Dreamtime - 2013

really into this diary mate, i am very keen on the dreamtime mix. What ph is your feed on and EC ?
Will your ph and EC drop now you have switched to 12/12 ?
fantastic plants but well done and congrats on being a grail tester

@vegemite - thanks for dropping by

I don't have a PH tester so I couldn't tell you that but it must be ok.
I don't know what EC is, I've been trying to figure it out without looking like a know-nothing but, shit what's EC?

The plants are magic, you put them in the ground and beautiful weeds emerge, Dreamtime is an awesome packet if you are someone like me, just starting out. Lots of different plants and way more than just pheno variations. My germ rates weren't great but next time I think I would scarify the seed cases, especially on the larger seeds.

The soil is strictly organic (bio), right now my soil is

• organic soil from a previous grow
  • top soil from a local nursery
  • sheep manure - packaged and aged
  • worm castings
  • blood meal
  • bone meal
  • perlite and a bit of vermiculite
I don't have proportions, I'm kinda winging it.

A lot of people don't like dirt but it seems to be working well for me and hydro just seems too complicated. Plus I will never go in a dedicated grow shop, too easy to have my car license recorded and added to a list of people watching. Supermarket or department store or local nursery for all my needs.

One thing that has been amazing for my plants is the seaweed extract, it perks them right up and it doesn't even smell bad!

This is only my second grow but it is going much better than my first, it's also a better time of year. I won't try growing again in winter, too much electricity spent on heat. Plus my room is better insulated now.

Things are going to get pretty crazy in the next few weeks and I still haven't taken any clones, I hope to get to that tomorrow. :)

Thanks for dropping by.

Good to hear they're coming along Barnflowers! My dreamtime seedlings just a little ahead of yours in time, I found the germination rate on these a little weak as was the NHS . Might have been temp related. The 10 skunkhaze I just planted 5 days ago all came up within 8 hours of each other. (used bottom heating on these 4 days)
We'll all be watching the Dreamtime grow here, exciting with a mix like this , I can clearly see at least 3 different leaf patterns in the four 2 week olds I have.. will post pics later hopefully. Hope you get at least 10 to work with!;)
your seeds came up quick .did they popcorn ?

@painreleaf - popcorn?

You mean did he shell split in the water?

If so, then NO.

I soaked them for only 8-10 hours and then straight into soil. I would definitely germinate again this way. The NHS I planted, I got 4 for 4 sprouts, but one took a while.

I also soaked in chlorinated town water, water at home is from a well. The well water is good but I read that chlorinated water is a little safer, but that could just be cannabis lore. :confused:

Cannabis shells can carry virus and disease so I would assume chlorine in the water would help kill that. I think dj short? Said a very light bleach added to your soaking water is beneficial to your seedlings. Someone correct me if I am not remembering right, but I think it was said that way.

Dreamtime.

Agree 100% on the growing medium Barnflowers, just the way I do it too. I like your seaweed extract but haven't tried it yet. I can see how good your plants look though. A tip on taking cuttings, other may disagree, but I take the four bottom branches of each selected plant at 4 weeks 12/12 when you have a clear idea of their sex.Reason being you may not want clones of all the plants including potential males. The tops will be showing gender at that point but not the lower ones ( at least for me with thick canopy shading) so they go easily back to veg in separate quarters. Some of the biggest and best looking ones now may turn out to be big good looking males!(breeders)
@Painrelief, I was quoted there about fast popping seeds , that was in reference to the Skunkhaze, which I have started a thread on here in strain base.
Weezy ., yes I believe DJ does recommend that, you can also use alittle say seaweed extract in the water too to pop them. I soak them half day in lukewarm well water and then right into nice warm soil.

Speaking of soil , check out this rich organic matter dug out of a swamp:D I have since worked this over by hand and will grow alot of veggies on it and a few skunkhaze

Attachments

• SANY1175.jpg
    SANY1175.jpg
    984.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
@painreleaf - popcorn?

You mean did he shell split in the water?

If so, then NO.

I soaked them for only 8-10 hours and then straight into soil. I would definitely germinate again this way. The NHS I planted, I got 4 for 4 sprouts, but one took a while.

I also soaked in chlorinated town water, water at home is from a well. The well water is good but I read that chlorinated water is a little safer, but that could just be cannabis lore. :confused:

Cool.no I meant an actual popping sound
I, ve heard then pop.4/4 good going.

Well another brief update on the Dreamtimes.

