'Buy Now' Purchase Via International Bank Deposit - SO WHAT NOW??

Yourz Truly

Hey there my friends, how have we all been keeping?
I’ve tried to back track as comprehensively as possible in an attempt to find other threads discussing this topic but so far I'm yet to find anything about paying via bank deposit.

So I've paid for my 'Buy Now' purchase via bank deposit on the 10th October and immediately sent an e-mail to [email protected] to notify Simone/Shanti that I've paid for my purchase via international "telegraphic transfer" (as the banking institutions would have it).

I included all the necessary information in both the subject header and the e-mail itself. I sent the e-mail to both [email protected] & [email protected] and have yet to receive a reply from anyone at all!

As I understand it, a telegraphic transfer takes 2 business days to transfer the money between accounts and I'm not expecting anyone to be able confirm that the money reached them just yet but I did kind of expect some sort of reply by now to confirm that they're preparing my order for shipping or something like that.

I know that I'm probably coming across as highly impatient if you've read a couple of my previous posts but it's really more of a matter of being an obsessively organised person in a highly disorganised situation (for the time being) where I'm under pressure to make things happen in time for the grow/harvest to coincide with the quarterly power bill coming in plus kick off in time to put the remaining genetically less desirable females outside to veg out before the days shorten up on us and they start flowering!!

When should I expect to hear from someone about this??

It’s been about 4 days now as it is and I haven't heard back from anyone from MNS!

What do you guys think? Should I wait to hear ftom them or fire off another e-mail? ?

Last edited:
My experience (and that of others) calls for patience.

Have not heard of them ever stiffing someone or not coming through in the end.
But reports of waiting times of weeks and months are numerous.

Think of them treating auctions as a side-gig and more of a "for the community" program, not as an enterprise or business.

If you put it into that perspective, you can understand why it often takes so long for orders to be processed and emails to be answered.

Auctions never was for those under time pressure but for those who wait for good things and look for great deals.

Auctions never was for those under time pressure but for those who wait for good things and look for great deals.

Wow! That was fast of you Broseidon!!!

Yeah I've never used the auction prior to this.
I've always purchased my beans directly @ full catalogue price + €9 for postage & handling minus the 25% discount.

It's been about 2 years since I last ordered anything from here and I've ALWAYS remembered the admin being way more prompt with their replies to your messages! Generally speaking, within 12-24 hours.

Thanks for your reply mate..

I also was used to immediate emails after hitting pay button on other seed sites so I freaked a bit after first auction wins.
I almost used WU,but just sent payment instead.

Ive had many successful transactions and I always get auction win items within a month after I mail my payment in by letter.
I send direct pay and it takes about a week or two to get delivered then about two weeks later comes the package.
I don't use other places now.

Last edited:
I also was used to immediate emails after hitting pay button on other seed sites so I freaked a bit after first auction wins.
I almost used WU,but just sent payment instead.

Ive had many successful transactions and I always get auction win items within a month after I mail my payment in by letter.
I send direct pay and it takes about a week or two to get delivered then about two weeks later comes the package.
I don't use other places now.

Yeah well my mate and I discussed the pros and cons of paying via cash in the mail or bank transfer and despite not being awfully fond of leaving any kind of paper trail to the purchase with either of our names attached to it, we both felt that we didn’t have any recourse should the money "go missing" whilst in transit so we went with the bank transfer even though it attracts a fee of $30+ in order to preform an "International telegraphic transfer" as the banks would have it. Fuck me swinging, there's a fee for EVERYTHING these days!!

Plus I've also got my mate/partner twisting my nipples over when the order will be en route and all sorts of other questions such as did the money get sent to the right account, i.e. was there a clerical/administrative error at the bank etc, etc!!!

I'd just like to be able to give him some sort of answer as opposed to just saying "Trust me, be patient, it’s all good, I'll lrt you know when I know something more definite".

I must present as extremely impatient to the rest of you guys and I really don't mean to. I must admit patience has NEVER been my strong suit but my past experiences with buying from MNS have all been more than positive and have given me all the reason to not worry but this is my mate's first ever purchase from any seed co what so ever and he's sweating bullets atm.

My reassurances aren't really putting him at ease either

Last edited:
I've sent cash through the mail probably ten times now and have had no problems what so ever. I wrap the cash in a sheet of old fashioned typewriter carbon paper it's supposed to be x-ray proof (so they say). I've received all my packages and have always received the seeds I paid for with no mix-ups. Twice they included a gift with my order; a really cool Mr. Nice T-shirt one time, and a great big Mr. Nice scarf another time. They usually email me the tracking number when they mail my seeds, but not always. I think the key here is having lots of patience.

Payment Confirmed..

:eek:
I've sent cash through the mail probably ten times now and have had no problems what so ever. I wrap the cash in a sheet of old fashioned typewriter carbon paper it's supposed to be x-ray proof (so they say). I've received all my packages and have always received the seeds I paid for with no mix-ups. Twice they included a gift with my order; a really cool Mr. Nice T-shirt one time, and a great big Mr. Nice scarf another time. They usually email me the tracking number when they mail my seeds, but not always. I think the key here is having lots of patience.

Well I can gladly say that after 5 days of anxiously checking my inbox every 12 hours or so for a reply from administration I've finally had confirmation of my payment being received this morning.

Apparently I can expect delivery to Australia anywhere between 3 to 8 business days so I'm doing cartwheels as we speak. I can't wait to get these babies cracked and kicked off.

I'm thinking of starting a journal when we get under way. Ordered the NL5 x Afghan.

Thanks to all MNS for another awesome purchase.

Back