Cloning before preflower

Triplep

Hello, was wondering if anyone could share their knowledge on cloning. I have two questions. First if you are going to top your plants in veg, can you use the top of the plant and make a clone. My second question is can you take clones before pre-flowering takes place. Thanks for everyones time

Yes you can use tops from pruning indoors or out. You can also clone any time that you want, but it is better in my experience to clone before flowering.

if you want to conserve you mother for a lot of years you must take the top as the first clone and every time you make a new mother...take that first top as mother. After 10 or 15 years you can still have the clone of the top of the Original plant sprouted years before with the same force. It is not like taking clones from random part of a plant.

Yes you can clone before the plant show the sex with no problems.

always appreciate the info guys. I have heard people say that every once in a while its best to let your clone mothers get natural sunlight to help rejeuvanate (probably spelled incorectly) the plants health. Is there any truth to this?

when you grow indoor the surface of the Leaves of your plants don't have the natural wax that forms under the sun.

If you want to expose you mother to sun light do it when outside is as warmer as in your grow room, when the sun is not "strong" and for a moderate period of time(30 minutes-1 hour the first times).
After a week your plants can stay hours directly under the sun but trust me it is better to acclimate them to the sun light "step by step" or you will "burn" them.

to answer your question...in my opinion yes , it helps to have new growth when a mother clone is shitty and don't want to loose it...

It is important to respect minimum 15/16 hours of light or the mother clone will flower once left outside for 10 or 15 days... if you exspose the mothers in june..no need to control the hours of exsposure because there is Always more than 15 hours of light in june...

Back