CHURCH

PlantManBee

I think that maybe the biggest take away from that article posted by fish is the statement about variability in the make up due to environmental factors and applying it to our plants.

I am a firm believer that using the minimum amount of nutrients needed by the plant tends to give the "fullest expression" of terpenes.

Thanks for the thought provoking articles guys.

I think that maybe the biggest take away from that article posted by fish is the statement about variability in the make up due to environmental factors and applying it to our plants.

I am a firm believer that using the minimum amount of nutrients needed by the plant tends to give the "fullest expression" of terpenes.

Thanks for the thought provoking articles guys.
That’s been my experience as well if using nutes... low ppm frequent feedings seems best method

I have acquired pretty much every haze cut I was searching for. It’s bittersweet but i appreciate my journey.. will post pics here of the real deal.. it doesn’t get better than this. Hope u guys enjoy the pics.im a couple of weeks in flower so will start posting once buds start forming.. thank u and take care

longball

"CannaFish, I tried some seeds recently and lost all to damping off."

Hello Cannafish!

I have read 'damping off' as few times since I've joined this site. What does it mean? Sorry about the dumb question. Oh wait! There are no dumb questions, only dumb people asking questions! I always thought that saying was about me!
What is damping off? Seems to be killing things!

Longball

Growstone

Not the soil added, its the watering. Don’t overwater seedlings and they won’t dampen off. Let the roots grow searching for a drink. the stem doesn’t want your water, lol. It’s a prick when you got them in a pastic outside and come back week after rain to see spindly flat stems bending over.. dude on here cloned them to root, which impressed me. I can’t remember ever saving one, usually just crack more seed...

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Like @CannaFish, no problems for seedlings using ocean or frog. To minimize contaminants, I've gone back to dropping seeds directly into water. Whether using glasses of water or papertowels, the simplest way I've found to ameliorate this problem is to add 1 teaspoon bleach per cup of water. Used to use a fungicide, actinovate, but it got too expensive. Premoisten soil before seeding, set seed, then spray lightly to consolidate soil. I then leave them alone til I see cotyledons. @Growstone is right, don't overwater!

🤙
Mu

sensient

Interesting!
I'm a lover of the old haze myself.
I grew out the Afghan Haze years ago when it was first released as a limited edition.
I must say, it was one of the most interesting Haze hybrids I had grown in a long time.
The line offers some very interesting flavours and effects, differing from the fruity, sweet/ sour and cat pissy types commonly found in Haze hybrid lines.
It's definitely the place to start imo if your looking for more unique Haze types.
I have not tried the Latest grail ect offerings, however looking at the lineages, I would say there would be some pretty special specimens to be found that may be closer to what you are looking for.....
I really hope you find what your looking for guys, happy growing and hunting💚

Junglejim1212

These are from a dutch seller mate and ive not tried the piff so have no clue to be honest.
“Bandaid Haze ix 3.0 is bred by Doc D the lineage is Bandaid Haze #7 x (A5 Haze/Thai bx).
Bandaid Haze #7 is Doc D’s selection of Bohdi’s Cuban Black Haze x (A5 Haze x Thai) which most agree is better than the Cuban Black Haze. The lineage of the A5 Haze x Thai bx male used in the Bandaid Haze ix 3.0 is Bandaid Haze #7 x (A5 Haze/Thai)”

Ended up ordered it myself.

longball

[CannaFish, I learned from Musashi, he says he's stingy with soil."

Haha! Rumor has it that he has even admitted this on a public forum! Gotta love that guy!

Longball

ENGLISH

“Bandaid Haze ix 3.0 is bred by Doc D the lineage is Bandaid Haze #7 x (A5 Haze/Thai bx).
Bandaid Haze #7 is Doc D’s selection of Bohdi’s Cuban Black Haze x (A5 Haze x Thai) which most agree is better than the Cuban Black Haze. The lineage of the A5 Haze x Thai bx male used in the Bandaid Haze ix 3.0 is Bandaid Haze #7 x (A5 Haze/Thai)”

Ended up ordered it myself.
The thai part is alleged to be from one of the haze crew from nevs old seed.

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Hey Fish, did you get things sorted out yet? What did you decide?

Dilemma for sure. As we all know, to do it right, there is no fast way to accomplish this. You can’t cut corners. All plants need to be grown out to correctly ascertain their properties. This necessitates the cloning of all personalities. However, a less than perfect world requires agility and oftentimes, compromise.
Sounds like you have two objectives in mind; to find keepers and to generate seeds. Some questions and challenges immediately come to mind. These are my thoughts out loud and anyone is free to chime in with their own experience and tried techniques for handling these issues.
Finding keepers will necessitate cloning all or cloning a select (guessing based on morphology) few, which can be hit or miss. Typically, plants need to be of a certain size to secure viable cloning material. If you decide to reveg after harvest, you still should save most if not all plants until you do testing. Storage problems may occur as they will be larger and there is a chance they will not survive; sustaining a loss that may make the whole exercise futile. I prefer cloning in this instance. Cloning after sexing is an option but you are still not going to be able to determine the worth of the plant until reasonable maturity which brings us back to cloning all plants beforehand. I assume you will use the males for pollination? Having sexed plants go back to veg state has its own set of problems in terms of recuperation and recovery time.
Seeding has a different set of challenges IME. I prefer pollinating lower branches to accomplish this. Here again, plants need to be of a certain size to present with decent pollination sites on lower branches if you are planning on a selective (isolated) pollination in order to preserve the remaining seedless upper branches. I often bump into space limitations with plants needing to be larger. Of course pollination can occur wherever there are bud sites but why pollinate the topmost parts which are the most potent parts of the plant?
Personally faced with these same circumstances, I decided to do an open pollination. I determined that seed was a priority for my future projects. I accomplished the pollination by putting selected males in front of a fan at low level and low speed. Males were then eliminated and plants were sprayed after 24 hours to stop the process. Because of parentage, I am convinced that the future offspring will give me what I am looking for. I will accomplish my goal of harvesting a good amount of seed which will provide lots of opportunity in the future to do a broad search for worthy plants.
Not as scientific as I would like it to be but space and time are not in my favor and at risk of repeating RLS’s words, ”Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant -Robert Louis Stevenson

🤙
Mu

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Nice varieties brah! Typically, females have shown earliest for me. You could take the chance that the ones that don't show right away might be the males. Keep a couple of those based on your intuition for pollen...It is a simple matter to get rid of the male clones once they are identified in your growing stock. You are probably wanting to identify the early ones as there is a good chance they may be the earlier finishing ones. Not always the case but you get the gist. Isolating the males and growing them out is a sound idea because you never know, I found out that my earlier theory based on tall and sparse didn't hold water lol. Some ended up providing lots of pollen while others were very stingy. I was happy that I kept 6 of them. Good hunting!

Mu