bb247's first run ever!----SHARK SHOCK

Glad to hear that.. I figure they'll bounce back and the worst that could happen is I have seeded buds, which is far better than having no buds at all!

Unfortunately I don't have a way to purchase kelp today. I do have molasses in my kitchen and at the farmer's market I know I can purchase some humic acid from the Compost Tea Man. I'll ask him about fulvic acid and kelp. Luckily I have a sampler of Clonex Root Maximizer Mycorrhizae in granular form. On the pouch it says it has 30% humic acid derived from hypnum peat moss and 70% inactive ingredients---I'm not sure in which category the mycorrhizae falls.

I have been using tap water throughout this grow (loaded with chloramine) so I figure I'll let the chloramine act on the molasses and humic acid for a bit before adding the mycorrhizae. Thanks for the suggestions, as always, M.

Last edited:
I had a nice chat with my local Compost Man and learned that his tea has everything you mentioned Musashi, but alfalfa instead of kelp/molasses. Needless to say I'm excited for lights on in a few hours.

Just wanted to let interested parties know that they are collectively perking up. They each got 20-24 oz of aerated compost tea first thing during their morning. Their improvement was very sudden and some of the sativa doms are recovering a little bit slower.

Last edited:
I took this photo on their fourth morning of stress.
Ea3RqIE.jpg

This plant perked up very fast, I think around early day three of stress. I assume it's an indica dom.
4UQsmjF.jpg

Another fast perker:
HyjCDsX.jpg

Some sativa doms perking up in their own time:
y1faRLY.jpg

More sativa doms:
SwX76sV.jpg

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen plants react like that to having a few lower branches pruned! Like you say, maybe too much light too soon. Did they have plenty of water at the time? Anyway, good to see them perked up, and looking lush again.

I think they had a medium amount of water at the time.. possibly a little less. I thought about that too but decided not to water them because the containers were definitely holding some water. I don't think they took up much (if any) water during the three days either... So I didn't think more water would have helped at the time, but now I think I should have topped them off as a precaution.

Weird right?

I keep telling myself that if the whole thing goes up in flames that the learning experience alone was worth it and that my fridge has a great world of possibilities in it... But if things go well, they literally will go up in flames one day heh heh... :-D

Last edited:
Macro shots

Added some accessories to my camera kit. Photos taken yesterday. Enjoy!

Exhibit A1
xDPBXnz.jpg

Exhibit A2
46ERlBS.jpg

Exhibit B
TzLj1YX.jpg

Exhibit C
7OqQrZp.jpg

Exhibit A & B are probably the hardiest of the bunch and roughly the same height. Exhibit B has the largest flowers of any in her height class.

Exhibit C is one of the sativa doms in the back of the tent. There was a sat dom with a larger flower behind it but I couldn't reach it.

Very frosty A:
58cyoIm.jpg

Very frosty A (zoomed out):
1REGoDd.jpg

Very frosty B:
kxpMPXZ.jpg

Very frosty B (zoomed out):
0e29PwW.jpg

Everyone:
638MV1f.jpg

Dayum! I don't know how I missed your last update.... Fantastic photo show dude.

The shark girls are looking so good. How are they now? Fat and frosty, I hope :)

Looking forward to your next updayte!

Stay Hazed
Jake

@jake Yeah man---some are lookin' might fine. I'll try to get into the garden with the camera within a few hours.

Pheno discussion:

I've noticed two types of flowers, one stout at the top of the cola and one conical. It is my guess that the stout colas are from the Indian side of the BW and that the conical side is from the Brazilian side of the BW. Once we classify the plants that way, some have a lot of leaf that I'll have to trim and some do not. It is my guess that the ones without a lot of leaf to trim are so because have received a gene from the Skunk and those with a lot of leaf did not receive a certain gene from the Skunk.

Not my photos, but here is what I'm talking about when I say "stout":
SS_3.jpg

This looks like the conical flower:
SS_4.jpg

Now, there is one conical flower that is frostier than any of the others in the tent with very little leaf to trim away. I think that she'll be the one... I'll test her out and definitely re-run her just to be sure. Oh, yeah, almost forgot---hella fat nugs on this girl too. There are one or two others that are like this one, but none so advanced or so frosty.

I just wanted to share my observations while I had the time. Photos later today!

