Critical Widow TEST..

Billy Boy

Hi peeps,
First a BIG thanks to SB for these beans, and the others too;)..... very much appreciated...

So I've been dreaming of this cross for ages and ages... and now I get the chance to test it out to see what comes...

I've a simple plan for these, and thats to flower the girls....:) Once germed, these will receive a week or two of 24hrs light then go straight to 12/12.. Males will be culled I think... There home will be under my T5's and in 6x6x6 rockwool blocks drip fed DTW....

I suppose pics help to get things started...:D

DSCN2787.JPG

DSCN2779.JPG

and next to some critical mass
DSCN2780.JPG

peace
BL

PS Competition winners can get a go with these too, if you ask shanti nicely...;)

Hey S13,
I'm super excited by this one....

I told my buddy about this cross and he almost pooped himself..
Hahaa, lets hope the bud has a similar effect....

I hope your able to post up alot on this strain cuz we all wanna see it!
If I don't post much updates, SHOUT at me...... I know I've been quite slack with previous diaries, but being a test, I intend to do my best here...:D

How did you get selected for this test? I never saw anyone mention the CMxBW but you. Did you actually request this hybrid?
It's a bit of a coincidence really, I mentioned it to shanti a month or two back, and it was in the pipe-line, so I got the offer of the first pack..

peace
BL

Good show

Billy,

Your a good grower. I can see this shaping up to be another killer show. Were you selecting q few for the tree machines?, or more of a sog garden? Can't wait to see these in action. Would love to see a fat ass BW plant that yields like the CM. Good luck my friend...Ns

Lets face it Billy,you were offered them because of all the hard work youve been putting in here of lately (BOTM & VOTM) Sterling effort all round Sir:D

Looking forward to seeing these develop.Best of luck mate Peace:)AB

hey hey.. great idea runnin em along side the CMs.. should serve as a real nice reference point.. sweet! all the best, ,, ,jj

Jeez it's about freaking time! Idk why this cross wasn't made years ago...
I've been buying white widow x big bud from Female Seeds because there wasn't a cross by MNS. It's one of my favorites and it's so easy to grow and clone. I hope this one is a keeper.

Critical widow hey.. There have been people after this cross for years and now shanti has come up with the goods. :p

Good luck with the germination.. Sending good vibes to them little babies.. Make sure you do em proud!!

Hi all....

noshow,
Were you selecting q few for the tree machines?, or more of a sog garden?
I'm always looking for the perfect tree strain, so in a word yes... but I like good commercial strains regardless... A large White bud won't disappoint, I'm sure..

amathystbuddah,
Maybe....:D:p I'm glad people enjoy the contests...

Cheers Professor77, BadLowerBack51, and Dawn.

Hey jondojoando,
great idea runnin em along side the CMs.. should serve as a real nice reference point..
My thoughts exactly mate, hope to see certain traits in each strain... Seeing them side by side will be real interesting too..

Hi Beanz,
Feel free to show us your Big Bud x White Widow, would be nice to see any similarities..

Hey-Up Doobz mate,
Yeah does seem like an obvious hybrid when you think about it.... Maybe shanti's been waiting till he's happy with the breeding stock... who knows???
Sending good vibes to them little babies.. Make sure you do em proud!!
Cheers mate..

peace
BL

Last edited:
Oh this sounds like a very promising combo, I will be pulling up a chair for this one. I like the name Black Mass as an alternative if Shanti every runs the cross reversing the parents. ;). Good luck Billy.

