Dirt farming with the Black Widow

Dirt Farmer

I am about 6 weeks into growing the Black Widow strain so to catch up to where the plants are now I received 23 seeds and germinated 9 using the paper towel method put inside two ceramic plates which were then wrapped in black plastic and placed 2 1/2 feet under a 600 watt blue metal halide light with an air temperature of 78-80 degrees. Within 24 hours there was 100% germination which is typical with this method. The germinated seeds were then planted into beer cups with straight Fox Farms Happy Frog soil and after about 2 weeks were transplanted into 3 gallon Smart Pots with amended Happy Frog. One of the seeds did not make it to the seedling stage so there were eight plants which I topped at two weeks and then waited and topped them a few more times after they showed their sex which ended up to be four female plants.

Black_Widow_XN1_PNG.png

Black_Widow_X_2PNG.png

Black_Widow_X_4PNG.png

Black_Widow_X_3PNG.png

Black_Widow_X_0PNG.png

So far these plants have been very easy to grow with plants #1 and #2 having good structure with medium sized leaves. Plant #3 stood out from the rest by having swollen nodes, really stiff stems, shorter internodes and leaves that were darker green and had a waxy appearance but have since become the same satin feel as the others. Plant #4 has a strange structure with half the plant being shorter than the other half. The growing style is organic soil using aerated teas and organic fertilizers. The ingredients used for teas and or used for amending the soil are Azomite, mycorrhizae, worm castings, Ancient Forest Humus, kelp, alfalfa, insect frass, seabird and bat guano, molasses, calcium, magnesium, silica, enzymes, concentrated sea water with most of the salt removed, Microbe Life Photosynthesis Plus, Nourish-L, and sometimes in between aerated teas and just water I will use AN Iguana Juice Grow and Bloom with the final pot size being 15 gallons.

Last edited:
Sounds like your very experienced! Also you put a lot of detail into your grow and log so I'm excited to see you selection and grow! Thanks for sharing

Thank you for the compliments. After a couple weeks I germinated four more seeds and so far two have shown
as females. I transplanted the original four females into 15 gallon smart pots and this weekend I will be taking clones
and putting two plants into the 12/12 flowering cycle with the other two going in later in the week.

Black_Widow_X_7PNG.png

Black_Widow_last2PNG.png

Thank you Birdbrain. These plants have been growing very fast going from 3 gallon smart pots to filling up 15 gallon
pots in two weeks. I put two plants into the 12/12 flowering period today with two more going in probably early next week.
I culled two males so there are now two more females vegging in 3 gallon pots.

Black_Widow_day1_PNG.png

Back