Bud growed from leave WTH??

Hey bro,thats a regular occurrence and i have seen it on a few plants ive grown over the years, not sure why it happens but i very much doubt it has anything to do with what you sprayed on your plants.Id say its more to do with genetics than anything else.

Hey bro,thats a regular occurrence and i have seen it on a few plants ive grown over the years, not sure why it happens but i very much doubt it has anything to do with what you sprayed on your plants.Id say its more to do with genetics than anything else.

well i growed over 300 plant and never experienced anything like it , i think you probably grow from seeds cause i grow only from clones but i made exption with this 1 and i tried seeds ...

As Mr A says it does occur from time to time.
I have seen it on 3 different varieties that I have grown in the last 20 years.
Nothing to get excited/stressed about.
Out of interest, what variety was it?

Last edited:
As Mr A says it does occur from time to time.
I have seen it on 3 different varieties that I have grown in the last 20 years.
Nothing to get excited/stressed about.
Out of interest, what variety was it?

i rly don't remember .( might be a white widow from sensi seeds

it is old photo from 2013 never have time to upload though

Last edited:
looks beautiful whatever the genetic mutation may be. I notice 2 central veins on the same blade, on the fan that the bud is growing on.

Nice grow. Buds look healthy and strong.

I grew a big bud pheno from 97-99 that did exactly the same but I gave out clones to a few mates and some got buds growing on the leaf and some didnt. Cannabis Chinensis has a similar trait too but the bud grows half way along the leaf stem.

I have had a few like that it happens the more seeds you grow the more you see it I've even had twins and one that grew no bud sights just leaves lol, the rabbits liked it.:D

I'm thinking genetic drifting. Clone of a clone? :)
chris420
There are some of the best growers in the world on this forum, Please do not speak such folly as "genetic drifting. Clone of a clone". This is nothing but an excuse for bad growing, this does not exist. Without radiation or chemicals the DNA does not change.
MM11

First I have even heard of this one. I grow about 250+ ladies every spring & summer, never saw this before.

The plant in the YT video was a very nice one! Heck with the leaf bud :p I was checking out all the other buds on that bodacious lady!

mM

I grew a strain from San Antonio that does this as normal. Even made seeds w the bud in fan leaves. Gotta dig those out n try them sometime. Chinensis grows them at fan junction too IME.

YJ

Back