CHURCH

How is everyone? I hope all of the mns community are doing well in these trying times. Stay safe and healthy before anything else....

now with that being said
Was wondering if anyone else looking for church phenos in haze has found it or gave up yet? I’ve grown damn near every haze on the market for the last 13+ years and I haven’t been able to find the church pheno period.not talking about popping a seed or 2 where talking multiple packs of whatever strain people said had church phenos. Yeah I’ve had slight incense but nothing considered a keeper just waisted money of stuff I never kept.ive found the cut but they want 10k+ for the cut and honestly it’s more for nostalgia than anything so 10k is a hell no..so I’ve tried nl5haze from here 2 packs at once.. good but not what I was looking for. I’m gonna run Swami 88nl5haze and I’m waiting for a few crosses of the a5 to make it here but If I don’t find any church phenos I’m done with haze and declaring the best dead. I’m aggravated with this I keep getting let down when it comes to haze... just wanted to vent and let it out...

Growstone

I haven't found what your after. I smelt it last year though.. burning couple garbage bags of leaf in backyard, backdoor open, came back into house and was taken aback 30 years with the smell.. not sure what that means as in terms of what we were smoking back then but it was a spinout and nostalgic..

Marcus_in_the_Darkus

I think you might be more likely to find it in long-flowering, haze-leaning F2s made from MNS offerings such as Neville's Haze, Mango Haze, Afghan Haze, or maybe in Shanti's new Holy Grail release. I found an 18-week Angel's Breathe F2 that I think smells churchy, leaves that awesome aroma of primo weed lingering in the room. Hard to compare aromas on the internet, so I guess it depends on what you're comparing to, which I assume in your case is Washington Heights haze. Never tried it myself.

Exactly bro yea I’ve heard in shanties f2s is where the gems really are.and Washington heights haze.ive even got a chance to smoke the haze s1 I want still not good enough it’s like a cruel joke lol.we will see the grow will be a5haze xs c5xs etc and also 88Nl5haze f6... if it’s j want the same church I remember or better.. if none of the females turn out and I’m expecting to run atleast 40-50 different pheno types of each strain of maybe church I’m done with all haze lol.. not sativas but it’s over forever.. go chase Asian , South American and African land races strains and call it day

I think you might be more likely to find it in long-flowering, haze-leaning F2s made from MNS offerings such as Neville's Haze, Mango Haze, Afghan Haze, or maybe in Shanti's new Holy Grail release. I found an 18-week Angel's Breathe F2 that I think smells churchy, leaves that awesome aroma of primo weed lingering in the room. Hard to compare aromas on the internet, so I guess it depends on what you're comparing to, which I assume in your case is Washington Heights haze. Never tried it myself.
I ran multiple packs of each steam u recommended outside of afghan haze but my bro ran her and she was cat pissy fruity... catpiss is nice but church pheno I want has slight cat piss slight spicy all frankincense leather soap terp lol

Dkeppel

This church pheno seems to drive people freaking crazy, I really hope you can find it before your driven insane and thrown into the padded room screaming " The church, the church!"

It's my understanding it comes from the Haze A ? Do we know which strain throws the most Haze A leaning phenos ? I'd like to find it myself and having never tried it, I'll be easy to please :D

This church pheno seems to drive people freaking crazy, I really hope you can find it before your driven insane and thrown into the padded room screaming " The church, the church!"

It's my understanding it comes from the Haze A ? Do we know which strain throws the most Haze A leaning phenos ? I'd like to find it myself and having never tried it, I'll be easy to please :D
I got beans from Swami organic seeds.... also the other stuff I’m gonna run is from a friend I’ve known for years he is on here. If he wants to reveal himself that’s his choice but for me I’m not say

Last edited:
welcome back sour power. good luck finding church.

You didn't find anything close in Mango haze? I've smelled frankincense smoke in a Mango Haze inbred from member PlantManBee and also his Lemoncello and simply irresistible. Maybe he just has the holy touch.
Grew out 3 packs of mango haze.. honestly I love mango haze but looking for Frankie’s without the fruit... some people find their grails while others don’t.. so far I’ve been of the type that can’t find their holy grail

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Aloha braddahs!

_nh#7b 3_23.jpg
Neville's Haze

"If you're down and confused
And you don't remember who you're talking to
Concentration slip away
Because your baby is so far away
Love the one you're with..."

Shaka
Mu

PlantManBee

Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence. My only advice is don't over-feed. ;)

BTW, I have what I consider a frankincense smelling SSH in flower right now, though I have not smoked any yet. Also, this one looks like a great yielding plant whereas the 3 fish mentioned are all incredibly low yielding... Maybe not the MHI so much, but both of the Sweet Skunk Xs don't yield much under a 10/14 lighting schedule. Might be better under a 12/12 I suppose.

Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence. My only advice is don't over-feed. ;)

BTW, I have what I consider a frankincense smelling SSH in flower right now, though I have not smoked any yet. Also, this one looks like a great yielding plant whereas the 3 fish mentioned are all incredibly low yielding... Maybe not the MHI so much, but both of the Sweet Skunk Xs don't yield much under a 10/14 lighting schedule. Might be better under a 12/12 I suppose.
I remember Sammy saying in a post that u loose on yield when it’s comes to altering the 12/12 light schedule.. he said to only use 15 mins dip in the light schedule and u get the benefit of yield and flower time... I personally have only done 12/12 and rocked out lol 😂..
Can’t wait to find something I really like... if this grows doesn’t give me the phenos I’m looking for haze chase over lol... gonna start looking at other sativas to see if I can find something better than what I remember.. new territory

Aloha braddahs!

View attachment 44956
Neville's Haze

"If you're down and confused
And you don't remember who you're talking to
Concentration slip away
Because your baby is so far away
Love the one you're with..."

Shaka
Mu
Ran 2 packs of her with some being close but missing the target.. if I would have better would have been happy as hell which is what I was expecting from all the hype but was let down in comparison to nyc haze... nyc haze is no slouch big on flavor/terp very frankincense, ammonia,basement...smells slight catpissy and can taste catpiss but very slight very close to gas but different... high is crazy

PlantManBee

The light/dark ratio

I don't recall Sammy saying much about yield and light ratio, but I will say that if you are dealing with a sativa or a predominantly sativa hybrid less than 12/12 will give you a better run. Yield MIGHT be less, but probably not with all the lost bud sights you either "top" or that can't fit under your lighting setup.

My setup is somewhat set, because I always have plants finishing and starting. I have settled on a 10/14 schedule because I almost always have sativa dominant plants. It's a compromise, but I strongly suggest trying something sub 12 hour days if you are doing hazes. Check out L33t's threads and grows. Generally stellar, and IIRC, he does like an 8/16 these days.

I don't recall Sammy saying much about yield and light ratio, but I will say that if you are dealing with a sativa or a predominantly sativa hybrid less than 12/12 will give you a better run. Yield MIGHT be less, but probably not with all the lost bud sights you either "top" or that can't fit under your lighting setup.

My setup is somewhat set, because I always have plants finishing and starting. I have settled on a 10/14 schedule because I almost always have sativa dominant plants. It's a compromise, but I strongly suggest trying something sub 12 hour days if you are doing hazes. Check out L33t's threads and grows. Generally stellar, and IIRC, he does like an 8/16 these days.
Yea I believe he posted it on icmag.. I could be wrong but I’m sure he posted it...
I never just run sativa so I don’t change lighting.. don’t mind going up to 16weeks anything longer truthfully I’m not interested....
Side note how long is the best cure for sativa that u have exp so far? I’ve never went over 30 days but I’m being told 6months or better is where sativas really shine..I was under the impression bud starts to degrade after 6months in jar but now I’m not so sure

Bandaid haze from docd supposed to produce good church.:D
I heard she is fire but was told bandaid haze#7 is the only pheno type to be recorded with mild church terps. All of the guys that grew up off of nyc haze says she is good but still not as good.. I personally never tried her but that was what was said to me regarding bandaid haze... I’m on the hunt though just popped a lot of seeds but this is the last hunt lol

Marcus_in_the_Darkus

Last year I did some googling, found a few scientific papers that had terpene analyses of frankincense, entered some data in a spreadsheet and created the chart you see below. Breeders seeking the Church can use it as a roadmap of sorts. I'm convinced that whatever it is we call piff had Colombian genetics because α-pinene is what gives piney aromas, and I get pine to varying degrees in the Colombian sativas I love to grow. The next most prevalent terpenes in frankincense, α- and β-amyrin, which together with α-pinene comprise almost 90% of frankincense terpenes. I have never seen α- and/or β-amyrin reported in a cannabis laboratory analytical report, and the only occurrence in cannabis I've read about was its detection in cannabis roots. It's a triterpene with a high boiling point so probably not very aromatic.

So if I want to breed cannabis for frankincense aromas, I would want to test and select for α-pinene.

Last year I did some googling, found a few scientific papers that had terpene analyses of frankincense, entered some data in a spreadsheet and created the chart you see below. Breeders seeking the Church can use it as a roadmap of sorts. I'm convinced that whatever it is we call piff had Colombian genetics because α-pinene is what gives piney aromas, and I get pine to varying degrees in the Colombian sativas I love to grow. The next most prevalent terpenes in frankincense, α- and β-amyrin, which together with α-pinene comprise almost 90% of frankincense terpenes. I have never seen α- and/or β-amyrin reported in a cannabis laboratory analytical report, and the only occurrence in cannabis I've read about was its detection in cannabis roots. It's a triterpene with a high boiling point so probably not very aromatic.

So if I want to breed cannabis for frankincense aromas, I would want to test and select for α-pinene.

Dope post bro.. do u know what strains carry a- pinene?