Brand new here. Bought some seeds and want to know how to store long term

How are you growing anyway bro?

Soil, hydro or some new crazy method?
When it's legal to grow I'll probably have just throw a couple in the ground outside, and maybe eventually try and indoor setup, but I need a lot more knowledge about growing before trying that route, otherwise I'll just be overwhelming myself and setting myself up for failure because I currently have virtually zero experience about growing cannabis. Have a few years to learn though

The z7 seeds are already pretty old and if you are only getting a 5 pack and are going to wait a few years for legalization.... you might be setting yourself up for failure.
freezer will work, just take the advice given to store them dry inside a container, put that container in another sealed container. Extra dry the rice in the oven before using.

Bummer.

Pretty much just my luck that the one strain that helps me seems to be dying out. Is what it is I guess

When it's legal to grow I'll probably have just throw a couple in the ground outside, and maybe eventually try and indoor setup, but I need a lot more knowledge about growing before trying that route, otherwise I'll just be overwhelming myself and setting myself up for failure because I currently have virtually zero experience about growing cannabis. Have a few years to learn though

Duuude it's a weed. People fuck up by over complication.
Basic in soil is pretty fool proof.
But that said if you are permitted may aswel go for yield with Coco.
The best big of advise you will hear often is Kiss. "Keep it simple stupid"
I run both hydro and semi organic soil depends on my mood and strain. Flavour is better in soil. Law status (no comment)

You should have plenty of people who have knowledge here. Both sides of the fence hydro and soil.

I can't use high THC at all. At times I can barely even handle the THC in hempflower, which is usually around 1% total THC

Have you looked at the newest Ghandi? Said to be legally stable at 0.3 (grow it as hemp in some states)

I run both hydro and semi organic soil depends on my mood and strain. Flavour is better in soil. Law status (no comment)

You should have plenty of people who have knowledge here. Both sides of the fence hydro and soil.

Haha fair enough. I'm pretty new to cannabis in general too. I've just seen people mention "PH this", "Worm soil that", "Get this kind of tent", "do this, that, and the other thing" and it all looked complicated as hell. Figured outdoor was as simple as chucking the fuckers in the dirt, watering them as needed, and calling it a day. But again, don't really know.

All I know at this point is when I am able to grow I want to be able to sustain myself with the flower (Specifically Remedy) I need, so I'm just trying to stock up on seeds and store then long term until I can grow

Amen, preach it wisp, preach it.

Have you looked at the newest Ghandi? Said to be legally stable at 0.3 (grow it as hemp in some states)

I have not. I just know I've tried a lot of high CBD, low THC strains with virtually zero success. Either it does nothing for me, or can even trigger my mental problems at times.

Remedy has been one of the only strains to help me (Although I did have a very bad reaction to a batch, but I think I must have gotten a high THC nug or something)

I wasn't trying to poo poo on your remedy hopes. i just think that remedy is an unstable hybrid that tries to produce 1:1 thc:cbd flowers. Some phenotypes will have all thc and no cbd and vice versa. Selection is paramount in this line.

I think they were made around 2012 or so. So in 4 years, they will already be 13 years old. I think you will have a small chance of finding the right chemotype with (5) 13 year old seeds.

Shantibaba makes several new cbd:thc seeds that you might be even happier with. he did stop making z7 for a reason.

Hemp is basically legal or decriminalized everywhere so I wouldn't worry too much about a small grow. It's your right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." -side note... that's not legally binding lol.

I wasn't trying to poo poo on your remedy hopes. i just think that remedy is an unstable hybrid that tries to produce 1:1 thc:cbd flowers. Some phenotypes will have all thc and no cbd and vice versa. Selection is paramount in this line.

I think they were made around 2012 or so. So in 4 years, they will already be 13 years old. I think you will have a small chance of finding the right chemotype with (5) 13 year old seeds.

Shantibaba makes several new cbd:thc seeds that you might be even happier with. he did stop making z7 for a reason.

Hemp is basically legal or decriminalized everywhere so I wouldn't worry too much about a small grow. It's your right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." -side note... that's not legally binding lol.
No worries. I appreciate the info. I do wonder why they stopped focusing on it. Seemed to have very positive reviews from people over the years. I don't know what it was about that strain that worked so well for me, but it does. And I'm specifically taking about the super low THC versions. No other low THC strain has done much of anything for me (I've tried a lot of flower from a lot of different hempflower vendors), which is why I'm not too hopefully I'll find anything as effective as Remedy, hence why I'm so stuck on Remedy. The terpene profile wasn't anything unique, and the CBD to THC ratio wasn't even that unique compared to most other hemp strains. Something about it just agreed with my body like no other hempflower has. I've met a couple other people who feel the same way. Just weird. Something about that strain....

Haha fair enough. I'm pretty new to cannabis in general too. I've just seen people mention "PH this", "Worm soil that", "Get this kind of tent", "do this, that, and the other thing" and it all looked complicated as hell. Figured outdoor was as simple as chucking the fuckers in the dirt, watering them as needed, and calling it a day. But again, don't really know.

