bb247's first run ever!----SHARK SHOCK

Below is more the type of operation I'm running. Everybody's mangled up. I hope the stems are gonna be strong enough. This picture is about a week old and shows one of the tallest girls in the tent. This plant also is also one of my victims that did not heal quite right.

4EkzYPd.jpg

They are stinky! Lemon perhaps? Pungent lemon?

They're stretching right now.

(P.S. this image was "touched up" some. I adjusted brightness, contrast, tint, and adjusted for noise..)

Oh, it is COOL!!

I'm partway through taking clones of the girls. I am very excited to see what treasures these girls will present me with. :p :D

I too have 9 shark girls about to be flowered out. So im watching your grow with quite some interest. One of them has leaves that sparkle in the light...needless to say im watching her closely..
Good luck brother

Thanks guys, for the encouraging words. I'm very glad to have found this community!

I have finally been able to put some time into the project and am very happy with the results so far:

-About a week ago I transplanted everyone into a 2 or 3 gallon container.
-Haha, my first attempt at taking clones did not go well at all. I took clones again a couple days ago and they look as they should..
-Finalized the placement of fans and lights in the grow tent (finally!)

On to the photos: the first was taken a few days ago and features what was the tallest girl at the time, and the second and third were taken just a few moments ago. Everyone is showing little flowers!

RndZoAX.jpg

muRW8to.jpg

doh8RVD.jpg

Note: I adjusted contrast/brightness/etc/etc for the photos. The "light penetration" is not as good as the second picture shows, although it is pretty good, I'd say. I believe I did not modify contrast or shadows in the third image.

I wonder if it is too packed in there? I'm not opposed to culling a few and re-running them next grow.. Light information: my build of 12x 70V COBs can draw about 555 watts from the wall, making me think my fixtures are comparable to a 700-1000W HPS bulb. When at full power, each COB uses about 46 watts.

Last edited:
...One of them has leaves that sparkle in the light...needless to say im watching her closely..

I think I have seen this trait in a couple of plants in the tent... I know I have, in fact.. But I don't remember which one at the moment! I'll look for it in a few days..

Exciting right? :-D

Aite fam, it's on! Here's the latest scoop:

rvmuuhN.jpg

SbXnUKH.jpg

I really like the growth on this one. Side branching seems to be close to non-existent:
l3DOr4i.jpg

Forgive the blue tint:
vnipSHx.jpg

The light show:
4BGqm0L.jpg

I wish I knew how many days ago I switched them to 12/12... oops!

Ooh, they're nice! Now they've settled down, If they're all seed plants I would maybe remove some of the skinny undergrowth before removing plants but they're looking great.
Your light rig looks like a tv studio!

Hey bb247

nice looking plants! Good quality pics aswell

Keep those update coming please

greetzz BB

Last edited:
@beauthebulldog: Im gonna clear some undergrowth later today... I've been reading up on mold and PM.. yikes. Good looking out brother. Lol---moldy buds would really ruin my day.

I should add that I'm reading temperature and humidity at about 79°F/26°C and 60% RH----awesome conditions for mold to thrive! I'll see what I can do to control the humidity. Where I live, the outside humidity goes north of 74% at night, so I'm adjusting the timer to have the lights burn off some of this moisture. I'll work on a few other changes, too.

Thanks for stopping by, the advice, and the kind words mate!!

Last edited:
I tried to be judicious. They've got about 8 hours of sunlight left in their day to recover. I hope they don't herm..

D6IeIKp.jpg

Glad you got my gist mate. I thought I was saying it wrong.
That looks much better. You could even go a bit further up if things get desperate!
They should be ok, now they're a couple of weeks in. There was probably more chance of herms before with all that bud in the dark.
I'm in a similar tent and I'm struggling with 20 4week olds, especially after watering. but some of them will be coming out.
Yes, mold, big issue, but another problem is that once your humidity gets towards 70 carbon filters tend to, er, stop working!
Hope it all goes well.

Thanks for the advice---I appreciate it. I am gonna wait a little longer to see if my clones will root or not. If they don't, I'll prune a little higher and use that growth to clone. I still have some changes to make to the growroom in hopes of controlling the humidity.

Ayayaya I wish I had my veg boxes set up months ago... now it's a pain to get the cuttings to revert to veg.

Yo again. You'll probably know this but if all else fails you could always leave a bit of bud on and re-veg the best plants and then take cuttings, although it might not be the best form, but it certainly works.

I might do that! After much contemplation, I decided I want to select for frost. I can't compare the plant yields because of the whack supercropping job I did.

So my plants have been in shock for three days now. I just now read that I should have turned the light intensity down when I pruned them. Not looking good to be honest.

Anytime you cut, plant seems to focus on repair. Try giving them a mixture of kelp, add molasses, fulvic and humic acid, with a little mychorrhizae in there too. They will bounce back with or without regardless.

Aloha
M

Back