Last edited:
a plant
HWdYlNU.jpg

a frosty stout plant
YEvA0YZ.jpg

very leafy
7abttK6.jpg

maximum skunk
NErSnWi.jpg

an early finisher?
D3poeT1.jpg

the outstanding
VSMUn3x.jpg

early finisher in foreground
GqXpr5R.jpg

keeper profile
yLYJaca.jpg

it's almost time
vYQwQEz.jpg

Keep pics #2 & #6 on the brain for your bud of the month photo contest entries.... #6 would be hard to beat :)

They look sparkly and sticky man, nice job!
It's a shame that Early finisher is showing nanners :(

Thank you for the update!

Stay Hazed,
Jake

Woah... I didn't even notice the nanner until you pointed it out Jake!

How much more time do you guys think early finisher needs? I can get better trich shots with my camera than my loupe. I was gonna leave em on another week.

All plants need to come down on Aug 1. I'm not able to tend plants or manage drying after Aug 10... So all flowers need to be in jars on Aug 10. I'm glad I went with the Shark as these life requirements came unexpectedly.

Toked some. Alrighty that was nuts!

Writing a smoke report is as difficult as I thought it would be. I've been giving them plain tap water for what feels like 2.5 weeks now. Seems to have worked. The early finisher did not smell good, 100% my fault. Will run again. These two . . . yes, these smell good.

Smoke report:

I've got two plants drying at the moment, the rest are still in there. But I'll do what I can. In the afternoon I sampled one a leafier plant that finished a bit earlier than the others. In the evening I sampled the plant in photo 6 (caption: the outstanding). I'm not sure I have a good photo of the first one I sampled, but it was closer to the camera in the group shot above.

The leafier one I think is widow leaning. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. That was the earlier sample. Awesome. It got me high. I would consider myself to have a high tolerance. I bonged a bowl. The buds had been hanging for probably 2.5 days at that point. So the aroma was still mainly that fresh-cut grass smell, but interesting terps were somewhere. Now for the hard part: the words I'd use to describe the high are clear, buzzy, mildly euphoric. No cotton mouth that I remember.

The buds in photo #6 above were my evening toke. Yikes. This is some bomb ass 'ish. I can't believe I grew this. Big ups to the Breeder. Just yikes. Definitely running this one for a while. I'll think about it more but I would so far describe this high as a fun slowing down. I've got cotton mouth. Not hungry, but I had a nice dinner. I'd describe the high as less clear and less euphoric than the other buds I tried today. This plant was the frostiest. Oh, and very easy to trim! It did not finish first but tied for second. I'm not sure how much of that is due to me, though. Stating the obvious here but these are fine qualities to have in a cannabis plant. :D No idea how to describe the smell; need to think about it more. The words sour and pungent come to mind.

Last edited:
The exit interview

It's been a little while and I wanted to provide the gang with some updates.

I had to juggle a bunch of life changes in the past 2 months that included neglecting the plants. They're all dead.. I didn't mean to kill them but I just couldn't take care of them. The event that did them in was a vacation I "had" to take. I thought it would be ok to leave them out in the sun (partial shade) for 5 days. Haha! Rookie mistake, bb247, rookie mistake. All in all, I was ultra happy with what I got out of it. The education alone was worth the time and trouble. For a first run, I feel like even getting the plants to flower is an accomplishment, and almost any sizable harvest might be considered successful.

I found 2-4 real standout plants out of 20 females:
1) photo #6 above. The aroma was unlike ANY of the others. I can't put my finger on it, but it smelled 'sticky.'
2) another very frosty pheno that caught me by surprise. It was about as frosty as #6, but did not finish as fast. The aroma here was more berry-like.
3 & 4) two fantastic yielders. I didn't like the aroma on these so much but that may have been grower error.

The highs have been really nice---I imagine I am experiencing the white widow high that I knew from so long ago but I can't say for sure. The plants that I have not mentioned all appeared to be something between BW and Skunk. Kind of leafy, not terribly huge buds, medium-frosty (for me anyway), with a berry-type smell. I think professorjj nailed it with the descriptor 'camphor.' I've still got nugs from all the plants I thought were standout. One of these days I'll document them here.

Thanks for your help MNS fam. I am very excited to pop these next beans. I have 4x MKS, 4x MKaze, and 4x Angel Heart lined up and ready to go! HUZZAH!!

Last edited:
That was one hell of a first run, bbq. Sorry you lost your plants but the best lessons in life are always painful or expensive. I'm sure you learned a lot that you'll put to good use. Your next grow sound great... I'll be watching!

Nice Mandlebrot, BTW. :)

Back