Cureing you harvest the most importent part after harvest.

i'd love to have the patience to wait 2 years! Dont think mould would be an issue unless there are conditions that would encourage it in the first place. Provided adequate ventilation, and circulation of air with relatively low humidity was a given! Once there is no moisture left, surely mould wouldnt be a factor, would it?

@ indicadom:
the reason i bumped this thread was to get some pertinent info out there to the newbies who come here to learn...if that is your intention...to make hempys wisdom even more accessible by correcting his spelling, then im with you...however, if its just the usual ego boosting shit that plagues the net then im not with you and will treat you as a troll

a little history about this forum...there was a big influx of new members a few years ago due to several prominent cannabis figures posting here regularly...this led to several "young gunslingers" strutting around trying to make a name for themselves by besting the celebrities in logic or ranting...most of the celebrities left but a few who loved this forum stuck around to defend it...hempy was one of those and paid the price for it

his last stand was as a moderator here and he deserves the credit along with JessE for outlasting the bastards and driving them out... but then going into seclusion..,.cant blame him for that.

my question to you is: why are you here? if its just for you, ie showing through your logic and knowledge that youre SOMEONE then dont expect a welcome if on the other hand you get off your horse and walk youll find some of the best genetics and cannabis lovers on the net here...the choice is yours

btw please dont reply by quoting me point by point followed by your rebuttals...that is just anal...

peace
smokepole

IMO it would be a good story if it were only true, hempy was asked to leave, because it was finally realised he was the worst of all the trouble makers, starting 80% or more of it himself and most certainly NEVER one of "the celebrities" you mention, to even attempt to make such a claim is sad indeed

just saying

IMO it would be a good story if it were only true, hempy was asked to leave, because it was finally realised he was the worst of all the trouble makers, starting 80% or more of it himself and most certainly NEVER one of "the celebrities" you mention, to even attempt to make such a claim is sad indeed

just saying

And if that's true you've been banned here cause Hempy was gone before I got here and how else would you know Hempy was asked too leave? I always thought you guys just trolled him too hard and he gave a fuck unlike me.

And if that's true you've been banned here cause Hempy was gone before I got here and how else would you know Hempy was asked too leave? I always thought you guys just trolled him too hard and he gave a fuck unlike me.

pretty sure i told you n others i was one of the people who asked for their accounts to be deleted and i left due to all the negativity, much like threads you are involved with

always kept contact and talked with shanti though

since i seen the negativity level drop i returned

not that its ANY of your business anyway

Long cure

Hi all!

I love this forum, but those tiring discussions again and again....

Taking the whole plant with fan leaves still on in a dark and cool place and slowly drying it over 2-6 weeks will make a perfect cure. I did in an attic many years ago. Works best if the plants stay "wet" at least for 10-14 days.
This way enzymatic activity will break down sugar and chlorophyll and the material change colour and the taste improves.

There are strains that need no cure at all. Growing a self aquirred Thai landrace more than 30 years ago (fan leaves curling while drying, bubblegum taste, blue hues in the smoke) we were able to smoke the flower literaly "direct from the plant" perfect in taste.

Have a good time!

grower62

do you think if you are making edibles, it would be better to process plants as quickly as possible ? (i read that chlorophyll is a good dietary supplement etc).

- are there any other benefits to curing beyond taste when smoking / vaping ?

or is it exclusively for taste ?.

thanks

do you think if you are making edibles, it would be better to process plants as quickly as possible ? (i read that chlorophyll is a good dietary supplement etc).

- are there any other benefits to curing beyond taste when smoking / vaping ?

or is it exclusively for taste ?.

thanks

as for edibles, yes chlorophyll is extremely good for us

im glad you mentioned it

setting the record straight

high all

although i dont post much this time of the year, i thought i would jump into this discussion with my $.02.

when indicadom posted in hempys thread it rubbed me the wrong way and i probly over reacted...calling indicadom a troll and hempy a saint...fact is we all have the seeds of good and bad in us

yowser is correct in saying hempy was involved in a lot of the turmoil here but there was a reason for that...think of a good dog in a pen being continually teased and tormented by little boys...pretty soon he bites and snarls at everyone

i was around in the days when hempy was patient and helpful as you can see in posts #1 and #7...that is what i bumped

peace,smokepole

high all

although i dont post much this time of the year, i thought i would jump into this discussion with my $.02.

when indicadom posted in hempys thread it rubbed me the wrong way and i probly over reacted...calling indicadom a troll and hempy a saint...fact is we all have the seeds of good and bad in us

yowser is correct in saying hempy was involved in a lot of the turmoil here but there was a reason for that...think of a good dog in a pen being continually teased and tormented by little boys...pretty soon he bites and snarls at everyone

i was around in the days when hempy was patient and helpful as you can see in posts #1 and #7...that is what i bumped

peace,smokepole
Very well put man, I couldn't have said it better myself. It's threads like these that I prefer because it's got some great knowledge. I'd never have thought of a side by side cure if not for this bump.

