Bigreds Early skunk x haze first grow

Morning MT, thanks for the info mate. Probably get myself one of those next week. I believe you might well be right about the 8 weekers except plant one.

It's buds are not quite as fat as the others, possibly a week or so longer for her.
Over the last couple of days they seem to be just gently swelling and putting on more trichs. Very very little smell unless I physically move them. I think you could get away without a carbon filter for this strain.

Anyhow, thanks, must go get ready for work, I'll update in a few days, have a good weekend folks.

Cheers BR:)

OK, so I'm now onto day 40 from flipping, and the girls are going overboard on trich production. They're also slowly gaining weight.

I've been picking all the popcorn and it tastes great, has a nice stone too.:D
At this point, I'd be more than happy to harvest them, but I also understand that good things come to those who wait. So tonight will be my last until I chop, promise;) .

Now, the yellowing of leaves hasn't really slowed down, even after their dose of N. I'm not too concerned this close to the end, and it's a lesson for the next run of clones.

Girls are thirsty now, going through a pint a day easily, and they are giving me just so much enjoyment, just watching and hopefully learning.

Picture time.
Plant 1

Plant 2

Plant 3

Plant 4

Thanks for stopping by:
Cheers BR

Starting to put some beef on them buds very nice red..
You want to tidy up the bottom of your girls get rid of the dead leaves.
:D

Hi Bigred85!

now they must be really nice, do you have a picture update!
The lowest leafs dying at the end of the flowers cycle it normal.
You have some wonderful plants is that Early Pearl Skunk x Haze I will buy a pack and its your fault! lol

All the Best!
MT

Hey Kaos and MT, sorry been a bit busy recently and didn't have my camera for a week, but I'm off all weekend(car broken) so I'll get some pics up now with a bit of an update also.

So it seems that I was a bit overly worried about the leaves situation, should have known better. The shedding has slowed right down, and looking at the plants from above shows plenty of greenery.

We've just passed onto day 57 now, and I'm debating whether to stop feeding now, or continue for another week. Only plant 1 hasn't got firm buds, nor is it filling out as quickly as the others, but it's still doing excellently.

Got one of those magnifiers, thanks MT, and the trichs' are going into the mostly cloudy stage, with about 30% clear.Pistils are still shooting out, so on that basis, I'm reckoning on another two weeks, so should I start the flush now ?

Plant 1.

This one has had a hard time since it popped. It began as a twin, got seperated, was left at the side of the light because there wasn't enough room, never seemed to want to get going. I was going to toss it on a few ocassions, but had a wee soft spot for it nonetheless.
Boy has she rewarded me. She's the strongest out of all, has a lovely tobacco/leathery smell, big yielding but best of all, it's stong smoke. Out of all the tasters it's easily the best plant this far along. I am really looking forward to smoking this one after it has been cured.

Plant 2.

What a cracking plant this one is, like 1 it's smell has tobacco undertones, yield looks great too. But it's the nugs that are so great about this one. Rock hard. The tester from this one was so smooth, and quite potent with it.

Plant 3.

Poor no 3. Has been broken in three seperate places, had one of the main colas removed, is a good 6 inches shorter than the rest,buds are considerably shorter, test smoke is crap, still overpowering turps smell to it. I am hoping that no 3 brings the goods when she is cured, and when I re-run her.

Plant 4.

This is the best. It has the flavour and smell, the yield and hard nuggets. I think I might even need some supports for this girl. Based on everything I've seen so far, this is the leader in the keepers battle, although nothing will be deciced on their first run.

All of the plants seem to have responded well to being topped. I topped at the eighth node and at various spots all over. I think I should have given them more than a few days to recover, I've read two weeks. I think the buds would have been better for it.

More updates soon, take care BR:D

hey all. hey bud, lookin mad! i'm glad u didn't make the mistake of tossin out no.1! so many winners have been tossed by hasty and impulsive judgments.. yeah, in my estimation, u can start the flush now.. they look about 1 3/4 weeks off.. that's gotta be the perfect example of a successful 1st grow. one couldn't have done any better... take a freakin bow, Red!! cheers, . .. .jsmilinj

Hey mate, how's it going. Thanks for that. It's a blast doing this. To say I'm having fun is so understated. I am hooked, big time!!!

Cheers BR;)

Hi All!
Hey Red!

really nice but it still remains a few steps before the finish line! lol
Kept the same regime flush the last 10 days!
feed then maybe an other 5 to 7 days, as you say they still produce new growth I hope you have some tasty terpenoid in there...

Patient is a virtue.
and without temptation there be no Virtue!

Cheers!
MT

haha, yeah, that's fair enough, MasterTrooper.. i guess i was thinking in terms of a 2 week flush.. but yeah, i think it's a fine split either way.. sometimes when i find myself torn with regards to timing a flush, i'll flush then give a organic type product, then flush, buying myself 3 days to further observe em.. cheers all!

Hey JJ!

10, 14, 7, it all good for me, all depend on how you rinse.

I read your pictures problem also my understanding it that there is a limit of pictures by album, but there is no maximum for the albums!

Nice pictures by the way, to both of you!

Cheers!
Have a great week end!
MT

Last edited:
Hey MT, and eveyone else whose looked in. Really sorry for not finishing the diary off at the time. Lots of things happening, internet was down, pictures were lost, Oh and I was extremely stoned all summer long.

The plants 2 and 4 came down on day 66, and they were completely done. Plant 1 came down day 73, it could have had a few more days by it's looks but I was impatient(or so I thought). Finally plant 3 came down on day 76, was always looking to throw out new growth. I really didn't like No 3, was all but through with her, gave me headaches smoking, but had a heavier stone than the others, bedtime smoke maybe. So she got another run.