Thanks BB

Here are some pictures of a previous grow of Female Seeds wwxbb.
It took really well to topping. Sorry about the quality. I took those before I had a good digicam.
1572302d1303915280-beanslys-2011-spring-indoor-grow-wwxbb04.jpg

1572303d1303915351-beanslys-2011-spring-indoor-grow-wwxbb03.jpg

1572304d1303915360-beanslys-2011-spring-indoor-grow-wwxbb02.jpg

1572305d1303915370-beanslys-2011-spring-indoor-grow-wwxbb01.jpg

I liked it so much I kept a cut. Here it is on my scrog now.
100_43701.jpg

100_43691.jpg

100_4374.jpg

100_43711.jpg

100_4368.jpg

100_43661.jpg

Beanz

all the best with the test mate, like many have said this should be a stella cross. cnt say iv tried shantis widow, after growing 4 or maybe 5 diff seed version of claimed original w widow to find the widow i remember from mid 90s and failing each time i gave up, why i didnt inclued shantis widow is beond me, i supoose after 3 yrs try and not even coming close i got fed up... have you tried shantis widow?

Oh this sounds like a very promising combo, I will be pulling up a chair for this one. I like the name Black Mass as an alternative if Shanti every runs the cross reversing the parents. ;). Good luck Billy.

Ditto. I'm liking the sound of a CW male.

Is there a CM x CW in your future, Billy?

Thanks for sharing.

Peace.

Hi Lord Siva,
Thanks for the wishes...:D

mr cheese,
Sounds like you should have tried shanti's widow first, seeing as it's his baby..;)LOL
I've never grown any white/black widow, but have smoked copious amounts of Black Market white widow.... most of it very strong, and white... where I come from, cuts do the rounds, and not many grow or select from seed...

Hi Beanz,
that certainly looks like a producer......:eek: Looking forward to seeing the buds from your current grow, so I can compare with the CW.... Thanks for the pics... and dont forget to shout if you like.....;)

Hey cannatari,
I dont plan on keeping any males from this run.. I'm just going to see what the girls do I think.. but I still have 11 or 12 seeds left, so if all is well with this cross, I may have a play with the boys (so to speak :eek:)... Maybe a haze cross or two will be on the cards though.....

A tiny update:
3 CM and 1 CW are breaking the surface of the rock wool...:D

peace
BL

Hi Lord Siva,
Thanks for the wishes...:D

mr cheese,
Sounds like you should have tried shanti's widow first, seeing as it's his baby..;)LOL
I've never grown any white/black widow, but have smoked copious amounts of Black Market white widow.... most of it very strong, and white... where I come from, cuts do the rounds, and not many grow or select from seed...

Hi Beanz,
that certainly looks like a producer......:eek: Looking forward to seeing the buds from your current grow, so I can compare with the CW.... Thanks for the pics... and dont forget to shout if you like.....;)

Hey cannatari,
I dont plan on keeping any males from this run.. I'm just going to see what the girls do I think.. but I still have 11 or 12 seeds left, so if all is well with this cross, I may have a play with the boys (so to speak :eek:)... Maybe a haze cross or two will be on the cards though.....

A tiny update:
3 CM and 1 CW are breaking the surface of the rock wool...:D

peace
BL

Yeah, I've been meaning to start a journal at MNS but either way I'll post uptates here too. Those pics I posted were day 1 of week two flower. And I definitely be getting in thouch. Thanks again.

You lucky SOB !D

Congratulations Billy!

The idea of this hybrid crossed my mind in the past & I think it's absolutely awsome that you get this gift to unwrap before all of our eyes.
Very jealous of you & happy for you at the same time.
The medicinal effects along w/the trich production should overwhelm us all.
Sending you good vibes on this one, I hope she gives you a good run!
Take care, looking forward to catching up with this one later.

-SD

Hi Beanz, I'll be keeping my eye on your progress there, thanks agin..

Hey Smoke Dream, thanks for the good vibes man...

You too mtman, Seems to get the attention of a few here....:D

So after a week since planting the beans, all have germed, but a couple haven't broke the surface yet... So I've loosened up the rockwool a little to help em along...

so here's the CW:
DSCN2796.JPG

and the CM:
DSCN2797.JPG

peace
BL

I've never grown any white/black widow, but have smoked copious amounts of Black Market white widow

You won't be disappointed in any BW cross. They are among the strongest in my mother collection and many other strains pale in comparison.

Back