Back Door Man- a Neville's Haze/Doors cross

Aloha fellow Firewalkers!

Going on 12 weeks, here are some bud shots. Some gnats and some mites on one plant. Got it controlled. I neglected the use of Tanglefoot on this grow and will make sure to use it next time. Seriously pregnant with good resin production, long trichomes and smelling of haze!

bud 1 11_11.jpg

bud 2 11_11.jpg

bud 3 11_11.jpg

bud 4 11_11.jpg

bud 5 11_11.jpg

bud 6 11_11.jpg

doors archetype 11_11.jpg
Lastly, the Doors archetype expression.

🤙
Mu

Aloha fellow Firewalkers!

The N4's were cut today.
bud 1 11_11.jpg

Everyone else looks to be finished within 2 weeks. The Doors males did shorten the time to maturity. Yay! Timing is perfect as the 22nd, according to The Farmer's Almanac has the moon in a favorable position. Holy Smoke and Holy Grail are in the cue!

🤙
Mu

Good to see you again brah! Hope you are doing well in your life and in your grows.

🤙
Mu

Aloha braddahs!

Looks like I'll finish up this week and the timing couldn't be better as the moon moves into its first quarter.
Some parting shots as most of the harvest will occur this week.
N7xD14 #1 11_16.jpg
N7xD14 #1

N7xD14 #4 11_16.jpg
N7xD14a #4
N7xD14 #4b 11_16.jpg
N7xD14b #4

N7xD14 #3 11_16.jpg
N7xD14 #3

N7xD14 #2 11_16.jpg
N7D14 #2

N6xD6 11_16.jpg
N6xD6

Good resin, reasonable stretch, longer trichomes and chunkier buds. All in under 14 weeks. The N4's were eliminated in this round due to weak stems. The N6's didn't have as much representation as I would have liked. The first part of the project is completed. I will have to revisit later as Holy Grail and Holy Smoke will be coming on line soon. 😁

🤙
Mu

Aloha fellow Firewalkers

The Back Door Man (Nev Haze x Doors) turned out very well. With great reluctance, I will only keep the N7 crosses in this batch as I have more combinations I need to go through yet. A solid high, I am looking forward to revisiting these and comparing to the Holy Grail at a later date. While it doesn't have the doubled up Haze C, it stands on it's own pretty well lol.

bdm2 1_1_21.jpg

bdm1b 1_1_21.jpg

🤙 Mu

Aloha braddahs!
Harvesting seeds and sampling the different phenos that were grown recently. Some of the taste characteristics of the Doors and the complete euphoria of the Nev's. The only seeds not kept were from the really short low yielding plants. I did post an album in media for anyone who might care lol.

N7xD14#3 10_24.jpg
N7xD14#1 10_31.jpg
N6xD6#3 10_24.jpg
N6xD14#1 10_31.jpg
doors archetype 11_11.jpg

🤙 Mu

Beautiful!

I'll be interested to know if, in terms of quality of effect, you find a better plant in the Back Door Man crosses than you did in the Nevs. As a sativa guy, I assume your favorite effect came from a Nevs plant, but maybe it came from a Doors plant.

Aloha dear braddahs!

I have yet to grow out the BDM DoorsxDoors crosses. I instead launched the NHxDoors crosses for my favorite effect, ah you know me so well lol. The NH crosses are giving me a mind numbing high, each toke felt in the frontal lobe with a little more body from The Doors, I assume. A fuller smoke, thicker smell, many sativa characteristics and a little heavier at touchdown. Sometimes resulting in lazy naps. More like mini power naps. I woke up with my phone in hand the other day and a half eaten candy bar in hand on a previous day lol. I'm enjoying it and mixing straight NH in between. I will try to secure some HG pollen from my current grow for use in the future BDM grow.

I would say that the primary structure of the plant including bud morphology comes from the mom (NH7 ) while dad (D14) contributes to more density, additional resin production and shorter stature. In posts 64 and 69:
The N7’s are filling in with density as well as exuding a good amount of resin. The plants appear to be denser in bud and I attribute that to the Doors dad. Foxtailing like their mom. Citrusy.
View attachment 46971
View attachment 46973

...Currently, out of the current 3 groups, I am favoring the the NH7 group for consistent structure, with most presenting with viney appearance. I am also favoring the D14 dad that seems to be contributing to resin production and adding more flower clusters.

View attachment 46784
NH7xD14 #2

View attachment 46785
NH7xD14 #3

🤙
Mu

Aloha braddahs!

The seeds are sinking but no visible radicle yet. Below, the plants used to create the seeds I will work with on this project. To answer Fish's question, taking a quick look under 30x, the cured NH samples show slender, elongated bracts covered in resin that is a bit oilier compared to the dry resin of The Doors.

View attachment 45392 View attachment 45396
The Doors #6, #14
The Males

View attachment 45393 View attachment 45394 View attachment 45395
Neville's Haze #4, #6, #7
The Females​

Shaka
Mu
You grow some mighty fine herb champion. Your head must love you.
Respect

Aloha braddahs!
Thanks for the kindness @RileyQuin !
So finally getting down to smoking some of this. Seems I am not willing to take the time to card seeded smoke when I can reach for the Doors or Nev's sensi lol. But I picked it up this morning and characteristics have changed a bit. Not as sweet smelling, it has greater depth, complexity. The crop continues to cure and things are changing. When smoked, the blend seems to have a little less of that most-top note, that edginess. A gradual climbing in elevation with purpose as opposed to max acceleration. At times, it's like being in a pressurized cabin, and the feeling of traveling forward even while sitting. Equilibrium is off a bit. A sense of clarity and ability, yet when attempted there is a slowing down to get the task done. Funny how things change from day to day minute to minute. In a word, another excellent smoke that keeps you going without bogging your body down. I am happy with the cross and hope I can find some time soon to further explore.

BDM NH7xD14 2_19.jpg

🤙Mu

Ahh, The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene! Is string theory still relevant? Last I knew it was down to 10 dimensions for it to work but still lots of flaws and much to be learned, if at all possible.

Longball

“A universe in which space and time are malleable, a universe with more dimensions than we see, a universe in which the fabric of space can rip, a universe in which everything might be composed of the vibrations of ultramicroscopic loops of energy called strings...”
It revolves around us right? Brian makes a difficult subject intelligible. We are so small in the scheme of things and yet we are blessed with a consciousness. Ha that Back Door Man has got me space and time traveling again.

🤙Mu

musashi, “A universe in which space and time are malleable, a universe with more dimensions than we see, a universe in which the fabric of space can rip, a universe in which everything might be composed of the vibrations of ultramicroscopic loops of energy called strings...” It revolves around us right? Brian makes a difficult subject intelligible. We are so small in the scheme of things and yet we are blessed with a consciousness. Ha that Back Door Man has got me space and time traveling again.

I remember string theory was making a comeback in the '70's and a friend of mine was trying to make a connection between string theory and Carlos Castaneda's series of books about 'Don Juan'. I would always pass him the bong and say; "Here, Frank, have another hit and tell me that story again!" lol I will admit, the more I smoked, the more it made sense! 😃

Longball

That PBS series that Brian Greene did a number of years ago blew me away. Anyone who has ever taken a “journey” has some comprehension of these things.

🤙Mu

Back