Last night I took 10 clones

• DT6 - 1clone
  • DT7 - 1 clone
  • DT3 - 2 clones
  • DT11 - 2 clones
  • DT12 - 2 clones
  • DT1 - 2 clones
The only one I didn't clone was DT8 but I might get to that real soon.
I'm 99% sure of the sex of the Dreamtimes now, they all appear to be female! Seven females out of seven, looks like I hit the Dreamtime jackpot!

I have no idea what the sex of the NHS are so far, they are not showing yet.

This is my first attempt at taking clones so I had to do a little handyman stuff. I don't have a seedling warming tray so I made one out of a couple of wine heaters (used to warm the carboy when making wine) and some corrugated plastic sheet, it seems to be working as desired. So the tray I made fits in the bottom of a plastic storage tote and it is currently located in my basement near my seedling light stand. I'm misting with water and the tote is then covered with a plastic sheet. This morning it was 17C and 94% humidity in the tote, the cuttings appear wilted but I understand it's normal for this to happen.

Hopefully all the cuttings survive, I have plans to put at least two of them outside to see how they do. It's still pretty cool here but spring is definitely on it's way!

Awesome luck on the 7 females! too bad on the germ though. like you said, next time scraping the seed will help immensely

can't wait to see what comes from that dreamtime pack

be watching here and your Grail Widow test as well! :D

Last edited:
Just a couple of image to celebrate 4/20

Leaf variations in cuttings.

DT11, DT7, DT12, DT1

Attachments

• cuttings-tote.jpg
    cuttings-tote.jpg
    627.6 KB · Views: 19
Looking very happy those cuttings. Ya the totes are very usefull!! I think 4/20 got alot more positive attention this year. Cheers!

So it's been about a week since my last photo shoot. :)

Here are some pics showing the garden after one week of 12/12. Lots of leaf variations indicating different strains, as advertised! Wish I knew what some of them were.

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    635 KB · Views: 48
  • 0006.jpg
    0006.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 0007.jpg
    0007.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 0008.jpg
    0008.jpg
    642.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 0009.jpg
    0009.jpg
    645.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 0010.jpg
    0010.jpg
    652 KB · Views: 30
  • 0011.jpg
    0011.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 41
Hey guys I would love some input on what strains you think I might have here.
I know for sure what one of them is because it's from a pack of NHS (I have four growing)

(I just realized that you have to be logged in to see the images below)

National Health Service

I'm pretty sure that this one is Shark Shock.

But what about these?

Any suggestions or guesses would be welcome! Promise I won't hold you to it. :)

Geez, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas!

Last edited:
Nice Dreamtimes !

Good growing ! Love those leaves eh? Like you say some Mystery involved, sounds like SS is picked out will be nice to see them develope. Don't see much double serration on them, mostly sat dom looking longer leaves, guess we'll see better at 4 wks 12/12 . They're gonna do the 12/12 Jump now ! Thats always fun. Gonna make a lot of good medicine these girls.. thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
So I'm 99% sure that NHS#1 and NHS#2 are males, #3 and #4 are so immature that they aren't showing at all yet.

So it occurs to me that this could be a mini breeding project, instead of the usual attributes plants are mated based on their names, if it's a cool name then give it a try!

So now I have 'National Dream' NHS X Dreamtime girls.

Sounds like a winner plus it could be shortened like 'Northern Lights'='NL ; 'National Dream' = 'ND' so 'ND#11' would be a cross of NHS and SHARK SHOCK!

Wait! I think I'm stoned, forget all that!

It's really wonderful seeing all of these different strains and how much variation there is in leaf shape and plant structure. I'm really glad I ran the Dreamtimes and I would recommend it to anyone (like me) who doesn't have a lot of grows under their belt.

Initially I was concerned that I would have two feet of height difference from plant to plant, so far this has not been the case. I guess things could change now that they are entering the flowering stage, we shall see.

hay barn those are all looking great I know it's fun to pick people's brains and guess which strains these could possibly be. being that they're so random you actually will pick the best one for you based on its attributes not marketing! keep up the good work sir

@Weezy - thanks for checking in, drop by when you have internet!

Ya, the Dreamtime pack has been a gas and seven out of seven girls! I was hoping for a keeper and since my standards are not that high, I should get something nice to smoke!

In a couple of weeks I'll be starting 'The Grail Widow', betcha there's a keeper in that pack!

National Dream

Wonder if Pierre Burtons estate will be looking for something there :)
Will be interesting to see how much they jump now with the 12/12. Like you say the Dreamtime is a fun pack for sure!

I'm kinda thinking that Pierre Burton's estate would be happy to distance themselves from a cannabis strain bearing that name, but I can see that you are thinking along the same lines as myself.

Inside joke alert: For those who aren't Canadian, Pierre Burton wrote a book called 'The National Dream' about building a rail road across Canada

Back