CBD Outdoor Mix Triplets

Herbsman

Just wanted to share my experience of germinating the CBD Outdoor mix recently obtained from the auction. Looked like i had an extra seed, thanks Shanti, till i noticed one was slightly damaged, it had a kink ti it, and wasnt the right shape.

So i used the paper towl and plate method, which always works well for me. Soaked the tissue in filtered water, cling filmed the plates closed, placed on top of a cabinet in the conservatory, and checked next day 24 hrs later. All had popped. I resealed and left it for a further 2 days, as i like my seeds to sprout a little furry tail before i plunge them inch deep into the murky muddy abyss of a pot.

Now then, i felt lucky to have an extra seed, then hard done by that it was deformed and wouldn't crack properly on checking after 24 hours. Human nature eh!!! But what i found next,this morning, 3 days later is a pleasant surprise. I am happy to say that one seed produced triplets. I've never experienced this EVER! so the main sprout, a separate thin shoot with first cotyledons visible, albeit tiny, and another even thinner sprout.

The deformed seed i physically removed the shell casing, and planted this also. It was the smallest of the seeds, perhaps the most haze looking. I cross my fingers and pray that they all live. 3 for 1!!!so if they all survive, cant see no reason why not, i should have 8 CBD Outdoor Mix babies ready to brave the unpredictable London weather.

Peace

image50.jpg

image51.jpg

image52.jpg

Last edited:
So not the clearest of shots, but the last pic is the seperate thin shoot, call her trip2 and the other pic just about shows the lil shoot trip3.

Either triplets are more common than i know, or MNS forum members are justdown right not interested.

image53.jpg

Just noticed three cotyledons. So thats everything to the power of three. Interesting to say the least. Will watch these with interest.

Last edited:
Back