Black Widow Diary

Old Grower

Hello all, :)

I have grown alot of strains over the years and the time has come for me to grow out MN Black Widow and thought i would share my diary with you all on this wonderful strain. Thank you Shantibaba for this fantastic strain. :cool:

So to kick things off i started germing my seeds (paper towel method) on the 26th of September and out of ten seeds 9 popped within 12 hours and they have been growing so fast infact faster than any other strain i have grown before. :cool:

I then planted all 9 into plagron light mix on 27th September and put on lighting schedule 18/6 for two weeks in my clone tent with 125watt Envirolight.

Here is a picture of the plants i took on the 10th October after repotting them into Westland soil with added John Innes (i added perlight ratio 30%) and they are now in there new home my mother tent (250watt Envirolight) as i am hoping for a great mum or if the female/male ratio is high then i can flower off (flower tent 600watt Dual spec) 6 females and keep a mother for clones later >>

Attachments

• IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    621.2 KB · Views: 79
Hi Barnflowers, :)

Thank you very much for the kind welcome and i sure hope you enjoy this show mate. :)

I will aim to update this diary atleast once a week. :cool:

I had to water the Black Widow plants tonight and i was so pleased with there growth i had to take some more pictures and share with you >>

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    631.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    779.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Well thank you very much indeed the bro. :cool:

This should be a great diary with these smashing plants and i really can not wait until i can write a smoke report on these little gems. :)

I smoked White Widow a few years back and it was the best smoke i have ever had and i have toked a fair few different strains over the years. So this is why Black Widow was on my list of to do's. :)

So far these plants are a real pleasure to grow. :cool:

Hi OG,
I've just finished my first BW run and it was just amazing! I think you will love both how the plant grows and how it smokes, shows strong character this one ;)
Wish you the best experience with this godlike strain, keep us posted!

P.S. I found her to be very sensitive, more than twice as sensitive as other strains I had, but damn it she was worth every bit of it!

How rude of me... - welcome!
I too was amazed by the vigour of this strain, but I thought that once I clone them they'll slow down, I'm so happy I was wrong! :D
Clones rooted twice faster than my OG and BC and outgrew them accordingly.
Depending on how long you'll veg them, you might have a monster in the closet my friend ;)
Best of luck!

Hi OG,
I've just finished my first BW run and it was just amazing! I think you will love both how the plant grows and how it smokes, shows strong character this one ;)
Wish you the best experience with this godlike strain, keep us posted!

P.S. I found her to be very sensitive, more than twice as sensitive as other strains I had, but damn it she was worth every bit of it!

Thank you very much for that info Jaunius, now i really can not wait to try her out. :)

I am defo loving growing out BW as it grows so fast and uniformed. :cool:

How rude of me... - welcome!
I too was amazed by the vigour of this strain, but I thought that once I clone them they'll slow down, I'm so happy I was wrong! :D
Clones rooted twice faster than my OG and BC and outgrew them accordingly.
Depending on how long you'll veg them, you might have a monster in the closet my friend ;)
Best of luck!

Lol, no worries Jaunius. :)

Thank you for the welcome and info it is very much appreciated mate. :cool:

Hehe, i must admit the speed they are growing is amazing me to be honest, so i can only guess the cloning will be madness.... :eek: :D

I will post some more pictures tomorrow night with an update. :cool:

Thank you again for your freindly welcome jaunius. :cool:

I hope you enjoy the show. :)

I had to water the Black Widow's tonight so i took some pictures for the update. :cool:

If you look carerful at the two plants (from the front middle and plant behind that one) in the close ups and taken from the plants sides you can see a red trait coming on the main stems, only two plants seem to have this so far >>

3 weeks old on friday :

Attachments

• IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0475.jpg
    IMG_0475.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
So as you can see the plant's are flying along nicely. So i will be topping them all over the next few days to bush them out more and to speed them up even more. :eek: :cool: :D

Topping them will also give me some more time as far as height goes. ;)

I had to move the plant's around abit tonight as they where starting to over lap alittle. :)

Thank you for following my thread. :cool:

Looking nice OG! Topping helps but it looks like you are going to have your hands full! I have read that red stems can be a trait or it can be a warning sign pointing to nutrient issues.

Hi arpege,

Thank you for the kind words mate. :)

I know red stems can mean a problem with nutes but i out ruled that as they are all in the same soil and it's only a week old so highly unlikely. Thank you for the feedback though. :)

So I am thinking more of a trait. :)

As for topping i will be rooting out any males over the next week or so and then I will rearrange them all down lower on the floor and space them out more. It will no doubt be a squeeze in there until I know how many females I may get.

Thanks for posting and following my diary. :)

Edit: I just thought I would add that these plants come from seeds I bought 2 years ago. Kept in a cool dark cupboard. ;)

Last edited:
Hi OG,

Looking great! I think they'll explode in a week or two ;)
Afaik, BW loves transplants, it roots extremely quickly, but there's a problem with it - she sucks too much out of the soil too fast when transplanted at any point, so the first few weeks of transplantation it can easily show signs of nutrient "poisoning", but that's my experience, your soil might be completely different and they may not react the same, so it doesn't apply as anything I suppose :D My plants were petite over-eaters.
I grow in already rich soil and transplant clones once, seed twice. So I don't need to feed them for 2 months out of 5(I veg and flower at the same time, so I veg all trees for 2 months, easier in my situation).
Anyway, yours are looking just perfect, wish I could share my girls too - I need a camera damn it :/

Hi Jaunius,

Thank you very much for the kind words and also the first hand info it is very much appreciated. :)

I would say that they grow so fast and that is maybe why they eat like no tomorrow each repot. lol :eek: :D

They really are a pure pleasure to grow! :cool:

Thanks again mate for following my diary. :)

Ahoya brother OG

Black Widow sounds CRAZY!!!!!!

im sticking around for this one for sure. I am doing a Blue Widow this season along side Querkell.

Best of luck man

Love and Light

SP

Back