Ash phenos/Ash: Tell it!

OlympusMons

Hi all,

From those of you who have grown this strain to those of us who are considering it or mean to, what can you tell us of phenos for this strain? I mean, given the understandable popularity of SSH and Widow, I have the impression that this might be a somewhat overlooked killer strain and I want to know as much about it as I can. Anyone care to offer a great drink of the Ash cosmos to a thirsty mind? :cool:

OlympusMons

Ash = Awesome SHit

OlympusMons,

Get a pack and make sure that you keep a cutting or two of each that you grow out. I grew this prior and mistakenly culled some of the clones before the project grow was finished... my bad! One of the phenos was killer! The one culled was a short finisher, yield was very good and the smoke/effect was great! I learned my lesson on this grow (keep all project clones), so get a pack and be faithful to the end.

ASH is a very rewarding strain to have in your collection.

Bilbo :)

I Grew 6 ASH on my bedroom balcony last summer, let me tell you the sweet skunky aromas where to die for. I used it for bubble hash.

Culled 5, Kept the Squat indica

Resulted in a very "mellow mood"

IMO these afghany strain's a perfect for hash, especially bubble hash. nothing you can turn your nose up to anyway. If your after a buzz aldrin high go after the satvia dominant pheno

I Grew 6 ASH on my bedroom balcony last summer, let me tell you the sweet skunky aromas where to die for. I used it for bubble hash.

Culled 5, Kept the Squat indica

Resulted in a very "mellow mood"

IMO these afghany strain's a perfect for hash, especially bubble hash. nothing you can turn your nose up to anyway. If your after a buzz aldrin high go after the satvia dominant pheno

When you used these for bubble hash, did you work the flowers into the hash too, or did you pull the buds aside?

When you used these for bubble hash, did you work the flowers into the hash too, or did you pull the buds aside?

Best to run the bud's 1st wash and 2nd wash.

Ideally keep the leaf and finer stems in a separate wash to the buds as the leaf wash will come out a lot greener due to chlorophyll

well worth it, bubble hash is in a league of it's own

Last season grew 8, 6 females two males, one male and one female outstanding, the preferred "pistils" creamy white, with very marked abundant chalices, the fan leaves are large medium green with broad leaves at first after three months explodes into growth and become much closer and up to 11 leaves, smell the stem to Mango, powerful high vine in the first hour and a half to 3 hours after fantastic : D

Last edited:
phenos ash

i heard from a wide range of phenos like short sturdy and fast flowering with big buds wich came near to the ssh indica leaning phenotypes. there are also very late flowering haze leaning types with outstanding aromes.
the weirdest plants you can get from this strain was something that looked just like dr. grinsspoon- with very uplifting effects and an acceptable flowering time. but thats a game of numbers and you need a lot of luck to get that one.

I was puzzled for a while thinking the flavour of ASH was familiar...... It was actually pissing me off i couldn't think about where i had tasted it before although i knew i had never tried "ash"

Couple years back in amsterdam i tried SAGE from th and it's remarkably similar, the Afghan blend of satvia/indica is 100%proof

Anyhow i checked on euseedfinder, My hunch was correct both plants have pretty much the same genetic makeup

If not too late i will plant out some ash this summer

I rushed through some ASH seed plants a few years ago. All I can remember is they were compact Afghani shape.

Have you tried bubble hash from a fresh plant? The yield is less but the blonde hash has a whole other flavor. The bubble I made from frozen MedMan2 was the best I've ever tasted. It's cool how each extraction method creates a different scent/flavor from the same flower.

Yo HHG, never tried it fresh as cut on the same day i guess i was always a bit worried of the greenish chlorophyll looking hash. Do you find the trics brittle enough on fresh trim and buds?

Yo HHG, never tried it fresh as cut on the same day i guess i was always a bit worried of the greenish chlorophyll looking hash. Do you find the trics brittle enough on fresh trim and buds?

Yes if frozen

hi
i grow ASH and i use only 3 seeds, and i make clones. have super crazy indica pheno with no haze flavor but with berries flavor and she finish in 65days.high was narcotic!!! super danse buds 750g m2 ,ec 1,6/start ec of tap water 0,7ec/all i can say MONSTER PLANT from Shanti,easy to grow and hard.i know with this strain you can grow from 700-900g/m2 or more EASY.MONSTER PLANT!!!!!!!

Ash Phenos

From my reading on the boards, there is a special pheno which may pop out regardless of plant structure and that is an aroma of ginger.

Otherwise, from my own limited experience growing this plant- christmas tree shape, great structure, vigorous- and the one female I have dealt with so far smells very sour and fuelly- like sour diesel.

No herms outdoors, but at week 4-5 picking a few nanners off some top buds indoors on a few cuttings- only 2 of the total plants are throwing them and not bad....may have a light leak or ph issue- to be ctd on this one. Will advise.

The effect is old school feel, good body effect and not much heart racing etc.

Addendum

Reading through the forum, MegaWatts threat 'Incredible ASH" his ash #6 pheno seems to be what I have here as they refer to a definite sweet and sour smell- that is for certain the aromas I am getting and smaller buds that run the entire branch, big thick white hairs and then she stacks up like a skunk the last week or 2. Outdoors in northern hemisphere she was done by Oct 1. Indoors, looks like this one will finish in 7-8 weeks

Everytime I read a threat on ASH again, I want to pop my ASH beans ...
Got a good amount of them too...

But so many varieties ahead of it...

I need a bigger garden :D

Gardens

More space...- I think that is all too common a feeling :)

I find it amazing the different varities- like Shanti has said- your hazes/sativas are like champagne and indicas like red wine and the secret is finding a mix of the two that really shines :) While discovery is nice, so is the journey!

ive got some on the way so a can not wait i will be germinating them as soon as thay get here asi want some mums:D

Mine were mainly Afghan phenotype. Solid skunky pyramids, tight thick buds with a unique cinnamon flavor. One good hit was enough, a joint would always go out after a couple puffs. ASH is so overlooked.

I'm down to my last jar of ASH. This jar is the part of the plant I brushed with the U2 male I had selected to backcross the U2 females. So it is lightly seeded mature bud.

It still has the most unique cinnamon red hot candies flavor. These are in 9 months of cure and it is like smoking hashish. There are hints of fresh split oak, leather, and the cinnamon. A couple of puffs and I'm good.
Resized_20200907_090410_4256[1].jpegResized_20200907_090515_6180[1].jpegResized_20200907_090740_5444[1].jpeg

Back