Here's my first doors hazy pheno.
Shots were taken @ 70 days flowering.

yosemite-sam-albums-doors-picture6937-dsc-0017.jpg

yosemite-sam-albums-doors-picture6938-dsc-0021.jpg

yosemite-sam-albums-doors-picture6939-dsc-0030.jpg

Peace,
YS

Nice!

That's a big ass bud for such a small pot.

yosemite-sam-albums-doors-picture6937-dsc-0017.jpg

Good observation, wonkadonk.

On one of my old forums they would do a party cup competition. How much you can you yield out of a 12oz cup was the idea. They were getting over 1 gram/oz of container volume which is like pulling 24 oz's out of a 5 gallon container. Pretty high marks if you ask me. It ends up being roughly about 1 oz of container volume/watt if you crunch those numbers into a handy-dandy rule of thumb to use for calculating your minimum root/container volume requirements.

Nice work as always, Yosemite Sam.

Peace.

Great Job

Sam,

That is a nice looking plant. Great job...Reminds me of the beer cups a friend here ran. He hasn't been around in awhile. Either way those are some really nice looking plants. Do you need a sample tester?...lol. Jokin friend...Again seriously a nice job especially the container size. Not taking that into account. Your skills there are done right. Best to you, and your grows...Ns

NICE

Lookin' good Y. Sam,

Reminds me of my Pink floyd hazy pheno. It had that same odd cola shape and beading cylaxes. You've got me pumped up for my little baby Doors to get to the finish line! Thanks for sharing your pics :D

IBF

Hey Yosemite Sam those Doors are looking great. it will be interesting to see how its smokes compared to Nevils Haze. Have seeds of both but tried neither, perhaps The Doors will be a better indoor option?

Please make sure you keep us updated. lots of people would appreciate the end result and perhaps some thoughts on how it eventually smokes up.

thanks Sam your obviously on track for a nice harvest.

cheers

news

Sam,

Any news on the doors here yet? Looking stellar, but heck. You already knew that. Still love that little one. Say if you don't mind. Would you mention what you run nutewise? I know you said you use rockwool, or the cubes. Was just curious...Ns

Sam,

Any news on the doors here yet? Looking stellar, but heck. You already knew that. Still love that little one. Say if you don't mind. Would you mention what you run nutewise? I know you said you use rockwool, or the cubes. Was just curious...Ns

Hi,
I will chop the tester one of these days. I will take some shots of her when i do. She looks like a true beauty, very potent but smells weird. It has some 5HzC characteristics in her but there's more, some skunky whiffs i guess and something sour like in yogurt. Lot's a resinproduction on the bud, it'll probably be a strong smoke.

I use a combo of nutes: For N i use a Calcium nitrate granules and for the K and P nutes i use Yara Kristalon, the brown bags.
I make concentrate solutions with both of them but seperately so i have a A (P&K) and a B (N) solution.
I put 1L of each in 98L water plus a few ml of PH- et voila, the nute mix is ready.
It's an old skool nute mix developed specific for haze hybrids on rockwool.
Very simple but very effective.
Regards,
YS

thank you

Sam,

Thanks for the answers, and best to you with this. Will be looking forward to the pictures. Be well...Ns

I use a combo of nutes: For N i use a Calcium nitrate granules and for the K and P nutes i use Yara Kristalon, the brown bags.
I make concentrate solutions with both of them but seperately so i have a A (P&K) and a B (N) solution.
I put 1L of each in 98L water plus a few ml of PH- et voila, the nute mix is ready.

i think this is a good idea, one reason so not to waste money on lots of gimmick grow products, i looked in the yara products and looked like would work perfect,,, just like you do sam.

the cost of you food is very little, and when you buy a 25kg sack of fert,,,, it gonna make 25000 ltr.

hahha. bring on the 25000ltr haze field, ok sam thanks for sharing, all the best.

greeenjon

Hi all,

First of all congrats to Shanti for creating this great new haze variety!

Second, i'm sorry to say i havn't made any more pics of my doors-tester.
Been to busy guys, couldn't find the time.

But i dried it, cleaned it and had a taste. (See i'm very busy hey... :D)

It's a bit of a mix when it comes to aroma's and taste.
I can smell both Haze A and C in it , like in the NH, but it has a more darker aroma, maybe also because of the skunk that's in the AC male mix, not completely sure about it at the moment, more tasting and longer curing is def. needed!

I'm not good at comparing the smells with regular things, to me it all smells like good herb.

But this doors pheno is a dark one.
Very strong dark spicy scent and taste and gives a very strong introspective high. Great stuff for philosophers and dreamers in my oppinion.
Or if you're cleaning some bud with a great tune in the background this stuff is what you need.

In my oppinion this strain can easily compete with a nevilles haze although personally i prefer the typical nev taste/smell over this one.

The doors bud wasn't so dense, more of the fluffy type.

I had a new nev pheno along with this doors, same pot size, same veg time, same everything. The nev yielded 40 grams dried bud while this doors yielded 36 grams. The nev looked like it wouldn't produce a higher yield but the nev bud was denser. (This nev is also a beauty, more fresh spicy peppery aroma, less liver/leather)

I'm running the same doors pheno again and i will do my best to show you guys some pics when ready.
If i find the time and space.

All the best
YS

Last edited:
Hi YS,

I have a hard time relating smells and tastes also but I think you did a good job.

I have 12 doors females to sort though and 9 Nevilles haze seedlings going at the moment.

I was wondering how many days flowering your doors hazey pheno went?

My pink floyd hazey pheno goes right at 12 weeks and has a striking resemblance to your doors.

Thanks in advance

IBF

Last edited:
hey itsbenfun,
Yep, this was also a 12 week pheno.

Just came to mind that the "diesel" is def in this doors pheno, that's kinda what i mean when i refer to it as being dark.
It kinda has the same kind of overwhelming scent as when you r smelling this bud, pretty harsh.
I think BigHerb will like this one.
YS

Last edited:
Sam, you just said something that confirmed what I've been saying for years in a roundabout way.

I got a pure Sour D pheno out of my Jack Herer - what we called the Cinnamon cut. It was 100% sour diesel, no ifs ands or buts, an identical pheno. I've always thought the original Diesel was some sort of Nl5x Haze combo and the Sour in Sour Diesel came from the addition of Skunk. People refuse to hear that as the "original story" that came from Chemdawg and JJ has nothing to do with the Nl5 x Haze, but seriously...once you've grown it as you have, as I have etc... You get it, there's no other way.

PS - AMAZING grow in a tiny little pot. You have to teach me how to do that - I used to BOMB on the beer cup competition =/

I got a pure Sour D pheno out of my Jack Herer - what we called the Cinnamon cut. It was 100% sour diesel, no ifs ands or buts, an identical pheno. I've always thought the original Diesel was some sort of Nl5x Haze combo and the Sour in Sour Diesel came from the addition of Skunk. People refuse to hear that as the "original story" that came from Chemdawg and JJ has nothing to do with the Nl5 x Haze

Sour Diesel is reported to be:

('91 Chemdawg x (Mass Super Skunk x NL)) x ((NL x Shiva) x Hawaiian)

Aren't Mass Super Skunk, NL and NL x Shiva all connected to Nevil?

Could there be a chance the '91 Chemdawg also came from Nev's genetics?

Back