i absolutely LOVE better handled Mexican schwag! I won't buy it these days because i don't want to subsidize head lopping south of the border, but it IS an uplifting energy GIVING type of weed. Or at least it used to be. Lot's of indica seems to be mixed in last times I was buying it. And unfortunately, I won't be growing any until the legal status changes. :)

Considering how much prevalent Mexican weed was in the US in the 1960s - 1980s, it's surprising how few Mexican strain varieties there are in the marketplace today. Mexican doesn't show up very often in MNS strains, for example. On edit, I guess Skunk is supposed to have Aculpulco Gold in it, so I guess there is a lot of Mexin in modern strains.

Nice to to hear that EG is a solid, daytime smoke. I can see how the Mexican gives it a nice little kick.

Last edited:

I hope to grow both strains in 22

Back