Ballast misfire?

I hear ya buddy, and I'm on it. I've changed the power bar to the one I used last year, and the extension cord is new (12 guage, always). I also set the heater and fan on a timer to shut down right before the lights go on, and back on shortly after. The new power bar is cool, and so far so good. I won't be going LED for a while yet. Time will tell
What type / brand of power bar are you using?
Thanks
Good luck

@Skunkerbudz , the one that went wrong was a belkin. Don't know who made the current one. It is very well made, almost industrial like. The sticker came off sometime in the past. Any suggestions for a proper power bar? I used to think the breaker on them would take care of any problems. Kind of embarrassed of my electrical sloppyness, but any good advice could help others avoid electrical dangers

@Skunkerbudz , the one that went wrong was a belkin. Don't know who made the current one. It is very well made, almost industrial like. The sticker came off sometime in the past. Any suggestions for a proper power bar? I used to think the breaker on them would take care of any problems. Kind of embarrassed of my electrical sloppyness, but any good advice could help others avoid electrical dangers
Hmmm...
I've always subscribed to plugging in my magnetic or electronic ballasts directly into a wall socket. I've read that there is an initial start up surge that surpasses the stated amp draw of the ballast.
I use strips for fans, pumps etc. But understand the necessity to use as you have.

@Skunkerbudz , I couldn't reach the socket if I wanted to. I suppose another solution is buy a spool of copper wiring and make an extension cord out of that. When you say strips, you mean power bar?

Strips, power bars, I invision as multi socket extension cords. Do you know how many amps your breaker on your circuit is rated for? If I'm picturing your setup as described I would probably build an extension cord rated at or larger than what the breaker is rated for. And , important is the length of cord, try to build or buy the length you need not much more excess. I would use this new cord exclusively for your HID

Back