After a couple of months curing, the flavours were fully developed. So here goes with my very own type of smoke report...

Plants 2 and 4 are identicle, to me. They have the skunk type buds, and gave off a fruity mangoelike aroma, This was most prevelent when opening the curing jars, beautiful. But it's effects were on the milder side, nice and up high with a ever so slight smell of Amsterdam(Skunk). The high would last upto 40 minutes with an abrupt end. Nothing another one wouldn't fix.

Plant 3, as already stated, really didn't do it for me, until it had a good cure. then things changed. It was very piney arome wise, and greasy as hell, it gave a great stone, with lots of introverted thoughts while out walking. Didn't give me that up feeling, definately more for gentler activities, like watching adults duking it out on an invisible battlefield,lol.

Plant 4, the little runt. Was a siamese twin at birth, survived the separation, then was outside of the lights rays, under-developed, real deep cheese smell when rubbing the Meristem. Wow, it's the one for me. Absolutely wonderful leather/tobacco smell that fills the nostrils upon touch. It's quite light bud wise, but it's a bigger producer, neither of which are of any consequence to me since I'm intrested in the effects. Number one has it all. The high come on within a couple of minutes, and takes me to a place I feel completely comfortable in. It is great as a mood enhancer, I am always in great craic when I smoke these buds from 1. It makes my thoughts so much more clear, it's even a pleasure to do the chores after smoking this :)
This is natures Prozac. If anyone looking in who would like a strain that makes you happy, this is it. Just remember to let the plants fully mature, no clear trichs. This strain is an all day every day strain, very functional. I had to chop the second run 2 weeks early:mad:, and I'm paying the price for that with weak bud and plenty of negative thoughts.

I don't feel qualified to give an overall depiction of this strain, since I only had 4 girls to begin with and it was my first grow. But personally, I think it's great gear, and I would reccommend EarlySkunkHaze to new and old alike.

I'll throw up some pics when they are ready, hope it helps someone just like the pictures from others have helped me..

Thank you all who have helped me, I appreciate everything
Cheers BR

"Oh and I was extremely stoned all summer long."

dontcha just hate when that happens :p

sounds like you had a good experience with it and thats what counts :D

peace :cool:

This smoke report is fantastic.

Congrats it looks to me like this may be the outdoor strain for me.

Has anybody grown this and the critical haze? Would like to know how the two compare.

finishing

That being said, the plants are definately a lot earlier finishers than I have presumed, look at the trich's and pistils.

Now I'm really confused about what strain I'm actually growing. I have been using Amathystbuddah's grow diary all through as a reference point,http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/early-skunk-haze/3840-early-pearl-skunk-haze.html, but his plants look different to mine, far more sativa influence in his.
this is his at 31 days 12/12.
And this is mine at day 32,
32_days_flower_012.JPG

So with this in mind I started looking at other grow to see if there was someone else's which more resembled mine. Thats where JKP's Early Haze thread from a couple of years ago came into it, http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/attachme...finishing-outdoor-early-haze-indoors-2009.jpg.
Does mine not look far more like Joes' than Amathystbuddah, if so how long does mine take to finish, since there is no Early Haze on the strain guide, so I'm really confused, can anyone help, please.

Thanks BR

just watch your plants it looks like you have a ways to go when you pistil start to turn then start watching the trics for the amber color then you will be getting close but these haze can get a boost at the end usally pushing up a couple of towers towards the end your plants look like a skunky pheno

HaHa Bob, I know only too well now. Been off it for 5 years, apart from a few trips to the "DAM", though herb wasn't the only reason for my visits;). So to have my love affair with this plant rekindled by such a lovely specimen.... it's actually got me hooked. The things I've learn't this past year from all of you "invisible people" has enriched me, Thank you.

BF, If you have the weather well into November then you should be ok. As Rimmeo has just pointed out, these things like to go on a bit. I'm on my third run of these, they looked like they were all going to finish up around 8 weeks. No chance. Full on flowering like it was week 3,lol. Probably go 11 weeks all told.
They are good with mold, Right now they are getting upto 80RH during their night cycle and not a peep from them. Outdoor in the northern hemisphere in Nov...I believe it would be possible to get these babies done. I've been looking at some greenhouses for next year.

That first one is the skunk one, the others are the haze pheno, atleast another week on those. Skunky sacrificed herself last night, so as I don't run out before the rest are ready.:D

Cheers BR:p

Outdoor in the northern hemisphere in Nov...I believe it would be possible to get these babies done.

Hey BIg, if i can be in help for you,
i have done the EarlyPearlSkunkXHaze(afgan/skunkXhazeAC i guess)
outdoor last season at 43north and all the phenos finished in time before the "russian wind" came...
They ware germed at 20th of April, planted in the dirt around 20th of May.
Till begining of Jul all were sexed and the males were culled, still everything
was heavily seeded from the industrial hemp all around...and that count on the flowering times quality and such i know, but thats the situation.
The best part was that the latest plant to finish started flow in August(and was quicker than the MedMans fastest:eek:),
and the fastest one in July, so they all have plenty of time to finish. Hope my words are not confusing cos im not confident in my english skills..anyway got some pics in almost rdy to harvest mode also :) if u like... One thing to mension too, I'm not even close to experienced in growing..., but i still prefer the seeded SharkShock than the seeded EarlyHaze ;)

stay safe all...

Last edited:
Back