All I know at this point is when I am able to grow I want to be able to sustain myself with the flower (Specifically Remedy) I need, so I'm just trying to stock up on seeds and store then long term until I can grow
easiest thing you can do, to learn w/o growing cannabis, is to grow peppers and tomatoes. they need similar levels of nutrition to cannabis, and bell peppers and tomatoes let you know real quick if you need to up the dose of fertilizer or pot size.

Don't let it seem intimidating. the fancy words and over complex sounding shit is just people being bad w/ words.

Do you wanna grow soil, peat moss w/ bottled synthetic fertilizer, or hydroponics? do you want to grow indoor or out?

The DIY fertilizers I advocate people make only seem complex, but if you have made pickles, its basically making pickles with fruits and plants.

The DIY soil recipe I recommend can be made as easily as mixing peat(or coco) with an equal volume of perlite and an equal part compost. 1/3 each total volume. Mel's Mix, from the SFG gardening Book. you don't technically have to find multiple sources of compost like he advocates.

The Aerated compost tea I like to make is as simple or complex as you want to make it. from potting soil in a nylon all the way to all the meals from the grow store and fancy cow manure compost.

I do not even pay attention to PH as an organic gardener, except when making and storing homemade ferment fertilizers.

The synthetic fertilizers I recommend are powdered(literally any powdered fertilizer instead of liquid whenever possible), and more cost effective than liquid fertilizers. brand doesn't matter, everyone is having success with them that I Talk to. from Jack's and master blend to the Veg Bloom and NPK industries RAW line, to floraflex, even using the General Hydroponics or Fox farm powdered fertilizer can save lots of money compared to buying liquid fertilizer.

Don't fear PH. its just chemistry games in a bucket. you DO NOT need a meter when you start, the strips from the grow store are good enough, just get it to the color that indicates 5.5-6.0 on the paper. it takes a few minutes of stirring after adding ph adjusting chemicals for it to be ready for a second check.

the guy from build a soil is doing a learn to grow series for cannabis.

easiest thing you can do, to learn w/o growing cannabis, is to grow peppers and tomatoes. they need similar levels of nutrition to cannabis, and bell peppers and tomatoes let you know real quick if you need to up the dose of fertilizer or pot size.

Don't let it seem intimidating. the fancy words and over complex sounding shit is just people being bad w/ words.

Do you wanna grow soil, peat moss w/ bottled synthetic fertilizer, or hydroponics? do you want to grow indoor or out?

The DIY fertilizers I advocate people make only seem complex, but if you have made pickles, its basically making pickles with fruits and plants.

The DIY soil recipe I recommend can be made as easily as mixing peat(or coco) with an equal volume of perlite and an equal part compost. 1/3 each total volume. Mel's Mix, from the SFG gardening Book. you don't technically have to find multiple sources of compost like he advocates.

The Aerated compost tea I like to make is as simple or complex as you want to make it. from potting soil in a nylon all the way to all the meals from the grow store and fancy cow manure compost.

I do not even pay attention to PH as an organic gardener, except when making and storing homemade ferment fertilizers.

The synthetic fertilizers I recommend are powdered(literally any powdered fertilizer instead of liquid whenever possible), and more cost effective than liquid fertilizers. brand doesn't matter, everyone is having success with them that I Talk to. from Jack's and master blend to the Veg Bloom and NPK industries RAW line, to floraflex, even using the General Hydroponics or Fox farm powdered fertilizer can save lots of money compared to buying liquid fertilizer.

Don't fear PH. its just chemistry games in a bucket. you DO NOT need a meter when you start, the strips from the grow store are good enough, just get it to the color that indicates 5.5-6.0 on the paper. it takes a few minutes of stirring after adding ph adjusting chemicals for it to be ready for a second check.

Do you buffer the Coco to avoid mg locks?

Thank you for the info

Yeah first timers on soil should not worry about ph. Soil is most of the time the right ph which buffers the water.

Best grow I ever had was 4x30L compo sana, regular tapwater and haze. People said they were difficult but I did nothing at all lol.

But you can indeed start with peppers or tomatos. If outdoor you get to learn about pest control. But really it is about learning the basics and then practice will make perfect.

I grow for over a decade now and still learning humble on this forum. Best advice I ever gotten: less is more.

Peace and remember winter is coming

Last edited:
It seems that CBD Crew was the outgrowth of the first CBD combinations. IMO, CBD Crew brought stability and uniformity. There is much data showing advantages of the entourage effect and initially would have recommended CBD Nordle as the "step-up" from Z7. However, as you have mentioned, you cannot tolerate THC. With that in mind, I would certainly consider CBD Gandhi as @wisp suggested or you could beg some seed from that hoarder @CannaFish lol. In the meantime, books by Frank and Cervantes can answer many questions.

🤙Mu

Back