cbd Therapy

apache63

hello guys I like to know what is the strain starting the cbd therapy, do you know something oiu? you have already tried? thank you !

I smoke mostly Lebanese Red, a landrace strain. I started breeding some CBD x THC strains, got ahold of some Lebanese beans, and decided that there was no need to re-invent the wheel. Nice balance of CBD and THC. Some THC is better than no THC in my experience. Some CBD is also better than no CBD in my experience. CBD strains that I have bought at the local stores here in Oregon are all over the map in regard to CBD and THC content. Even for the same strain from the same grower. Similarly the same seed runs of high CBD hemp strains vary a lot. CBD is fickle and inconsistent in Cannabis, even in high CBD hemp strains.

I have lots of high CBD strains, some I grew and some I bought. Sour Tsunami, Therapy, Frank's Gift, Charlotte's Web, Canna Tsu, ACDC, Harle-Tsu, Harlequin, Ringo's Gift, etc etc. Some are 50/50 CBD/THC, some are almost all CBD and less than 0.5% THC. I also have pure CBD crystals that I get from Colorado. I use that infused in my own rendered hash oil for using with skin salves and the like. I use it on my hands, which have arthritis, and it works wonders. I also use it on my back and neck. THC in skin creams will not get you high, contrary to some beliefs. I also add CBD crystals to tone down hash oil that I make to smoke.

So far CBD is an inexact science, but the key to high CBD results in growing plants is either grow a lot of them and clone a plant that tests high in CBD, or grow like they do in Lebanon in large fields and mix the harvest so the cannabinoid results are evened out. Or buy pure CBD in crystal form.

I've grown Therapy outdoors in eastern Canada for a few years. It grows really well, looks and smells top notch. I was able to get half a pound per plant last try. Haven't tested them yet though.

As far as the genetics go, I have never heard tell of them. If nobody declares it here, you could always email Shanti and ask him personally

Last edited:
I smoke mostly Lebanese Red, a landrace strain. I started breeding some CBD x THC strains, got a hold of some Lebanese beans, and decided that there was no need to re-invent the wheel. Nice balance of CBD and THC.
That's interesting, Lebanese Red naturally has a good amount of CBD in it? Are there still still good sources for this strain?

That's interesting, Lebanese Red naturally has a good amount of CBD in it? Are there still still good sources for this strain?

Yes, Lebanese has a high amount of CBD, though it varies from plant to plant. Which is typical in all the CBD strains that I have grown and read about. There are several sources of regular Leb seeds, though some older sources are not available any more. RSC/Kwik has a newer release, but an older strain that they had is not available from them any more. Nor is the one from Blue Hemp, as BH is long gone now. There is also the Leb27 strain from Denmark. It has been worked to grow farther north of the 50th parallel, though I think Bekka Valley sourced landrace seeds would do fine at that latitude. They do fine here at the 45th w/o being worked or selectively bred. I have not grown Leb27 yet but I have seeds of it from several private sources in Europe. Ace has a Leb strain out, but it has been overworked IMO. Word is that their strain may have been sourced from Israel, and not Lebanon. They do have an interesting profile of the strain on their web site with the CBD to THC rations of 4 different plants that is interesting. You can see how the strain can vary in a 4 plant grow. If you do a Google search for Lebanese Red or Leb27 seeds you will get a list of these and other seed companies offering them. The ones I have grown were originally sourced from RSC circa 2000, and Blue Hemp in the 1990s. They are really early finishing plants, which is great in this crappy fall climate in Oregon. So early that rot is never an issue. Some plants are better than others. They throw two phenotypes, a thin short leaf 'sativa' and a narrow long leaf 'indica'. I prefer the sativa pheno, though it is rarer and produces smaller plants. The buds are more open like sativas in both types. They tend to be shorter plants, but in greenhouses with high heat they can easily stretch to 12 feet tall. They do not reek as a rule, and are more light floral in terpenes. They do not have an overpowering stone, though the hash that I make is quite potent from them. The buds are not acrid or harsh like Afghani can be. No need to make them into hash to mellow out the smoke, they smoke just fine after curing as buds. I make them into hash for condensing and for long term storage in the freezer. I leave them as hash powder and I do not press it. I do not see any need for that, and the powder is easier to burn in a pipe.

Last edited:
Thanks for all that Big Sur, I should be able to find something from there.

@Greazle3, it depends on the person, you have to try it for what ails you. And then maybe experiment blending with some THC strains if it doesn't work on it's own. Big Sur seems to have a lot of experience with CBD, as do many others here in the forum :)

Back