Basic community rules for the Mr Nice Seedbank forum

admini

Administrator
Staff member

The Laws of interaction, basic community rules for the Mr Nice Seedbank forum:
1.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Active debate and free speech are warmly encouraged, but remember you are a guest here, and decorum and respectful conduct are not optional but expected. From the first day it was created this forum never had moderators, nor mamas nor policemen telling users what can and what cannot be said. Our idea is that every person should be self-governing. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Suspensions will apply to those who directly insult, disrespect and antagonize other members with regularity.[/FONT][FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
2.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]MNS encourages the freedom of expression of one’s opinion in a responsible and civilized manner. Creating a community feeling, a sense of solidarity and mutual respect is one of the top priorities of this forum. [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Fairness is difficult to enforce so we will go back to school days style . Everyone who enters a thread with a disruptive, insulting, trolling or antagonistic post aimed at others, and all other who comment after this to further fuel and banter off the topic, will suffer equally at least 1 week of suspension from our the MSN Forum.[/FONT][FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
3.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Enjoy debates and discussions, lead by example in creating a civil environment of mutual understanding and learning. Help out those that are looking for help, let your passion for beautiful plants be the energy that motivates your posts. This is no place for heros, it’s a place for people to enjoy and grow together![FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
4.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]The author of the message is solely responsible for the contents of his/her comment. Comments expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinions of MNS.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
5.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Under no circumstances are private messages (PM) to be quoted or referred to in the public forum. Private means between the discussing parties, public means open to all who visit the site.
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6. Under no circumstance you should post any details about other members that are private: no addresses, no names , no scanned version of medical licenses/cards etc....Should we find posts that contain such content, we would remove the post from the forum and the user that posted such info will be immediately suspended. Even with the approval from other members, we prefer this information to be kept off this site in the interest of the community safety and to respect the privacy for the members involved.[/FONT][FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Comments that contain material that is defamatory, abusive, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or illegal should not be published on the MNS forum and are likely to be removed if published. Please understand that this forum wants to be able to stand on its own feet without having third party security services regulating user interaction. So benefit from the possibility that is given here, without abusing it.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]State your opinion rather than resorting to personal attacks.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Be considerate. Allow others the opportunity to participate by not excessively submitting comments repeatedly throughout the day or excessively responding to every comment that is published. This considerate gesture will allow for a variety of views and opinions to be expressed. MNS reserves the right to refuse to publish excessive submissions that serve only to dominate the forum, stifle discussions, and stifle participation.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]10[/FONT]. MNS reserves the right to refuse to publish or to edit any comment that, in their opinion, violates the rules and the spirit of the forum. Please contact users Shantibaba or Admini or fxginbcnvia PM (Private Message) to report any problems that might arise.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
11.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]"Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." ~Margaret Mead[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
12.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]A problem only exists if you are unwilling to deal with an issue…otherwise there is no such thing as a problem”. ~Shantibaba[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
13.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]Mate, I would like to, but I really have no time right now….”. ~admini

Cyberspace, April 2009

Revised & updated: December 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
wedding gown online

Wow! I definitely like this side better…
Good story!:D

HI Admini,

I really respect the spirit of conduct rules expected and advised for all MNS members. Even knowing we as members are a multicultural bunch, individuals with different levels of education, different views, and different ways of expressing themselves, it’s all resumed to the old saying, “live and let live”.... respect to be respected.

But there’s one thing bothering me as I strongly suspect to have seen it being done before. It’s definitively not a pleasure for the competition to have MNS growing, expanding new rules of conduct in the market, and as if it wasn’t enough… having master Neville online and actively participating in the debates, sharing his expertise and know how. I fear there are several possible reasons for other teams to come here and try to mess things up, with the sole objective of creating a hostile environment, unpleasant for both our master breeders, and members. We are today a “hot” community, with plenty of reasons to create envy.

Having said so, I truly believe we have among us enough intelligent and educated minds, to really make trolls have a difficult life around. It’s not necessary to be rude, it’s not necessary to be violent, it’s not necessary to be impolite. The simply use of education and brain power should be enough to solve most of the problems around. And as a last resort, there’s always the banning option.

Just my 2 cents…

Would it be possible to add a new rule to the Basic community rules for the Mr Nice Seedbank forum.

I cannot see this mentioned and I feel it should be a basic rule for any canna site.

Under NO circumstances should any personal information be posted about other members by other members. failure to do so should be an instant ban.

