Dreamtime done right.

biclord

De-brief: These DT are a mix of new and old seed stock. The old stock I had previously left for dead originally did not germinate. And I contacted shanti and he sent me fresh stock. The new stock are leftovers from a 12/12 grow that I attempted but had to cut short due to "security" reasons.

So there were 14 seeds I soaked and placed in to tupperware. 12 cracked, I got 11 to pop above soil.

The new stock that germinated were bigger and darker seeds, some were even black. The older stock were greyish and smaller. I will make a distinction between the new and old seeds when they mature.

They are 6 days old now. Tupperware was used to bring along a few runts and they're doing better. Crossing my fingers for 5-6 females :)

21cdwkw.jpg

Hi biclord,it's great that your doing a report on the dreamtime,before i made my choice of the angel heart the DT was what i was looking at,i think it's well cool not knowing what you've got and having different plants i think i'll get a pack of these next year,good luck bicord...ps.

Thank you both for the kind words.

I saw something strange when I opened my closet today. Apparently the fungus that i had mistaken for a embryo root turned in to a mushroom. The fungus looked like a normal root tap but with a bunch of white hairs extended outwards. Pretty weird because it can get hot in the closet 85-90 degree type hot.

33fepzk.jpg

2090xgo.jpg

Creamtime

Hey biclord,
Glad to see someone doing a dreamtime thread:).
A"friend" of mine has 3 dreamtime females about 3 weeks in flower,
theese came from very old dreamtime packs "yellow packs"we reckon them to be around 5 to 8 years old, out of 2 packs of 18, only 3 popped,they were purchased very cheap due to the age.
I can say theese ladies are about 6 1/2 foot tall and smell very strongly of incense,they are very much identical,but one has the double leaf seration trait.
It will be good to see if any of the new stock, resembles any of the 3 my friend has.
how old were the older seeds you have,if you dont mind me asking ?;)

Hey biclord,
Glad to see someone doing a dreamtime thread:).
A"friend" of mine has 3 dreamtime females about 3 weeks in flower,
theese came from very old dreamtime packs "yellow packs"we reckon them to be around 5 to 8 years old, out of 2 packs of 18, only 3 popped,they were purchased very cheap due to the age.
I can say theese ladies are about 6 1/2 foot tall and smell very strongly of incense,they are very much identical,but one has the double leaf seration trait.
It will be good to see if any of the new stock, resembles any of the 3 my friend has.
how old were the older seeds you have,if you dont mind me asking ?;)

Hi Eggy, I dont know how exactly old they were. But I received the older stock last summer from a seedbank in the u.k.

The seeds were tiny! Like the smallest ive ever seen.

Here they are at 9 days old. I had to make room because 11 plants was just too much for my closet. :(

I axed the weakest runt. There were a couple. Most likely from bad compacting soil and not genetic. The star of the group is top left and double the size of the 2nd biggest plant. Its most likely male but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Still a couple lag'ers but again most likely from soil compaction on my part. I over calculated hoe much soil I had so I couldnt fill every 2 gallon bag fully and still 2 plants need soil.

2cibvix.jpg

2j5xdmr.jpg

207ugw5.jpg

Best of luck bro, cant wait to see what diversity of stock you get and Im hoping for eleven females:eek::D Peace:) AB

you may not get much diversity at all; all my DT seeds look as identical as can be and are producing identical plants - someone else has mentioned this as well

The best guess is that DT seeds are breeding project seeds with maybe a few other bits added - the idea that you were getting a mix of the expensive strains a quarter of the price they are sold as in singles isn't really likely

the idea that you were getting a mix of the expensive strains a quarter of the price they are sold as in singles isn't really likely

The characteristics of the seeds that i germinated were pretty damn diverse. Black, brown, grey, grey with tiger pattern, big, small etc.

The idea these will all grow uniformly is pure conjecture.

Only time will tell. ;)

The characteristics of the seeds that i germinated were pretty damn diverse. Black, brown, grey, grey with tiger pattern, big, small etc.

The idea these will all grow uniformly is pure conjecture.

Only time will tell. ;)

I did not express an idea that your seeds would grow uniformly I only said diversity was not guarenteed since some people are recieving fairly unmixed seed. Indeed it sounds from your description that you do have more of a mix; I will be interested to see what you get

Last edited:
11 days old now.

23yiv.jpg

This guy is a runt if I ever saw one. I've had ones like this in the past, as long as its alive and kicking it will probably make it.

213g2a1.jpg

The alpha of the group. I really, really hope this turns out to be female. I will pollinate the fuck out of it.

2v1ufsi.jpg

P.S. WTF is this shit tinypic? You kiddin' me?

viiduf.jpg

screamtime

Hey all,
I must say,the seeds in the two "dreamtime" packs i saw did have visual differences (i.e. either,black,brown or tiger stripes.)im thinking maybe the three that popped and came up more or less identical,were probably the same strain and maybe the freshest seeds from the 36 original seeds,(if between 5 and 8 years is fresh:)).
biclord looking at a couple of your seedlings,you may think they'll be quite on the indica side,but theese 3 leggy sats with needle thin leaves looked very indica at the stage yours are at right now,they were pinched out and just took off like"billy o blimey"and still needed supercropping to keep the height down to a manageable level (if 6 1/2 foot is manageable):D.
Thanks for showing;)

Hey all,
I must say,the seeds in the two "dreamtime" packs i saw did have visual differences (i.e. either,black,brown or tiger stripes.)im thinking maybe the three that popped and came up more or less identical,were probably the same strain and maybe the freshest seeds from the 36 original seeds,(if between 5 and 8 years is fresh:)).
biclord looking at a couple of your seedlings,you may think they'll be quite on the indica side,but theese 3 leggy sats with needle thin leaves looked very indica at the stage yours are at right now,they were pinched out and just took off like"billy o blimey"and still needed supercropping to keep the height down to a manageable level (if 6 1/2 foot is manageable):D.
Thanks for showing;)

Yeah, I am expecting indica type plants. After all shanti didnt name the packs Dreamtime for shits n giggles.

Or did he. :D

Any pics of these Dreamtime you speak of?

custard creamtime

Hey biclord,

I had the feeling that with the "dreamtime" strain description saying something like "A selection of mixed indoor varieties of excellent parentage including Skunk, NL, Haze, and Afghan" that they maybe relativly indica and squattish,this isnt the case with my friends plants(but no complaints theese things are agressive growers) and extremely sat dominant which cant be sniffed at;)

Last edited:
Two weeks old.

9vd3qr.jpg

The freak of nature

2egehjn.jpg

Some heat stress. I think it will pull through. I think this one has afghani genes for sure. I've had afghans react bad to high temps before.

294jgpi.jpg

Lost power for 18 hrs from the hurricane. They were wilting by the time i got the lights back. They should pull through but what else can go wrong :(

creamtime

Hey biclord,
Sounds like your having a bit of a time of it,
Keep going m8 im sure they'll pull through,tough buggers im sure;).

Back