Cost effective sources for for the inputs for making DIY organic fertilizers

MImedpatient

FPJ & FFJ, Garlic, and Ginger, sometimes cinnamon(expect old barely useful spice, but better than nothing): Talk to the grocery store produce manager, and ask if you can take the freshly turned and unsellable fruits, vegetables, lettuces, herbs, spices, potatoes, and spices, brown sugar, and molasses. tell them what you are doing, many of them also grow a garden, and would love to use these fertilizers too. But likely do not have the time to make them. dried herbs and spices go just as good in the OHN and FPJ recipes.

Molasses: buy big ole buckets of molasses made for animals. we aren't eating our fertilizer. our plants are. good enough for Ole Bessie and Bambi, Good enough For Cannabis Sativa var w/e.

alcohol: use the highest concentration you can find generally 75%, or save up and plan a trip to where you can buy 90% grain alcohol, and make the trip worth it and ride Like you have a trunk full of Moonshine. slow, steady, and playing 1920s style big band jazz.

composted chicken manure/blended compost starters, sometimes specialty blends like Dr earth: end of season and end of year clearance at the hardware stores, department stores, and garden centers. you can save up to 75% on these to add to the compost or worm bins, or even ferment if you wanted to. Always be planning next year's garden

I fully disagree w/ some in the natural farming community that we shouldn't sell these products after we make them. How are people who will not do DIY get on board? how can we justify not doing it if it helps us reduce the waste stream in our local communities. we should all make a company to sell fertilizer derived from the waste stream, and expand to incorporate more waste stream, create more jobs, and more profit. you know, we could all, then take those profits, and Make the world a better place.

alcohol: use the highest concentration you can find generally 75%, or save up and plan a trip to where you can buy 90% grain alcohol, and make the trip worth it and ride Like you have a trunk full of Moonshine. slow, steady, and playing 1920s style big band jazz.

Or just make your own like these brewshiners:

I fully disagree w/ some in the natural farming community that we shouldn't sell these products after we make them. How are people who will not do DIY get on board? how can we justify not doing it if it helps us reduce the waste stream in our local communities. we should all make a company to sell fertilizer derived from the waste stream, and expand to incorporate more waste stream, create more jobs, and more profit. you know, we could all, then take those profits, and Make the world a better place.

I fully agree. But since time is limited, I may start a fertilizer company when I retire :)

Or just make your own like these brewshiners:

I fully agree. But since time is limited, I may start a fertilizer company when I retire :)
so, pro tip. depending on a plants sugar and alcohol tolerance, you can pour that beer straight on it as fertilizer. same s with coca cola. 1 can per 5 gallons of water. Hillbilly flower gardening. when I was a kid, I had a bleeding heart bush. and as many know, it is an annual that reseeds each year so its a fake ass perennial. 1 can of coke every month, 1 can of beer every month, undiluted poured into the center of the bush, 2 weeks apart. so that it wasn't too much sugar too quickly. we separated this bush out every 2 years, and it always ended up taking up the same space within 2 years.
when we moved to where we live now, we took it with us. I just drove past my old house last week. it has been 17 years. the bush is still there. my neighbor currently has a part of it. we cleared out the front garden bed and mulched it over for reasons. I do not understand those reasons.

I forgot to mention another super wonderful thing to ask the dairy manager at the grocery store. check to see if the Kefir, probiotic yogurts, and Kombucha has past its sell by date, and hasn't been taken out of the fridge yet. you can work a deal to get those to add to your compost/fertilizer regimen.

the things that our our Symbiote's friends are also, the plant's Symbionts friends.

and expired beer. free amino acids, carbohydrates, and sugars.

I agree with you, sometimes is not the right time to DIY something so it would be great to have a possibility of a more responsible fertilizer.

I totally agree on using the profits to make the world a better place, it is doable, it is hard, but doable.

I agree with you, sometimes is not the right time to DIY something so it would be great to have a possibility of a more responsible fertilizer.