If I decide to post up personal information about myself then that is my choice, i could have a medical license to grow my own or have a legal grow, but I do not agree with any1 posting up personal information about any member here without their consent.

usually i would never ask for any member to be banned but if they start posting up personal info about other members then they pose a security risk, something we could all be doing without if im honest.

Why is it that rule # 5 is Under NO circumstances are pm's to be posted but no mention of personal information not to be posted???, would it be possible to include this in the rules admini????

Would it be possible to add a new rule to the Basic community rules for the Mr Nice Seedbank forum.

Why is it that rule # 5 is Under NO circumstances are pm's to be posted but no mention of personal information not to be posted???, would it be possible to include this in the rules admini????

I believe you have a strong point here Nutella.

I will discuss a community rules update with Shanti and get back to you asap.

And YES, we value members privacy here!

THX for your precious feedback!

admini

I will discuss a community rules update with Shanti and get back to you asap.

And YES, we value members privacy here!

THX for your precious feedback!

admini

fs man, nearly 2 months later and still not heard shit, THX for your precious feedback ;)

big big ty to shanti and admini for adding the new rule :D

6. Under no circumstance you should post any details about other members that are private: no addresses, no names , no scanned version of medical licenses/cards etc....Should we find posts that contain such content, we would remove the post from the forum and the user that posted such info will be immediately suspended. Even with the approval from other members, we prefer this information to be kept off this site in the interest of the community safety and to respect the privacy for the members involved.

sorry for being a pain in the ass about this shanti and admini but i felt it was necessary rule for any canna forum, but ty again for adding that rule guys :)

Kind-sti-tution

1.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Active debate and free speech are warmly encouraged, but remember you are a guest here, and decorum and respectful conduct are not optional but expected. From the first day it was created this forum never had moderators, nor mamas nor policemen telling users what can and what cannot be said. Our idea is that every person should be self-governing. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Suspensions will apply to those who directly insult, disrespect and antagonize other members with regularity.[/FONT][FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
2.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]MNS encourages the freedom of expression of one’s opinion in a responsible and civilized manner. Creating a community feeling, a sense of solidarity and mutual respect is one of the top priorities of this forum. [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Fairness is difficult to enforce so we will go back to school days style . Everyone who enters a thread with a disruptive, insulting, trolling or antagonistic post aimed at others, and all other who comment after this to further fuel and banter off the topic, will suffer equally at least 1 week of suspension from our the MSN Forum.[/FONT][FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
3.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Enjoy debates and discussions, lead by example in creating a civil environment of mutual understanding and learning. Help out those that are looking for help, let your passion for beautiful plants be the energy that motivates your posts. This is no place for heros, it’s a place for people to enjoy and grow together![FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
4.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]The author of the message is solely responsible for the contents of his/her comment. Comments expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinions of MNS.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
5.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Under no circumstances are private messages (PM) to be quoted or referred to in the public forum. Private means between the discussing parties, public means open to all who visit the site.
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6. Under no circumstance you should post any details about other members that are private: no addresses, no names , no scanned version of medical licenses/cards etc....Should we find posts that contain such content, we would remove the post from the forum and the user that posted such info will be immediately suspended. Even with the approval from other members, we prefer this information to be kept off this site in the interest of the community safety and to respect the privacy for the members involved.[/FONT][FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Comments that contain material that is defamatory, abusive, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or illegal should not be published on the MNS forum and are likely to be removed if published. Please understand that this forum wants to be able to stand on its own feet without having third party security services regulating user interaction. So benefit from the possibility that is given here, without abusing it.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]State your opinion rather than resorting to personal attacks.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Be considerate. Allow others the opportunity to participate by not excessively submitting comments repeatedly throughout the day or excessively responding to every comment that is published. This considerate gesture will allow for a variety of views and opinions to be expressed. MNS reserves the right to refuse to publish excessive submissions that serve only to dominate the forum, stifle discussions, and stifle participation.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]10[/FONT]. MNS reserves the right to refuse to publish or to edit any comment that, in their opinion, violates the rules and the spirit of the forum. Please contact users Shantibaba or Admini or Mediator1via PM (Private Message) to report any problems that might arise.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
11.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]"Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." ~Margaret Mead[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
12.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]A problem only exists if you are unwilling to deal with an issue…otherwise there is no such thing as a problem”. ~Shantibaba[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
13.[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]Mate, I would like to, but I really have no time right now….”. ~admini

Cyberspace, April 2009

Revised & updated: December 2011

Bump for bump's sake.

