Bigreds Early skunk x haze first grow

Time for my weekly update, time's flying by.

So I'm now at 24 days since flipping, the girls are recovering from their stress of last week. Quite a few leaves have yellowed but the repair work has been very impressive.

They have stopped growing upwards, and are now beginning to fatten up. They are standing at 32" 32" 29" and 25". Didn't stretch too much, possibly could have had another week or two veg time. Will take that on board for next time.

Trichs' are really starting to show now:), I can't believe there is still another seven weeks to go. If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd very grateful.

OK picture time.
Plant 1

I've definately learned a valuable lesson this week. Don't try to be a gardener when your pissed. I broke branches on three plants the other night when I was rat arsed. I have them bandaged up, will see if they can recover.
What a tool :eek:

haha.. right u r.. i remember about a year ago, i tried tying up some branches just as some acid was kickin in.. during the 'rushing' stage of the trip.. after a couple of minutes i gave up, looked at my mate, laughin loudly i said," it's no good, i can't figure which way is up!?" lol.

tho learnig to reapair broken branches is important, so it's still a win....
lookin fan-freakin-tastic, Red.. cheers! . .. .jj

Last edited:
Cheers JJ, well after reading up on how the plant uses the surrounding fan leaves to help repair itself, I have inadvertently let a Mag defeciency get a bit more advanced than I would have liked. Oops!
I have checked the run off, 6.8. And it might propably also have a nitrogen def too, I realised I should have used some veg nutes to balance out the stretch.
So last night I gave them a dose of Epsom salts, will continue for a few days to see whats what. Pictures will follow tomorrow, with a more detailed report.

Cheers for stopping by mate.
BR:(

Ok so as I mentioned in my previous post, I think I have a few problems. If anyone watching in has any ideas I would be more than grateful. I have been using this grow as a learning curve, and it's been great. I started out with no knowledge or experience, so everything I am learning will hopefully be used to better effect for my next try.
I expect if this doesn't get sorted quickly then I'll have to chop a lot earlier than anticipated.
Plant 1
32_days_flower_001.JPG

Plant 2
32_days_flower_004.JPG

Plant 3
32_days_flower_006.JPG

Plant 4
32_days_flower_012.JPG

As you can see, there is a lot of yellowing, followed by necrotic spots, then full on wilting and finally completely dying leaves.
I'm giving them Epsom salts, but when I checked them earlier, it seems to have gotten worse:(

That being said, the plants are definately a lot earlier finishers than I have presumed, look at the trich's and pistils.

Now I'm really confused about what strain I'm actually growing. I have been using Amathystbuddah's grow diary all through as a reference point,http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/early-skunk-haze/3840-early-pearl-skunk-haze.html, but his plants look different to mine, far more sativa influence in his.
this is his at 31 days 12/12.
And this is mine at day 32,
32_days_flower_012.JPG

So with this in mind I started looking at other grow to see if there was someone else's which more resembled mine. Thats where JKP's Early Haze thread from a couple of years ago came into it, http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/attachme...finishing-outdoor-early-haze-indoors-2009.jpg.
Does mine not look far more like Joes' than Amathystbuddah, if so how long does mine take to finish, since there is no Early Haze on the strain guide, so I'm really confused, can anyone help, please.

Thanks BR

Last edited:
have u been flushing the medium regularly? i'd give it a good flush followed by a full spectrum feed. .. .. .jj

How,s it going fella,cracking 1st grow mate.
The girls looks hungry for N no need for epsoms dont worry abt chopping early there fine mate 2ml grow shud b enough good luck;)

have u been flushing the medium regularly? i'd give it a good flush followed by a full spectrum feed. .. .. .jj

Cheers for the quick reply JJ, yes I have been flushing every week with just plain old mineral water, goes in at 7 and comes out at 6.8 to 7.

Hey Kaos mate, haven't seen you for a while.

"The girls looks hungry for N no need for epsoms dont worry abt chopping early there fine mate 2ml grow shud b enough"

I was unsure if it was too late to give them some N, would it be alright this far in?

Cheers BR

Last edited:
Hi Red!

Yeah picture can be hard to take only to push the bottom to take the picture make the camera move a little!
So you need use a tripod with the automatic timer to take the picture, that will help the camera to be more stable!

Maybe less then 5 week hard to tell, a micro scope can help you to know when the plant is mature by looking at trichome!

Trichome_chart1-0fc25.jpg

All the best!
MT

Really nice plants again! I hope you don't mind I photo shop your picture here you go!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 32_days_flower_Bigred85_ESH_1.jpg
    32_days_flower_Bigred85_ESH_1.jpg
    537.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
hey red. yeah full spectrum/grow feed is the way i'd go.. should clear up in a week. beyond that, perhaps a chelating agent like rhizotonic.. or- and some will disagree, so it's up to the individual- make up a 1/4 strength solution and foliar directly to the bottom of lower/affected leaves, being careful not to get any on the buds.. a good way is twist the leaf via the petiole so ur spraying down and away from the smokables.. these are just some additional suggestions.. cheers BR. . . ..jj

Thanks for that MT, I got myself a little loupe but it isn't powerful enough only x8. But just looking at the girls, it doesn't look like they will need another five weeks.
I took a little tester last night, lower popcorn buds from three of the plants. WOW, knocked the bag out off me. Wasn't harsh or racy, no paranoia at all. It fills me with confidence for when they are fully ripe and properly dried.

Regarding the feed, as soon as Kaos said to give them some N, I went straight away and gave them a dose. They responded almost immediately. I'll keep an eye on them

PS. Thanks JJ, I was writing my reply while at work, only took me two hours to get it finished and posted. Damn drunks getting in the way of my hobby,lol
Cheers BR

Last edited:
Hi red,nice nugget of info from jj you could also use some batmix
i use this at week 4 in flower a one of teaspoon of bm in a cup of hot water
give it a min then had it to your water ;)

Cheers to both of you, I'm really grateful for any advice I'm getting. I got Plagron royalty mix, with bat poop added, so by their reckoning I didn't need to add anything for the fist six weeks. My mistake was thinking when I put them into their final pots, that there would be enough N to keep them going until I started them on their bloom nutes. I didn't know that they would use it all up during the stretch phase. Although they didn't really stretch too much(less than doubled), I really should have used some grow nutes then.

But it's good to learn these sorts of things early. And with good support coming from the MNS family, I reckon I'll pick things up on no time.

Cheers BR

Back