Canberra Australia passes bill to legalise cannabis

pollies looking after themselves and their kids. Good on 'em...Hopefully other states say if it's good enough federally, business on, tax money...

It's a myth that Canberra is full of public servants & pollies mate. Parliament house is there but the pollies that work there fly in from interstate to rort the overnight stay pay. I

Last edited:
Might be a few older tradies moving there now, lol...I'm actually looking at what a house is worth there :) Hope this all drifts down through states. Don't hold much hope for mine though, Andrews seems to be on a crusade and the sheeple are'nt noticing. Feel of a police state, really noticed it lately. Although Melbournes dodgy at moment, homelessness is outta control. Not sure as I live a distance away but from this distance, looks like it has some meth issues . It has a need for changing cannabis laws..

Last edited:
Happy as to hear this news! It's only a matter of time now before other states follow suit. Spread like wildfire in the USA, i'm optimistic it will do the same if not better here :D

Well at least 2 of the seeds I germinate illegally will be harvested legally at the end of their life cycle.

Appears the Federal government was just pissing into the wind.
As the clock ticks down to the change in ALP laws, here's hoping Victoria moves forward with reform soon, also.

No reform appetite in Western Australia, unfortunately.
After a massive win in last state election, our labor govt here didn't even return to previous levels of decriminalisation.
It is seen as being soft on crime here.
South Australia, a begger state, could move also, as they would gain a lot from taxation and tourism.
But they are saddled with a pentecostalised LNP govt

Federal govt will most likely ignore ACT now.
The proposed laws are merely an alignment with social reality in that territory.
And if they make a big deal, it will turn the next federal election into a de-facto referendum on cannabis reform.

Unfortunately the head of the federal opposition is a devout catholic.
And with the loss of the last '*unlosable* election, the labor party may not wish too much radical reform.

Meanwhile NZ moves towards recreational use and open commercial sale.

Welcome to the legal club!

Thanks Amoril,
The new law is only a tiny step forward on the global scale but it's huge move forward for Australia even if state and commonwealth laws are clashing over it. Police haven't bothered about pot here for 25yrs since it was decriminalised unless your a commercial grower. My plants were illegal yday but legal today. It was only $100 fine for a few plants or 50g before.

Back