Dunno if some of you all know that this actually exists. I encourage all members to read this and try to relate rather than compare. Read it with an open mind. Ask yourselves if you could possibly be perceived as breaking these rules through the eyes of others. If you feel that someone else is a troll, just make a conscious effort to ignore him/her. They will go away without the attention they crave. :)

Hope a quorum of forum decorum wasnt called!

I find it amusing that this had to be spelled out for people. After all, the topics discussed here are of an adult nature, so it would seem logical to assume that childish behaviour would be unacceptable.

While it is a beautifully written document, i hope the author(s) didnt waste much time/energy on it. I feel that everything that needed to be said was contained within the first statement in one sentance.

"Our idea is that every person should be self-governing." If this is understood, the stuff about posting PM's, personal info and the rest is redundant given the subject matter on this site.

My grandmother taught me early on that... "There is only one rule in life, it is to treat others as you wish to be treated." That logic is simple and has served me well for many years(her too for even more).

Some may call it "common sense" and it very well may be so. While it is true that humans do not share common senses(identical twins exempt) genetic research is forcing the re-evaluation of the ancient concept of a common "mind" for lack of a better term. If this is indeed the case, the idea of common sense is not so abstract, silly or far reaching.

The term "common" implies two things, the first is "possessed by all" the other is "easily recognized". This, i find very profound! If the geneticists prove to be correct on this, when it comes to what people refer to as "sense" they may finally realize the first implication is generally true and can only manifest thru the second. Once this is accomplished common sense gives rise to common decency and finally a common purpose, namely a pleasant experience for all within the common mind.

In summary, if the individual senses are given less energy, common sense prevails. This is what i see as true SELF GOVERN MENT.

agape,
El

Hello fellas,

So I´d like to take the opprtunity to re-share the rules of the house with everyone.

1.Active debate and free speech are warmly encouraged, but remember you are a guest here, and decorum and respectful conduct are not optional but expected. From the first day it was created this forum never had moderators, nor mamas nor policemen telling users what can and what cannot be said. Our idea is that every person should be self-governing. Suspensions will apply to those who directly insult, disrespect and antagonize other members with regularity.

2.MNS encourages the freedom of expression of one’s opinion in a responsible and civilized manner. Creating a community feeling, a sense of solidarity and mutual respect is one of the top priorities of this forum. Fairness is difficult to enforce so we will go back to school days style . Everyone who enters a thread with a disruptive, insulting, trolling or antagonistic post aimed at others, and all other who comment after this to further fuel and banter off the topic, will suffer equally at least 1 week of suspension from our the MSN Forum.

3.Enjoy debates and discussions, lead by example in creating a civil environment of mutual understanding and learning. Help out those that are looking for help, let your passion for beautiful plants be the energy that motivates your posts. This is no place for heros, it’s a place for people to enjoy and grow together!

4.The author of the message is solely responsible for the contents of his/her comment. Comments expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinions of MNS.

5.Under no circumstances are private messages (PM) to be quoted or referred to in the public forum. Private means between the discussing parties, public means open to all who visit the site.

6. Under no circumstance you should post any details about other members that are private: no addresses, no names , no scanned version of medical licenses/cards etc....Should we find posts that contain such content, we would remove the post from the forum and the user that posted such info will be immediately suspended. Even with the approval from other members, we prefer this information to be kept off this site in the interest of the community safety and to respect the privacy for the members involved.

7.Comments that contain material that is defamatory, abusive, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or illegal should not be published on the MNS forum and are likely to be removed if published. Please understand that this forum wants to be able to stand on its own feet without having third party security services regulating user interaction. So benefit from the possibility that is given here, without abusing it.

8.State your opinion rather than resorting to personal attacks.

9.Be considerate. Allow others the opportunity to participate by not excessively submitting comments repeatedly throughout the day or excessively responding to every comment that is published. This considerate gesture will allow for a variety of views and opinions to be expressed. MNS reserves the right to refuse to publish excessive submissions that serve only to dominate the forum, stifle discussions, and stifle participation.

10. MNS reserves the right to refuse to publish or to edit any comment that, in their opinion, violates the rules and the spirit of the forum. Please contact users Shantibaba or Admini or fxginbcn to report any problems that might arise.

11."Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." ~Margaret Mead

12. “A problem only exists if you are unwilling to deal with an issue…otherwise there is no such thing as a problem”. ~Shantibaba

13. “Mate, I would like to, but I really have no time right now….”. ~admini

Thanks for taking the time to brush up on our community rules.

Back