Critical Widow

Medicine Man

Here we grow again! A friend won these seeds and gave me 10 to try out.
Seeds germinated August 1. Grow medium is Pro-Mix Hp with 20% added perlite. Only Canna's Rhizotonic has been applied so far, both in the root zone and by foliar feeding. I'll give them their first taste of nutrients today, DutchMaster Gold Grow and Grozyme.
Lighting has been T5 48 (4ft X 8 tubes) HO tubes @ 6400 K Lights on 24/7.

August 2;
cwaugust2.jpg

August 5;
cwaugust5.jpg

August 10;
cwaugust10.jpg

August 13;
cwaugust13.jpg

Last edited:
Day 17

Thanks guys, and yes Elmer the plants luv the T5's.

I topped them today and removed some lower leaves, hope to transplant sometime next week.
August 18;
cwaugust18.jpg

Day 19

Removed more fan leaves to encourage branching.
Purchased some worm castings and 3 gallon square pots today, transplant tomorrow!
August 20;
cwaugust20.jpg

Thanks Dawn,
I waited until the 4th or 5th node to top these, they were showing some branching when I topped. 2 days after topping the branches grew a little more even though hidden under the fan leaves. Branches will takeoff now that the fan leaves are'nt covering them.

Day 20

Plants transplanted into 3 gallon square pots today. I had to place 2 under another T5 fixture, a 6 X 4Ft. tube model, just not enough room under 1 fixture for them all.
I moved the tallest and the shortest, which left me with these 8;
cwaugust21a.jpg

The same 8 transplanted;
cwaugust21.jpg

Day 25

Veg day 25.
I had to put them into bloom today due to a maintenance inspection scheduled for late October. I rent and it sux! C'est la vie, and thanks to a good friend the phenos will be kept. I'll take a few cuts of each and grow again if there's anything special. I wanted to veg for another 3 weeks, just wasn't in the cards. Hope the timing works out and they finish before the inspection, looks good so far.
cwaugust26.jpg

Last edited:
Bloom Day 15

Sorry no updates lately, and just a quick shot this time @ bloom day 15. (photo taken Sept. 10)
There's 7 females remaining, sitting directly under 600W and 1,000W hps.
Some overlapping light as well, room total is 4,600W hps.
cwsept10.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings Medicine Man,

Your plants look beautiful! I love how quickly they developed branches and grew bushy. I have had trouble with my plants (different strain) stretching too much after poping through the soil. I'm also using pro mix hp with added worm castings and I'm thinking of adding more perlit next time. Your plants seemed to stay short and grow quickly, Do you have any tips on how to accomplish such stunning plants like you got Medicine Man?

Best Regards

sativaXindica

Greetings Medicine Man,

Your plants look beautiful! I love how quickly they developed branches and grew bushy. I have had trouble with my plants (different strain) stretching too much after poping through the soil. I'm also using pro mix hp with added worm castings and I'm thinking of adding more perlit next time. Your plants seemed to stay short and grow quickly, Do you have any tips on how to accomplish such stunning plants like you got Medicine Man?

Best Regards

sativaXindica
Hey thanks for the kind words and yes I'm gonna add a bit more perlite this time too, can only help.
The T5's keep my plants bushy in veg, 6400K veg tubes is all I use. You should check some out, not as expensive as they used to be.

Bloom Day 23

These photos taken yesterday, September 18.
Plants have stopped stretching and starting to fill in, building some nice little budsites.
Been feeding them DutchMaster Gold A&B and Add .27, AN's Bud Candy and Hygrozyme. First 2 weeks 800 ppm, weeks 3 and 4 up to 1,000 ppm.

cwsept18.jpg

cwsept18a.jpg

Hey thanks for the kind words and yes I'm gonna add a bit more perlite this time too, can only help.
The T5's keep my plants bushy in veg, 6400K veg tubes is all I use. You should check some out, not as expensive as they used to be.

I can vouch for the fluoro veg as well, I have had excellent results with T5s.

Those are some beautiful plants you got there Medicine Man, the widow genetics are just some of the most fantastic ever and should be mentioned in the same breath as skunk and haze in my opinion. Probably in time they will, but they seem "out of fashion" on other parts of the internet at the moment. In the real world though, you show somebody a bag of well grown widow and they flip their lids.

Also love the buzz widow has, neither "up" nor "down" but "sohighsohighsohighsohighohmygodimsohigh".

wonderfully strong
Neither up nor down buzz
Great resin production
Big buds
And a seed plant finished in less than 8 weeks..
I just found my repacement for critical skunk...
Enjoy
Peace
BL

Bloom Day 27

Here's a couple shots from inside the bloomroom just after lights out on bloom day 27. In the background are Delahaze and Atomical Haze from Paradise Seeds, soon to be finished @ 70 days. Seed plants so there's some variation, but some nice plants still, smells like a lemon forest.
cw4sept22.jpg

cw3sept22.jpg

Nicw

MM,

As always nice job friend. I like the white look of the buds coming out, and they will sure be good meds. Billy mentioned them being quite strong. I think you will be very happy. Hope soon to hear your thoughts on the herbs. Be well...Ns

Bloom Day 33

Thanks noshow, and I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I feel your pain brother.

Plants are now under 2,600 W HPS, sharing the space with 4 others, 2 Bubba Kush, Jack the Ripper and WhiteD (The White X Tres Dawg).
Very frosty for just 33 days!

cw4sept29.jpg

cw3sept29.jpg

cwbud3sept29.jpg

cwbud2sept29.jpg

cwbud1sept29.jpg

Thanks SativaColombiana! But the plants do all the work and grow themselves ;)

Sorry no updates in a couple weeks, but everythings fine. Inspections come and gone, plants still here :D
Day 50 today, attended an Aussie Rules footie banquet last night, surprised I'm not hungover :)
They even gave us awards for supporting the team, we go to every match.
They're understanding folks, never look down on us for medicating. Call us the 'Green Corner' or 'Guys Under the Trees'.

cwoct16.jpg

cwoct16b.jpg

cwoct16e.jpg

cwoct16d.jpg

Hey thanks Elmer, today is day 50.
2 darker, purpling plants are pre-98 Bubba Kush. Usually take them to just 56 days, but be at least 63 days this time. I need some sleep meds.

Back