Cubensis shrooms

Vlad the Inhaler

tumblr_lyddssAkE01qbh26io1_1280-283x240.jpg
Just got my spore from a mate who ordered it in.
I haven't had any since 1991, the first day I turned up Mullum my mate tells me how I need to eat 20+.
Went and ate them fresh out of the field, even a couple of blues.
Had enough to last a lifetime.

Go shrooming-the day that changes your life
šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ˜„šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜œšŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ™„šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤Ŗ

CSIRO has been working with paliative care patients, and found 80%+ people had posative effect more than 6 months after a single dose. Allowed them to kill off a few self delusions and straighten out their shit. (magistrate should be handing out doses to naughty youngsters, not just saving them for dying ppl)

Mate of mine wants to dehydrate and microdose.
So I went to..
and then to..
Decided the syringe maybe bit hard to get by OZ customs, and ordered a couple of prints.
Got one sitting in my fridge door, but that's about it.
Going to make up an incubator, but I'm flying blind.

Any members out there a fun-guy?
Tips, experience or anecdotes?
Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi,

I've grown cubensis many times.
Very easy if you follow basic stƩrilisation methods.
You need a pressure cooker to sterilise your growing media and tools.
If it's your first time I would advise you to follow the PF tech (aka Psilocibe Fanaticus tech) . Simple and efficient, works all the times....
Others methods like grain inoculation/transfert in tray/casing layer will yield better.
An incubator is not mandatory it will just speed up micelium colonisation a little bit....a warm place in your home is good enough.

Have a look to mycotopia or theshoomery web sites for reliable informations.

Personally I prefer to grow panaeolus cyanescens.... Harder to grow and less forgiving but much stronger, better taste, and clearer high than cubes. Usually I make a small grow of them once a year... More than enough to supply me as I take them one or two times a year.... It's not a party drug, more a spiritual experience, they deserve respect.

Good luck with your grow.

Last edited:
The secret of alchemy is this: there is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call a 'field of force.' This field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-a-vis the Universe. From this position he has access to a Reality which is ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call 'The Great Work.'
"But what about the philosopher's stone? The fabrication of gold?"
These are only applications, particular cases. The essential thing is not transmutation of metals, but that of the experimenter himself. It's an ancient secret that a few men re-discover once in a century.
~ Fulcanelli

Cubes aren't hard to grow if you just follow a basic PF tech as Tom said.

I have only had cubes and often wonder about different effects from different species. I do small doses of Cubes these days. Just slightly above microdose. I used to do as much as I could. LOL.

I have some Albino Penis Envy I will be starting soon.

I found some "laughing Jims" a few years ago in the Texas Hill Country, but it took me too long to go harvest and they were gone. I hesitated because of fear, which may be just as well. Some subspecies have a neurotoxin. I'm NOT a real mycologist. If you think plants are complicated, jump down the mycology rabbit hole.

A nice book I read on the argument recently has been this one:" How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence " by Michael Pollan

Another book I can recommend from a psychiatrist is this one: DMT - The spirit molecule by Rick Strassman it does talk also about mushroom, very interesting the setting of the study and the reaction of people to it. It explain very well, in my opinion, what a psychosis is.

I enjoyed Strassman's book. Another good writer is the anthropologist/ethnobotanist Wade Davis. Books that come to mind are, "One River" and "The Lost Amazon." "Into The Silence" and "The Wayfinders" are also excellent reads.

ā€œAll of these cultures are fundamentally driven by this idea that they, themselves, are the stewards of the forest- that plants and animals are just people in another dimension of reality, that thereā€™s a transactional relationship between human beings and the natural world so that the hunter is both hunted and the hunter; where you donā€™t simply go to get meat, you must seek permission to get that meat; where the shaman is less a healer than a nuclear engineer who periodically goes to the very heart of the reactor to reprogram the world.ā€

ā€œThis sort of quest for individual health and healing, for individual enlightenment, individual growth- which, at some level, is completely understandable, but it is also a reflection, in good measure, of our own culture of self- the ongoing center of narcissism, the idea that oneā€™s purpose in life is to advance oneā€™s own spiritual path or oneā€™s own destinyā€¦ that is, in my experience, very much not what is going on in the traditional reaches of the northwest Amazon, where the plant (the medicine) both originated, but also, where today, itā€™s taken very much as a collective experience, such that the ritual itself becomes a prayer for the continuity and the wellbeing of the people themselves- where youā€™d never even think of this in terms of self or i.ā€

"I think in general I agree with what Ram Dass [Harvard psychologist and psychedelics pioneer Richard Alpert] said: When you get the message, hang up the phone. How much do you have to do psychedelics to get the message? A lot of people think that if you take ayahuasca regularly, itā€™s going to somehow transform the processing of your life: similarly to a Buddhist practice, in which the idea is that the practice is a goal in itself. But [as to the idea that] you take [ayahuasca] repeatedly and it transforms you: I donā€™t see how taking ayahuasca repeatedly, every week, is going to achieve the illumination in the end that Buddhist practice would. What do you learn from the tenth trip you didnā€™t learn from the first one?"

Try pdfdrive.com for the book downloads and calibre is a good epub reader.

