Bigreds Early skunk x haze first grow

B

Bigred85

So I thought I'd do a grow diary of my first grow.

Ordered a pack of Early skunk back in December, planted 9 seeds on 13th Feb, all sprouted. Actually got 2 sets of twins, so in effect I had 11 seedlings.

Due to some personal stuff, I got off to a very rocky start. Plants were rootbound in their first pots, where they stayed for four weeks. They were also being watered with tap water at PH 8.4, not very good for them also. Plus when I got kicked out of the Red household, they were in darkness for three days.

When I got the keys to my new digs, I immediately got them re-potted into 11 litre pots, and they are in Plagron royalty mix, so no need for any nutes except for some Hesi super Vit and Powerzyme.

There they stayed for another few weeks under a 600 watt bulb. I put the wrong bulb in for a week, but since then they have been basking under a Mh.

Started seeing pre-flowers just over a fortnight ago, waited until a week ago and pulled all the male looking ones. So I was left with 4 ladies. Topped and trimmed and repotted them into 18 litre pots, was going to veg them another couple of weeks, looking to get a good few cuts to run outdoors.

Then while I over gathering some more of my belongings from Mrs Red, I remembered to get my seeds from the fridge, and there it was. Early Pearl Skunk x Haze. But I ordered Early Skunk. Right what to do now? Thats the outdoor project out the window, they would never get close to finishing here.

So on the 1st April they got flipped to 12/12, I'm keeping the Mh on them for the first couple of weeks to try to keep the stretch limited. Still not fed them, will wait until I see signs that they are hungry.

Time for pictures, and any advice will be greatly appreciated, Thank you for your time.

That was the scene when they were re-potted, was actually going to ditch them but thought I'd give them some time and see if they recovered.

Early_Skunk_Haze.JPG

That was a week after re-pot, so I guess it was a good idea to keep going.

One of the twins was male and the other was female. Unfortunately one of the female twins didn't make it after I separated them, the other was a runt and it was going to get binned also.
Early_Skunk_xHaze_015.JPG

Glad I kept it, as it has got to be my favourite out of all the plants, it's stalk is so sturdy and the nodes are nice and tight, although it does look very different to the others with its broad leaf structure, Indica leaning maybe.
Early_Skunk_xHaze_014.JPG

Some pictures of the others;
Early_Skunk_xHaze_012.JPG

Early_Skunk_xHaze_006.JPG

Early_Skunk_xHaze_015.JPG

Last edited:
Now that they have been flipped, their reaching for the light, and bud sites are really starting to appear.
ESH_4_days_into_flower_014.JPG

ESH_4_days_into_flower_009.JPG

ESH_4_days_into_flower_006.JPG

ESH_4_days_into_flower_003.JPG

ESH_4_days_into_flower_001.JPG

ESH_4_days_into_flower_004.JPG

ESH_4_days_into_flower_008.JPG

lookin nice, red.. always a treat to see a 1st grow! thanks for sharin. let's hope it's love at 1st grow, eh?! cheers matey! . .. .jj

Thanks for stoppin by friend, hope I can do them justice. Can't believe how forgiving they have been to me after all my efforts trying to kill them.
I'm enjoying reading about your queens, I've hung with a few queens myself,lol.
"Keep her lit" buddy;)

Cheers BR

"Ay Up" Herb, thanks for stopping by. Hope all is well, tough little buggers these ones mate.;)
Got to Thank the Head Honcho Shanti for the quality of the product. Planted 9 got 11, now you can't say fairer than that.
If it goes tits up from here there is only one person to blame. Nick Clegg,lol

Cheers Br

hey red... funny u should say that about hangin with queens.. ur the 1st person to acknowledge the sexual word play.. yes it was intentional. (kinda feels lik ther should b a prize for that. lol..) 'come as u are', i say!! cheers bud! .. ..jj

It was supposed to be an Early Skunk grow, but seven weeks into it, I noticed the pack said Early Pearl Skunk x Haze.
Thought I would have been dissapointed but how could I. They are a pleasure to grow.
I will get some more pics up when I get in, in the morning.

Cheers BR:D

Plant 4

0139.JPG

0147.JPG

0155.JPG

Plants are coming along nicely for just a week of 12/12.
Looking forward to seeing what changes the plants go through over the next few weeks.

Thanks to anyone looking in and if you see anything that I'm doing wrong, don't be shy and let me know.

Cheers BR:)

nice

hey bud. they're lookin real nice to me so far.. did u take cuttings of each to ensure their perpetuation, or is that not of a concern? either way, looks like a good time is being had by all!! i keep checkin in.. cheers, red. .. .jj

Mate, thanks for asking. I was going to take quite a few cuts (thinking I had Early Skunk) for outdoors. But when I realised it was a haze, I knew there was no chance in hell of getting them to finish in my climate.

But after seeing how well their doing, even with my noobish gardening skills, I wish I had have taken a couple off each plant. Just so as I can get another indoor grow done with some uniformity and earlier finish.

What do you think ? Is it too late ? They have had 8 days of 12/12, but have all their flower clusters already forming, some even have pistols shooting out .

As ever, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers BR:p

Mate, thanks for asking. I was going to take quite a few cuts (thinking I had Early Skunk) for outdoors. But when I realised it was a haze, I knew there was no chance in hell of getting them to finish in my climate.

But after seeing how well their doing, even with my noobish gardening skills, I wish I had have taken a couple off each plant. Just so as I can get another indoor grow done with some uniformity and earlier finish.

What do you think ? Is it too late ? They have had 8 days of 12/12, but have all their flower clusters already forming, some even have pistols shooting out .

As ever, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers BR:p

It's Neva 2late 2clone.

It's Neva 2late 2clone.

Cheers for that Fresh, I'll get on it when lights come on tonight. So even though the clusters are forming, the clones should revert back to veg ?

I'll give it a go, see what happens. Thanks:)

Cheers BR

hell yes, take some cuts. 8 days of flowering ain't shit but when they start showing baby buds, your work is cut out for you. lol.

amazing how those little ones snapped back. i have mums look like that, waiting the winter out and i don't want any growth. some fresh food/good light and they're smiling again. that youngster that is squat with fat leaves could well be a gem? especially in a haze hyb, but then i'm learning too as for a long time i was told no outdoor hazes where i live at 41 degrees. this is no longer a true statement, but you have to find the proper fit. peace-biteme

Back