back on the train

sweet looking but too long for me maybe i will try NSK when time allows me, good grow and what can i say about the pictures WOW

wagon's gonna roll

Due to timing/space issues the other 5 nsk have been harvested but still around 95 days or so. Number six and seven are below, they have been off the vine about 6 days and the super dry air has things going into jars fast. Ideally these plants need a good month cure to really gauge but too damn tempting to try this stuff briefly. These are hazy for sure and it shows on look, high and weight!

NSK6
has a noticeable silvery look, some purpling as well. An acrid smell with some skunk undertones, this ones delivers a strong high for sure. A bit harsh on the intake, it actually caused a cough attack post exhale. Motivator as small sample got me cleaning. High is very strong but does seem a little foggy esp on the comedown.

NSK7
When I think of haze doms, this type of plant comes to mind, A bit scraggly with lots of runners this one was tall, then trained over where it held its own probably due to low weight. Has a subdued but noticeable ruby grapefruit odor when rubbed. I cut several runners, rolled into a ball and puffed it down. Due to low weight of NSK7 and my interest in maximizing its potential, I tried to hold in as much of the smoke as possible. What little I did exhale had a spicy, woody smell with none of the grapefruit odor when rubbed. Odd. I waited 5 minutes with no noticeable effect. At that point I started thinking about how long hazes can take, how they can be weak, the dreaded "hay" phenos, etc. At that point as it was all rolling around my head, I realize this shit is creeping up on me. Started getting some audio hallucincations, thought I heard somebody knocking on the door, looked out window but nothing, looked out again and thought I saw a head duck past corner of house (it was dark). WTF as the unmistakable slight paranoid edge creeps in. More audio distortions, more like I can hear all kinds of shit in the house making noise. Finally just holed up with the dogs in the guest bedroom and read some science fiction for an hour or so. That was last night so tried a small sample today during daylight hours. Similar high, it takes 5-10 minutes and seems to start with "WTF was that noise?" (thought I heard some voices!). Outside seemed less noidy but I did have about 30 minutes where I had that classic "people will know I am too high" feeling. Phenos like this are labors or love though as you will never get weight off this type pheno at least inside. But the pure freak factor makes me think it may be one to re-run.

So wispy just like that ole thai stick complete with that somewhat disorienting, "where the hell am I?" feeling after inhalation. Like you say, labor of love- you just gotta love it. Nice grow brother. Thanks for the share.

M

Your NSK7 definitely sounds like Piff, or NY Haze.
I had a similar cut gifted to me by NY'ers about 5 years back, the 12w fuckem cut of Mango Haze.
Alas I have her no more as I had to shut down for a few years.
Your description of the high is spot on to a proper haze. That paranoid buzz!
I love it!!
Enjoy brother, I'm sure with a good cure the noid aspect of the buzz will round out.

Due to timing/space issues the other 5 nsk have been harvested but still around 95 days or so. Number six and seven are below, they have been off the vine about 6 days and the super dry air has things going into jars fast. Ideally these plants need a good month cure to really gauge but too damn tempting to try this stuff briefly. These are hazy for sure and it shows on look, high and weight!

NSK6
has a noticeable silvery look, some purpling as well. An acrid smell with some skunk undertones, this ones delivers a strong high for sure. A bit harsh on the intake, it actually caused a cough attack post exhale. Motivator as small sample got me cleaning. High is very strong but does seem a little foggy esp on the comedown.

NSK7
When I think of haze doms, this type of plant comes to mind, A bit scraggly with lots of runners this one was tall, then trained over where it held its own probably due to low weight. Has a subdued but noticeable ruby grapefruit odor when rubbed. I cut several runners, rolled into a ball and puffed it down. Due to low weight of NSK7 and my interest in maximizing its potential, I tried to hold in as much of the smoke as possible. What little I did exhale had a spicy, woody smell with none of the grapefruit odor when rubbed. Odd. I waited 5 minutes with no noticeable effect. At that point I started thinking about how long hazes can take, how they can be weak, the dreaded "hay" phenos, etc. At that point as it was all rolling around my head, I realize this shit is creeping up on me. Started getting some audio hallucincations, thought I heard somebody knocking on the door, looked out window but nothing, looked out again and thought I saw a head duck past corner of house (it was dark). WTF as the unmistakable slight paranoid edge creeps in. More audio distortions, more like I can hear all kinds of shit in the house making noise. Finally just holed up with the dogs in the guest bedroom and read some science fiction for an hour or so. That was last night so tried a small sample today during daylight hours. Similar high, it takes 5-10 minutes and seems to start with "WTF was that noise?" (thought I heard some voices!). Outside seemed less noidy but I did have about 30 minutes where I had that classic "people will know I am too high" feeling. Phenos like this are labors or love though as you will never get weight off this type pheno at least inside. But the pure freak factor makes me think it may be one to re-run.

