professorjj

One of my favorite MNS strains.

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture11910-heavy-pheno-%40-6wks.jpg

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture11909-heavy-pheno-%40-8wks.jpg

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture11888-beautiful.jpg

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture11889-little-rock.jpg

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture11890-cs-up-close.jpg

There are some gems in these genes.

Thanks guys, your comments are really appreciated. The purple pheno was really photogenic amongst it's other desireable attributes. Unfortunately it was rather prone to mould in our humid summer months. We still have to keep our numbers under 100 here. I wish I could have done it warehouse style with screens and many smaller plants but to put 40-50 in the same space I do six just starts putting my total count to high. The yeild numbers that you could pull would blow the OG crowd away. My last run I did just under 13 units from 6kW in 90 days. Its one of the best yeilders I have seen in my 20+ years. A really impressive but underrated strain.

What was the smell profile for these girls? I am after very sweet big yielders and I am going to grow at least 2 whole packs of these to check it out.

There is a variety of smells, all are pretty stinky. There are sweet fruity and sweet skunky among others. CS has big yields covered no problem.

I've stayed away from these bud monsters in the past but you've piqued my interest brah.

Cool runnin
M

Hey MrM good to hear from you brother. The thread that I posted in the Critical Skunk Strain section contains a heap more info about this strain. I may have just been really lucky to find so many gems in this line but it just keeps happening with mns. I really cant figure out why the CS seeds are so cheap. Perhaps SB will share with us one day. I highly recommend giving this a run, alot of old school skunky, fruity and berry flavours and more. Biggest problem is the overwhelming stench some of the girls put out. Another positive is you could beat an intruder to death with some of these colas.

LOL brah :D and yet another variety to try. After hanging out with these 10-16 weekers it might be a refreshing break. NH, NMH, MH, Cure have been very satisfying and electrifying too. I did pu some NL/Af at your suggestion. Plan to grow it alongside Ortega and if room is available, some Nordle too. A kid in a candy store comes to mind.

Cool runnin braddah
M

I'm super psyched to have these beans in my collection now! I had another pack arrive last week with my Widow, Med Man and Critical Skunk in it!!

Now I've got more strains than I can possibly grow.

I bought some of these seeds in the auction among others.
The problem I face is space to select phenos and girls even.
Working with a 4'x2'x5' tent is crazy, but you do you you have to if you want to grow your own.
This is why I usually grow from local club clones, but often the phenos or genetics they have are just average or even not that great. I have flowered Killawatt a few times and wasnt that impressed besides its yield.

I also wasnt sure about growing a high yielding strain expecting its all size and no quality. Thanks JJ for showing what she can do!
Ill pop 5-6 of these and hope I can find something nice!!

Last edited:
I saw someone post a few pics on another forum of plants finished under different spectrums.
Do you feel you have better results with terps and/or yield using both HPS and MH?

Most definitely Mr Bassman, full spectrum is the way to go. The beauty of starting from seeds is you get to see what works in your space. You also get a variety of aromas and flavours to choose your favorite expression from. This strain will work well in a small space because of the structure of the buds. Good luck

I too love the critical skunks....have been trying to post some pics but no success. Even when i resize to demanded specs. I am a stumped technopeasant with a "smartphone".
So i will describe the current standout.....2013 CS cleaning pack. 4 seeds planted 4 sprouted within 72 hours. 12/12....T5 light...day 23 one shows female....moved under cfl and into one gal pot. Cut one hour of light at day 40. Today is day 67. So 44 days from first visible calyx to an 11 inch tall mass of tight, beautifully stinky, almost pure flower. Taking up 8 X 8 inch space! Sheer beauty!
I managed to get a crappy pic into a new album but i have much better quality. Bud of the month for sure!Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Most definitely Mr Bassman, full spectrum is the way to go. The beauty of starting from seeds is you get to see what works in your space. You also get a variety of aromas and flavours to choose your favorite expression from. This strain will work well in a small space because of the structure of the buds. Good luck

I have a few BB strains going right now from seed, but ddnt keep any clones because I have no place to do that.
I live in a duplex (shared home) and the other side of house is the non cannabis friendly owner.
I already have 2 tents in my bedroom, and a clone/sexing area isnt available.
So far not really sure how to make good use of my space and still have solid weed production.
For this reason I usually use fem seeds, but they are almost as limited as club clones.
I also have trouble rooting clones, but I am going to double my efforts.

What other strains do you recommend? I have a few more seeds from MNS, and loads from other sources.

Why do you need a sexing area? Even with limited space you can grow the unsexed males and females together. Once you initiate flowering within the first week or so it should be obvious which are the males and they can be removed. This will have little impact on your production as you will have removed them prior to them taking up too much space. I would stick to the mns indica varieties to avoid space issues. G13xSk, Nordle, Nl5xAf, Critical Skunk, Critical Mass and Ortega are all good candidates as they are good producers with limited strech. Depending on numbers you could use the single cola method or if you intend on running lower numbers google nugbuckets mainline method. Hope this helps.

Hey Jerry Hatrick, if you resize them and keep the screen on your phone open you should have no issues uploading to one of your albums. To post the picture in a reply cut and paste the entire BB code at the bottom of the picture into your reply. Give it a go. I hate to miss out on peoples favorite pictures..

Back