šŸ¤™ Mu

Hello all,
@Vlad the Inhaler, good luck with the cultivation efforts. Itā€™s pretty basic once you stop worrying about everything, grew my first batch last summer.
374F528F-B1A5-4972-A2ED-CCE8B45D93ED.jpeg
It was from syringe, prints should work just as well. Got a little over an oz from 6 small cakes. I think next time I would case them to fruit. Check out this awesome tek Bobby Digital sent me. https://www.reddit.com/r/unclebens/
@PlantManBee, I love the bee/man/shroom image, I remember seeing it the 1st time as a teenager and thinking ā€œthey knew the answer back then?ā€. Wasnā€™t it a cave painting?
I also donā€™t eat as many any more. Thankfully I donā€™t eat any less either.;)
@svap thanks for the book tip, Pollan is fun to read. I havenā€™t read Strassman, will have to give it a go.
@musashi, fun points my man. I like Davis, but I LOVE Schultes. Schultes to me is the Don, Davis more like Sancho Panza. But great books,ā€œOne Riverā€ is a fave.
Whose quote is it you posted?
I pick up the phone every time, new messages, new insights on old messages. Cheers

Last edited:
Iā€™ll bet that was a good lecture. Thanks for correcting my spelling of Richardā€™s last name. Iā€™ll edit my post to reflect it. Gā€™day friends.

*attempts jedi mind trick* You want to grow enough food type mushrooms in a grow tent w/ shelves to generate enough co2 that you can vent it into your grow space, and feed your shrooms o2 from the grow space to breath.

I enjoyed Strassman's book. Another good writer is the anthropologist/ethnobotanist Wade Davis. Books that come to mind are, "One River" and "The Lost Amazon." "Into The Silence" and "The Wayfinders" are also excellent reads.

ā€œAll of these cultures are fundamentally driven by this idea that they, themselves, are the stewards of the forest- that plants and animals are just people in another dimension of reality, that thereā€™s a transactional relationship between human beings and the natural world so that the hunter is both hunted and the hunter; where you donā€™t simply go to get meat, you must seek permission to get that meat; where the shaman is less a healer than a nuclear engineer who periodically goes to the very heart of the reactor to reprogram the world.ā€

ā€œThis sort of quest for individual health and healing, for individual enlightenment, individual growth- which, at some level, is completely understandable, but it is also a reflection, in good measure, of our own culture of self- the ongoing center of narcissism, the idea that oneā€™s purpose in life is to advance oneā€™s own spiritual path or oneā€™s own destinyā€¦ that is, in my experience, very much not what is going on in the traditional reaches of the northwest Amazon, where the plant (the medicine) both originated, but also, where today, itā€™s taken very much as a collective experience, such that the ritual itself becomes a prayer for the continuity and the wellbeing of the people themselves- where youā€™d never even think of this in terms of self or i.ā€

"I think in general I agree with what Ram Dass [Harvard psychologist and psychedelics pioneer Richard Alpert] said: When you get the message, hang up the phone. How much do you have to do psychedelics to get the message? A lot of people think that if you take ayahuasca regularly, itā€™s going to somehow transform the processing of your life: similarly to a Buddhist practice, in which the idea is that the practice is a goal in itself. But [as to the idea that] you take [ayahuasca] repeatedly and it transforms you: I donā€™t see how taking ayahuasca repeatedly, every week, is going to achieve the illumination in the end that Buddhist practice would. What do you learn from the tenth trip you didnā€™t learn from the first one?"

Try pdfdrive.com for the book downloads and calibre is a good epub reader.

šŸ¤™ Mu
One River is one of my all-time favorites, I've been meaning to get around to rereading it. What really stuck to my mind was when he pointed out how they had effective medicines made up of multiple plants, some of which were highly poisonous, and how it should have taken hundreds (or thousands?) of years of trial and error to have figured them out. The question being, were they taught this by advanced beings, or figured out how to make them on the astral plane, while tripping out

Not as slow as these bad boys. I want to try grafting onto San Pedro or Peruvian Torch. Nice cacti, Tom.
View attachment 49238
Should probably do a ā€œtelephone call from a cactusā€ thread, Iā€™ll bet members have some beauties.
Beautiful peyotes!
Already old enough to flower.
You started them from seeds or you bought pups in a shop?
Will try to make a peyote seedling this year... Only way to get some as they are illegals where I live.
I found an old print of panaeolus tropicalis.... Will try to see if they are still alive and post some pictures in case of success....

@Tom bolenate, the peyote I bought three years ago out of the U.K. (where I guess itā€™s not illegal to possess) from a shop called Divine Cactus. I ordered a large one as a present for my best bud Bobby Digital, and ordered 3 small ones for myself. They sent them bare root, no problem with customs (?). They were small pups like the little ones in Musashiā€™s pic.
Speaking of which, @musashi, tell me whatā€™s going on there, the little ones look fine but the big ones look like super charged growth without the tufts and sections? Big root that had the top cut off and regrowing like mad or grafted onto something faster growing? Very interesting pic šŸ¤”

Itā€™s not great, but I only have two retirement plans so far.
1) start a million peyote seeds now, so that in twenty years I can sell them to people for $, or eat them a few a day and not care about $
2) buy all the flip phones/beepers in the world now, and store them in a warehouse until the masses come running back for them at an inflated price.
My wife likes #1 better.

Back