any of you full trim when wet? (off the branch and all)

noworries

looking to see how people slow down their dry after trimming completely and using racks.

I've been using a spin pro, does a fantastic job but i'm drying way too fast.

To slow down the time it takes for drying, increase the RH of the room you are drying in. You can pick a up a basic humidifier for next to nothing,
ps use distilled water in it.

Don't trim, don't even pull the big fans if you can avoid it.

Used to think wet trimming was the way to go ... until I tried untrimmed bud vs same bud trimmed wet.

well the untrimmed bud is 10x smoother. Not trimming wet will slow your dry times down, that's your problem, and the herb will be better no question about that.

Stick A Box Of Apples Or Bananas In Your Drying Room. The Fruit Releases Ethylene Which Helps In The Curing/Drying Proccess
To Tired To Fully Explain. Just Something I Remembered
JKP

Don't trim, don't even pull the big fans if you can avoid it.

Used to think wet trimming was the way to go ... until I tried untrimmed bud vs same bud trimmed wet.

well the untrimmed bud is 10x smoother. Not trimming wet will slow your dry times down, that's your problem, and the herb will be better no question about that.

.... 10 times more better? no exaggeration there wot ....

.... 10 times more better? no exaggeration there wot ....

lol, who knows what percentage better but to me there is a night and day difference between plants dried with all the material in tact vs plants dried when trimmed wet. assuming a controlled environment is involved.

that's all I was getting at.

and every strain is different. Some strains you can lap up no cure at all but even said strain dried slowly with all material on should taste and burn smoother, much smoother.

the high also settles down and becomes more user friendly after a proper cure. Now whether trimming wet or not affects this area I do not know. I imagine it might.

Also humidity levels should always be considered, in places of high humidity, here, often a bit of a wet trim can be in order to prevent mold.

When you trim wet, the pith leaks out of the vegetation and onto the buds which causes the smoke to be harsh.

Peace.

lol, who knows what percentage better but to me there is a night and day difference between plants dried with all the material in tact vs plants dried when trimmed wet. assuming a controlled environment is involved.

that's all I was getting at.

and every strain is different. Some strains you can lap up no cure at all but even said strain dried slowly with all material on should taste and burn smoother, much smoother.

the high also settles down and becomes more user friendly after a proper cure. Now whether trimming wet or not affects this area I do not know. I imagine it might.

Also humidity levels should always be considered, in places of high humidity, here, often a bit of a wet trim can be in order to prevent mold.

I joke, but yes, I'm sure it can affect flavor as you say... I haven't noticed a big diff though. My only real issue is dealing with the effects of natural humidity or lack thereof ... getting stuff to dry during the humidity of summer even though I run a dehumidifier is tough, and they turn into a crumbling pile of dust in the winter in a blink. I work at it, but unfortunately, I don't always have the time to nurse them along as meticulously as I would like.

From what I've read "Pith" is a structural component that contains and the nutrient solution or what you might think of as sap. So I guess when the pith are damaged the nutrients or sap can leak out.

Only when I gotta split that shit with a partner and nobody can be trusted to dry it themselves. I like to trim the fans off and let the rest dry a few days before doing a thorough trim in an ideal situation.

I'm telling you man, don't trim. If anything pull the big fans only.

My advice would be hang for 2 - 3 days untrimmed. Then pull only big fans off.

At this point I would put them in a covered cardboard box. Reason being, the air circulating around a hung plant is much greater than if it were in a box.

Give it a try :)

I'm telling you man, don't trim. If anything pull the big fans only.

My advice would be hang for 2 - 3 days untrimmed. Then pull only big fans off.

At this point I would put them in a covered cardboard box. Reason being, the air circulating around a hung plant is much greater than if it were in a box.

Give it a try :)

Senor(a?) Puday, I'm going to test your theory on my Shit plant #1. She had a visit from the Reaper yesterday morning, and is hanging (four main colas) with all her leaves intact. Also did this with the main bud from an Attitude freebie Raw Diesel.

As a 'control' I snipped a couple minor buds off, and trimmed them up as I normally do: A pretty close trim, including about 2/3 length of the 'sugar leaves,' prior to any drying. Pretty much off the hanger dry & into the jar was my previous MO.

I can live with a little more crunchy mess trimming some air-dried buds if the resulting smoke is that much kinder. :) It's not like we're dealing with bales of the Shit over here, yet, and the raw air-dry fresh popped from #2 and #4 is Fruity Pebble goodness.

So in awhile I shall report back with some smoke reports: This inagural run of Shit is my equivalent of 'holiday baking' and shall be almost entirely gifted away. :p

Last edited:
^^^
That method works well.
My method
-I usually trim the fans/suns only previous to drying*
-Dry for 5-10 days depending on RH
-Place in a paper sack and continue drying/curing process for another 2-6 weeks, letting flavors and aromas develop without over drying.
-Place in an air tight container for storage.

* The sugar leaves will lose their turgidness and fold down (or can be rolled down) over the outside of the buds thereby protecting the trichomes from damage during storage and while handling.

Stick A Box Of Apples Or Bananas In Your Drying Room. The Fruit Releases Ethylene Which Helps In The Curing/Drying Proccess
To Tired To Fully Explain. Just Something I Remembered
JKP

Yep, I have heard about the banana trick, and read about the reason why it works too..seems legit..

If I want my smoke to taste better, I cut the plant at the base of the stem after flushing for a week.. then hang upside down on a clothes horse..(lol)

wait several days, keep checking on it.. and then triom once ready.. IT does take much longer to dry this way, and yeh it can be worse/harder to trim after its dry too sometimes.. If the weed/plent looks like it will be a pain to trim, I will take off ONLY the parts which will be harder to remove once dry..

If it is 'really' leafy and looks like it will be aproper PITA to de leaf and manicure when dry, I will simply do when wet..lol It is MUCH easier with some weed/strains..

Have always been a total trim at chop guy. Just sitting here after pulling a couple blueberry bushes thinking about leaving all the foliage on. Already trimmed one, we'll see what a side by side produces. That and I really don't feeling like messing with them anymore tonight.

I hung my plants whole until the stems kind of cracked when you bent them. The first ones I tried this with went into the jars too soon but the second batch was perfect. Some real smooth smoke!

I'll be doing the same with my outside girls, but I'm not sure I can hang the eight footer whole! :):):):):eek:

Back