I totally agree on using the profits to make the world a better place, it is doable, it is hard, but doable.
anything worth doing, is worth doing. no matter the personal cost. I, do not believe in an afterlife. all I can do is work to make this world a better place. and encourage others to as well.

The Master Gardeners around here get first dibs on all Starbuck's coffee grounds.

🤙Mu

the local donut shop, the Tim Horton's around the corner, the Starbucks a corner away from that, the dunkin donuts on the way to the freeway, the dunkin donuts next to the freeway, the other local donut shop, the tim bhortons next to it, and the starbucks across the street in the plaza w/ the grocery store.

all within a mile from my house. what is a nitrogen deficiency? how many people have a coffee addiction? sounds like this is a 1st come 1st serve kind of material!!!!

I use these heavy duty 48” bins. I fill them with oak leaves and fresh alfalfa. I build it like a lasagna. Then I add organic dry nutes, coffee grounds, kitchen scraps and everything from my 100’ x 24’ garden. Plenty of red wigglers, garden worms and night crawlers. I live near the bay so I also dump kelp in there. Don’t even wash it.
watermelons and banana peels are worm favorites. I use boxes of “down to earth” fertilizers when I can afford them. Mix it up and dump it in. Sometimes it gets so hot I can feed them the Boston globe, cardboard boxes and clam shells.

I took a clone off a plant in April. Dipped it in clonex and stuck it in compost. Stayed tiny and went through reveg and veg and re veg and then Bam! Growing like crazy. I’m going to train it to stay low, hide the bins.
I have it’s sister clone on the other side!

Just testing, but this is one experiment seemed to go well.

Nice looking plant, BB! musashi had thrown some plants in a compost pile and they started growing, just posted up pics the other day. Thought maybe he gave you one? ;)
Thought it said Straight Outta Compton, that would be badass!
Longball

“
JADAM urges farmers to stop using sugar, molasses and market-bought microorganisms but instead start using water and leaf mold. Prepare a container,
add the ingredient, fill up with water and add a handful of leaf mold. That is it!
No more worries about C/N ratio, pH level, artificial heating, aerobic vs. anaer-
obic, good or bad microbes, aroma vs. odor, etc. The solution will cost nothing.
There will be minimum nutrient loss. It is easy and simple. Best of all, it works.
The indigenous microorganisms in the leaf mold will actively break down the
ingredient and turn it into an excellent liquid fertilizer. But there is one problem: the smell. We have been told constantly by the experts, the scientists and
their books that if things are going good there will be a good smell. Smell has
become the criterion for judging what is going well or wrong. What happens
after farmers follow the JADAM method? "ey try it out and soon detect an obnoxious odor. They are worried. “Something has gone horribly wrong!” Relax. It is only natural that leaf mold + water method smells. If it is ani-
mal-matter containing high nitrogen, the smell will be awful; wild grass and
plants are less-o%ensive. If you wish, you can add phyllite powder or charcoal
powder to prevent the fumes from permeating. But then I have to ask: why is
bad smell a problem? Since when did we accept a sweet smell as the criterion
for a good input? Our ancestors used human manure liquid fertilizer, food
waste liquid fertilizer, and green manure liquid fertilizer. They all stink. Our an-
cestors farmed with these scents for the past few thousand years. Smell was not
an issue. Those farmers even had the ability to judge the nitrogen content by
the smell and adjust the dosage accordingly. “

Last edited:
I even heard about people adding ammonia to their bittersalt. That extract is called “noekepoekesap” in Dutch, got discovered by accident after a guy cleaned his windows and it fell on the earth beneath. He noticed his flowers were doing better so got to experminate.

Have been giving my Amnesia 0 13 14 now for days and she has swollen fatter then my arm. At the beginning only hydro A and B which I kept lowering by upping pk 13/14.

If I had a garden I would be farming compostworms and create all kinds of organic material. If wormdung is achieved properly, you can use it as soil. But placing 1/3 of wormdung in your mixture is enough to get a good microculture going. Wormdung is full of good enzymes. Organic farmers can’t go without imho.

I have used a bit of ashes from the BBQ as well in the past and they did not respond bad at it. But it is hard to say it did any good.

Back