Never did get the last pics uploaded due to server issues, but here they are months later! NSK #10 blew the doors off the others relative to yield, flavor, and the high is very pleasant as well.
nsk10_1.jpg

I have many cuts re-running including this one above which cloned easily and is nearing harvest. A few other pics from last harvest, this is a very good strain if you do not mind waiting a bit. The highs are generally very strong and pleasant but the smallest one did cause a high level of paranoia.

This one was second best relative to yeild/high. The flavor is not as good as 10 but still very strong sativa weed.

nsk9_1.jpg

Have some pics of recent harvest but server has them locked in queue with same error as last year or so. But can say the big yielder above is a great high. It is euphoric but has a psychedelic/trippy side. There is a "vibration" that seems to occur on this weed, similar to the threshold feel you on the upswing of a trip. It is like the curtain is wiggling but you do not get to see what is behind!

Also one of the cuts running produces the cat piss smell. I do not really notice it but fogged it up in the basement and when I appeared upstairs the SO looked at me and said "you reek like a cat litter box"! Nevil probably would not approve but the high is great.

Last edited:
So here are some 5+ week flower shots of NSK. My favorite is the #10 as it combines very nice yeild, robust growth, hardy cloner and produces a hazy/limey smoke that cures and stores very well. Left alone (untopped) it tends to produce 4 similar size colas that produce long spears of buds.

nsk10arm.jpg

NSK10 in foreground, pc female in back, very similar growth/look actually.
IMG_47101.JPG

yeah, I kept the paranoia cut as well for some reason. You can see even with poor shots it has a very hazy profile and lacks yeild and tends to want 12+ weeks to finish.

(foreground is noia, back is a small NSK10 bud
hazenoia.jpg

hazy freak
nskfreak.jpg

I also have a cut of the "cat piss" in there somewhere. Not sure if will run again but has the classic strong haze high and really the piss smell is mostly in the bud/breakup.

This is one variety I have yet to try. You've got me looking and that's a good thing, I think :)
Thanks for the share and the edumacation brah ;)

Aloha
M

It is a great strain but does require patience. Best to grow in tandem with earlier finishers and move to edges of garden as necessary. Ends up three or four different cuts still running, but going foward I am probably only going to run #10, a big yielder and finishes 11+- weeks.

mass of NSK, the tall ones are 10, the others are pushed over in the mass.

#10 with pc in background

this strain continues to impress but do wish a tad faster! Must admit I like the look of the haze doms, but #10 cut yields so much better.

"cat piss"

"paranoid cut" (note left is cut #10, right is noia)

"number 10" (best yielder probably my favorite)

at 11 weeks, harvested the #10 but paranoid cut + cat piss still rolling

paranoid cut, totally falling over. Yielding a little better this time but still labor of love. This thing gets huge and obvious it is really wanting some equatorial grow space

this is also a very nice yielder like #10, smell like baby aspirin right now but gets a cat litter scent on cure.

and a hanger of nsk#10. I really, really like this expression of the strain and it has moved to top list of all timer favorites for sure, it really needs a month to get the limey/haze cure so a real problem to try and not puff it down. A very nice yielder to boot which is you puff a lot like me does count in the end!

Last edited:
Shot of the paranoid cut at 12 weeks(chopped). This one could go an easy 14 weeks. The lower branches were ripe at 12 but the main bud just keeps pumping out the pistils. Smoked a sample the other night and (drum roll) started thinking maybe had bedbugs in the house. Long story but it was totally in my head, the paranoid cut will do that!

Such a lovely looking plant! Sort of like the girl in the red dress in the movie Matrix. Deceptively lovely; she'll kick your ass when you least expect it. It's sometimes fun to see the faces of the Indie smokers when they get that first haze experience- after the 10-20 min wait. :D
Just started some Neville's Mango. Hope it comes with similar experiences.

Cool runnin braddahs
M

pink pheno

My favourite Neville Skunk is the pink pheno. It has a lovely candy smell and seems to trich up faster but has smaller buds. I have one running outdoors at the moment.

Nev Skunk is my most consistent performer outdoors of all the haze strains I've tried from Shanti. Similar looking plants that flower at the same time more or less with very similar buds that are always frosty. Not a big yielder but a very nice smoke.

scrubdog

What's up scrubdog, good to see you and hope you are well. Too bad I am not du as these few phenos are dying to get outside near the equator.

Musashi I hope you find something good in that pack. Actually have cure, nhaze, mangohaze(inbred) in reserve for future, but honestly other than trying the legendary NH I believe my current cuts are great haze hybrids.

Busted out the number 10 jar last night. It has cured to that great tasting lime haze flavor, the most haze tasting of the straw. What I notice about #10 is that she provides that classic musical lover haze buzz. Last night I threw on some old 89 fall tour shows and felt like I was back there on the purple jesus! Great stuff, cannot say enough good things about the NSK but it does take longer and other than 10 the yield is not great.

Back