CBD Crew.SnS Widow...is it pretty stable in f2?

Polli Nation

I am looking at CBD Crew SnS Widow (mainly cause it isn't femmed).I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the stabililty of the f2s.I can't keep mother plants,so I will have to rely on f2's for seed down the road.Ordering is very difficult for me based on my location.I can have a friend in the US order,but I wouldn't presume that it would be ok time after time.I would like to try and fem a couple of these,but I understand that in feminizing plants,that the variability would be the same as f2's.In other words it would be hit or miss for high cbd f2's normally.

I have a friend on another board who is of the opinion that CBD Crew is pretty stable,but I could use some confirmation..or at least more input.

I actually have some f2's of another cbd strain,but it is unproven.I can work with those as time goes by,but right now I need something I can depend on.

Advice...experience anyone?

Thanks.

I'm sure how he bred it it's supposed to breed true for high CBD so I don't think it's F1 if it's an F1 from 1 high CBD and Widow then I don't think it will be stable in F2 but some higher and lower some perfect. If it's F3/4 or something it will be breed pretty easy but you want to test the parents first.

The problem with F2's is they have traits of the mother and father along with recessive traits now if he brought Widow CBD and another line x CBD too F4 then crossed together then the 1:1 should be fairly dominant. Just all depends how he did it but either way you should get a decent % of CBD plants. I plan to just polly mine with the Devil outdoors see what I get should be something nice my moms always smoking my good shit even though she has MS and claims the CBD works better but then smokes my favorites. lol

Thanks for the info bluntmassa.I figured that they would yield pretty true cbd plants in the f1 gen,but thought maybe someone had experience with the f2's.

unless it's stated as an IBL i doubt F2s would be consistent. BUT if you picked a seed mom that you knew had the desired CBD ratio, it's offspring would at least have the chance of being what you want. Like BM said, testing is needed to know for sure.

From my understanding they won’t breed true if you were to cross 1:1 CBD Widows. The cannabinoid producing mechanisms are controlled by co-dominance to a certain extent. Crossing plants that have 1:1 ratios you would likely see high THC plants, CBD/THC plants, and high CBD plants in the offspring.

From my understanding they won’t breed true if you were to cross 1:1 CBD Widows. The cannabinoid producing mechanisms are controlled by co-dominance to a certain extent. Crossing plants that have 1:1 ratios you would likely see high THC plants, CBD/THC plants, and high CBD plants in the offspring.

I think this statement is consistent with the observations and conclusions drawn by the scientists at GW.

Attachments

• The Inheritance of Chemical Phenotype.pdf
    177.9 KB · Views: 6
Back