CBD Crew Therapy strain, Harvest timing?

Deach69

2022 COE Winner
Gday folks! The time is coming soon to harvest my first try at an all CBD strain, and I'm not sure at what point is optimal for harvest? Also, just how well should the buds be trimmed for harvest? In the end, I'll be making an oil extract with all of it, I believe, I cant see why it should be smoked. Any advice from anyone with experience in CBD only strains? Thanks :)

I'm just going to hijack an old thread that I started a while back, that went nowhere

messages_0(5).jpeg
These are in my top 3 best looking plants so far. Awesome structure, rock solid, and super yield. 4 of 5 will be going to an elderly couple making preventative medicine. I usually get a half pound to a quarter per, so one is enough for me. I've barely ever consumed it, just like to share the wealth if when needed, and keep some on hand.

growing medicine for others is quite wonderful. same w/ food. if we want to help our elders, and ourselves live longer, we must grow vegetables and share them. the only way we can save the world is to become create Islands of hope. and snacks.

growing medicine for others is quite wonderful. same w/ food. if we want to help our elders, and ourselves live longer, we must grow vegetables and share them. the only way we can save the world is to become create Islands of hope. and snacks.
I agree, share the wealth and show how easy it can be to DIY, whatever it may be

Just sayin, that I chopped the one Therapy plant that I grew for myself this year. She was guerilla grown, had to fend for herself and passed with flying colors. Been growing this strain for the past 4 years I believe, and she never disappoints. No mould, beat the bugs and likely went through a bit of drought. I'm sorry to say I didn't get any photos, next year.

As I mentioned in June, I sent 4 Therapy's to an elderly couple, and they did very well,on their third year growing the strain. Again, I'm kicking myself for not taking photos, they chopped theirs before I got the chance. Apparently they were massive, dark green and impressive structure.

Not much to report this year, my apologies. I rarely smoke it and can't say much about the CBD content, but if Shantibaba is behind it I have no doubt about it's integrity.

I had originally asked in my first post, if anyone knew when the optimal point for harvest may be for this strain, cloudy, amber trichs? Chime in anytime if you know anything about it.

….I had originally asked in my first post, if anyone knew when the optimal point for harvest may be for this strain, cloudy, amber trichs? Chime in anytime if you know anything about it…
Everyone has their optimum, their preferred sweet spot. I believe harvest times can vary according to strain and whether sativa or indica. As regards to your CBD question, I posed the question to Shanti, here is his reply:
“optimal is subjective but rule of thumb is when you think it is ready leave it a week longer...cut as a whole plant hang upside down for 3 weeks and then begin to cut off and cure flowers.....70% amber coloured resin is also a good barometer...Sb”

🤙mu

Everyone has their optimum, their preferred sweet spot. I believe harvest times can vary according to strain and whether sativa or indica. As regards to your CBD question, I posed the question to Shanti, here is his reply:
“optimal is subjective but rule of thumb is when you think it is ready leave it a week longer...cut as a whole plant hang upside down for 3 weeks and then begin to cut off and cure flowers.....70% amber coloured resin is also a good barometer...Sb”

🤙mu
Thanks for asking brother. I ask for the simple fact that I want to know when the CBD process is ready at it's earliest. I'm guessing fully cloudy would be that point

My report will be much better next year, Therapy makes wonderful outdoor photos. I think I will also grow extra to make a large amount of CBD hashish :)

Back