On a side note, I've been gifted a coupla clones which means that I'm growing again. YAY :D So I might do this side by side sooner rather than later. I got a shark and one of my shark crosses that I did. Both in Hempy buckets as we speak. Getting Large! :D I xplanted them a couple of weeks ago and they're going strong, still in veg atm. Might flip in about a fortnight.

Happy days ;)

hey gm1

glad to hear youre back in the saddle again...good luck with the sharks

btw cbd shark shock from last season is my new first toke of the day med...nice calming effect, good for aches and pains, not so much thc that i cant drive off to work and put in a good day...thanks shanti/cbd crew

let us know how the side by side pans out

peace, smokepole

just saying

saying a lot for a fool been here maybe a year you fucked up bob should have never have pm'd me from your seed company account I'm not so stupid now am I that whole hissy fit post proves you got my pm considering I was just making fun of you here.
yeah hempy may have started shit but he was right.

saying a lot for a fool been here maybe a year you fucked up bob should have never have pm'd me from your seed company account I'm not so stupid now am I that whole hissy fit post proves you got my pm considering I was just making fun of you here.
yeah hempy may have started shit but he was right.

what in the hell are you talking about ?

nothing you just said makes ANY sense

you are troll 100%

what in the hell are you talking about ?

nothing you just said makes ANY sense

you are troll 100%

OK Bob I meant to post in the other thread but I smoked too much mango haze and forgot to cut and paste. Sorry about your seed company Epic Failure though maybe if you get some tips from Shanti you may sell more than 1 pack per customer and not keep trolling the forums either way I'd much more prefer Hempy over you bob/epic/ bud wiser

Last edited:
....you guys are frothing over the other thread where you were arguing,

- like fair doos hating each other as long as it is tidy, but not in the threads about things that people can learn from would be nice ?.

OK Bob I meant to post in the other thread but I smoked too much mango haze and forgot to cut and paste. Sorry about your seed company Epic Failure though maybe if you get some tips from Shanti you may sell more than 1 pack per customer and not keep trolling the forums either way I'd much more prefer Hempy over you bob/epic/ bud wiser

you arent just ignorant, you are insane, is there anyone else you wish to claim is me ? i am none of the 3 names you just mentioned

TROLL!

hey gm1

glad to hear youre back in the saddle again...good luck with the sharks

btw cbd shark shock from last season is my new first toke of the day med...nice calming effect, good for aches and pains, not so much thc that i cant drive off to work and put in a good day...thanks shanti/cbd crew

let us know how the side by side pans out

peace, smokepole
Nice one man. Here's a quick update...
wk4_veg.jpg

2 x 10l bonafide HB's, shark at the front, shark cross in the HB at the back and a small shark cross in the small brown plant pot at the back. I'm using the white buckets this time round. My first time growing in these Hempy replicas. My other buckets was bell shaped so I wanna see if there's a big difference using these straighter, cylinder type HB's. I use perlite in the rez and coco (with a bit of perlite mixed in) as the medium.

Anyway, the 2 x HB's are clones which have been lst'd and defoliated just once earlier on in veg. This is why they've bushed out quite nicely and I ain't even flipped them yet, hence the light getting into the inners. I find I get more colas this way. The reg plant pot aint getting no lst as I want her to grow into one big fatty head and keep her for my personal stash. They're 4 weeks veg atm under a 250w hps. Should flip in about a weeks time when they'll be even more bushy, and as we know that's when the real fun begins :)

Last edited:
Just a quick update on the plants. They're now over 5ft tall and 6 weeks 12/12...
day_41_flr_c.jpg

Gonna give them about another 3 or 4 weeks before chop, then I'll choose which plant I'll use for the cure side by side.

OK. Here's an update to my curing experiment comparing the conventional cure to hempy's carrier bag cure.

First off, here's a shot of the 15 zips. They have been "jarred" for about 6 weeks now...

In the big square tub is my cross (shark x afg1). The smaller square tubs is potent b grade bud and in the smaller jars are both b grade and popcorn (which is still nice to smoke when I don't wanna get too wrecked).

In the round tub and plastic bag is mns shark shock which is currently being used for this experiment.

Here's a pic of the shark in side by side containers for this experiment...

They've been curing for about 6 weeks. Both methods have been burped about 2 or 3 times a day.

So far there's no difference in taste/potency or appearance etc in either curing methods (both superb smokes as you'd expect from mns shark shock). I'll let be for about another month with a further update.

GM1.

Last edited:
Back