cbd potency

to make cbd available, yes... to simply intake cbd-a, no.... both have medicinal value.... best you go for a partial decarb to get both raw and neutral cannabinoids

No.

From what I know, if you are taking cannabis orally for medicinal purposes (i.e. dealing with pain etc.), then you don't want to decarb because you will need the maximum active compounds available.

When you decarb you process for example THC to THC-a (or something, sorry going by what I have memorized and that might not be entirely accurate).

The purpose is not to make compounds available but to get that "stone" effect that most people are after.

Again, as I am typing this I am becoming more and more sure I am mixing things up here or making mistakes.

Maybe just look on youtube for cheff butt (yes, that's his name).
Stumbled across him for his cannabutter recipe.
If you look at his "revised" cannabutter recipe, he will explain the whole decarbing or no decarbing thing.

But to summarize:
If you are doing it for medicine, don't decarb. If you are doing it for funsies, decarb.

Thanks for your replies.
Seems CBD-a (raw) is useful as an anti nausea agent, also it is tumor suppressing.
But I need to decarb it to use in a massage oil, or in butter.

to make cbd available, yes... to simply intake cbd-a, no.... both have medicinal value.... best you go for a partial decarb to get both raw and neutral cannabinoids

I agree with this. You may also want CBG and other cannabinoids for pain like CBC ad THCV.

THC-a and CBD-a are the acidic forms of THC and CBD. The acid forms are decarbed into non-acids when heat treating. Which forms are more effective depend on the type of pain that you have. You can also make cooking oils and skin creams with either decarbed or non-decarbed forms. You can easily dissolve Cannabnoids into oils at melting points well below 240 deg. F (decarb temp) in a double boiler. I use cannabis steeped coconut oil for cooking with. I also make a blends of shea butter, coconut oil, cocoa butter and bees wax with alcohol extracted hash oil dissolved in it to make a salve that will be absorbed by the skin and stay solid at room temps. It also smells great. You can use a blend of dry and fully cured bud to get the maximum spectrum of acidic forms and decarb forms of cannabinoids. They will all dissolve in these oils soaking fresh, dried or fully cured buds in them. You can also decarb the buds in the oven before soaking them in oil or ghee.

Last edited:
Back