Angel Heart LED Tent Living soil 2021

RileyQuin

So it begins with a bit of crystal magik. Sharing a tent with some Roberts Creek Congo (Vision Creator), Limorilla x Lime1bx (Brandon Rust) and a seed from the Mr Nice NL#5 x Haze i just grew pollen donor unknown as in all the tent i could not find a nad. I think Chemdawg did it by reputation. It was an exceptional NL#5 x Haze so worth popping one for shits and giggles. Chemdawg has created some legendary strains with its stray pollen so i'm just curious.

Attachments

• screenshot-www-instagram-com-p-CKfPnV7Bw9-1611777036017.png
    screenshot-www-instagram-com-p-CKfPnV7Bw9-1611777036017.png
    421.2 KB · Views: 18
So it begins with a bit of crystal magik. Sharing a tent with some Roberts Creek Congo (Vision Creator), Limorilla x Lime1bx (Brandon Rust) and a seed from the Mr Nice NL#5 x Haze i just grew pollen donor unknown as in all the tent i could not find a nad. I think Chemdawg did it by reputation. It was an exceptional NL#5 x Haze so worth popping one for shits and giggles. Chemdawg has created some legendary strains with its stray pollen so i'm just curious.
subbed

The journey begins. I find this a really fascinating cross and quite honestly I'm.puzzled why it's not one of the more popular strains. Can't fault the parents.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210131-180416_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210131-180416_Gallery.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 7
l am most excited to see some of Brandon Rust's work! HE is one of the more informative and IMO competent organic growing guests. Did you see Matt Powers(charles Manson lookin guy) on the recent episode about EM? literally said so much nothing on the subject, that I felt less informed about a subject I know a decent amount about after having listening to him speak. the other guy(cant spell his name) had many useful anecdotes.

Yes Brandon is crushing it. Just a good human too. Very helpful and approachable in regards to sharing his considerable knowledge on living soil scale craft quality cannabis. I have 2 of his Limorilla X Lime1Bx going. Reg seed and beautiful short stocky solid plants almost identical. I think Brandon Rust will be a leading breeder in the future as well as a leader in cultivation. He is not charging a fortune for seeds so people can afford the quality strains even on a pension like me. Same as Shantibaba it's about the plant and getting good medicine to all not just the wealthy. I have a lot of respect for Mr Rust that's for sure.

Here is the Angel Heart today.
signal-2021-03-03-132916.jpgsignal-2021-03-03-132559.jpg

Actually the top plant is a NL#5 X Haze X ??? from my last run. Something pollinated the NL#5 X Haze. I couldn't find a single nad on any plant but ChemDawg was next to it with the fan blowing behind so I'm thinking it's the guilty party. It's easily the most vigorous plant in the tent. Who knows what comes from her.

It went male unfortunately. Next run was Roberts Creek Congo S1's from Vision Creator ( unbelievable stuff. Super highly recommended. Not Red Congo from Ace or other Congo's..this is unique and up there with anything I have ever come across. Killer in every way. Not an ad...just know plenty of sativa fans here. You need this in your life in the words of Kevin Jodrey who is a good judge of elite genetics.

I look forward to growing out some more of Shantibaba's work but atm I am not growing anything except RCC and a NL#5 X Haze X ChemDawg I created and turned out like an 8 week early 90"s NL#5 in effect and the look and structure of the HSO ChemDawg that sneakily pollinated the Mr Nice NL#5 X Haze. No real terps which is not surprising given the NL#5 effects. That cuts now floating around. Emma Jane's Lights after a friend who deserves a cannabis strain named after her and a special one. ChemDawg has created a few amazing offspring in its time. I was pissed off at the time but the NL#5 X Haze was an amazing pheno. Very very strong and 9 weeks ( seeded ) and the ChemDawg was quick and squat.

Old farts like me like me miss the old NL#5.

Bummer about the AH being a male. I've got a pack I got in the auction and I've been looking for more info on it. I'm hoping I can turn up a keeper with some interesting flavors.

Thanks for coming back to reply

I think if you are seeking quality of effect then you can't go wrong. Shanti's genetics have never let me down in the sheer quality of the effects and lines like the NL#5' X Haze are in my book as good as any current hype cut or strain. Last one I grew consistently got me so high and with no ceiling that for the first time in decades I questioned if I was too high to go into the grocery store. I am an all day 2 Ozs a week smoker of 37 years and that just doesn't normally occur.

I"d be confident in finding gold. I only popped the one bean so I have more to try later

I'm really excited to try out both strains I picked up as I've heard many good things about MNS and Shanti.

I usually would go for the heavier indica hybrids and chase the highest THC%, but found a very enjoyable tangerine haze x truth cross at a dispensary not too long ago that hit well out of it's 17% THC weight class and has a flavor of ripe tangerines. A joint of that or two on a mild day is just sublime.

I should go get more of that while I wait :unsure:... anyway, inspiring stuff, really changed how I feel about sativa and THC% in general. Also as a guy who started smoking in the 90s I miss some of the flavors and names and want to have some nostalgic grows and smokes. Good haze/skunk/chemdawg/sourD and the like were your guys headstash and if you were lucky he'd puff one with you but you'd never get your greasy mitts on a bag!

Ideally I'll find a flavorful mango haze or a fruity skunk pheno with a nice lofty high to scratch that itch... or maybe something else entirely.

I am not in the must have high THC camp. With so many active molecules in herb to focus on the THC % makes no sense to me regardless of the fact it's the most psychoactive. It's far from the only game in town as far as the effect's of cannabis are concerned.

Roberts Creek Congo is a perfect example. Robbie said when I got the seeds " it's "only" 18% THC but the best 18% you will ever have" and he was spot on. It's probably the strongest weed I have ever had. Nevils Haze equal. I passed around RCC at a party in the hills behind Byron Bay to a bunch of very experienced heads and growers and everybody was wowed. I've had plenty of 30% * gear through the legal medical and RCC is on another level yet half the %.

Take time to cure anything with haze or indeed most of the elite sativas. RCC evolved in the jar and increased in strength of effect and length of the high doubled. 4 to 5 hours very high from a small amount. So many synergies happening in herb THC only is not the magic. THC on its own isn't ganja. You are in the best genetic hands here. Nobody can dispute the quality of the breeding stock Shantibaba has nor do the people claiming to have the authentic genetics actually have the authenticity of person let alone breeding stock. The rush to cash in and rewrite history when Nevil passed away with the legalisation timed perfectly for their purposes. If you want Nevils genetics look here. If you want all the Greenhouse seeds strains Shantibaba created then buy them here. You know you are getting some real cannabis history in a seed and each with potential to be the best smoke you will ever have.

...Old farts like me...
...You are in the best genetic hands here. Nobody can dispute the quality of the breeding stock Shantibaba has nor do the people claiming to have the authentic genetics actually have the authenticity of person let alone breeding stock. The rush to cash in and rewrite history when Nevil passed away with the legalisation timed perfectly for their purposes. If you want Nevils genetics look here. If you want all the Greenhouse seeds strains Shantibaba created then buy them here. You know you are getting some real cannabis history in a seed and each with potential to be the best smoke you will ever have...
...Shanti's genetics have never let me down in the sheer quality of the effects and lines like the NL#5' X Haze are in my book as good as any current hype cut or strain. Last one I grew consistently got me so high and with no ceiling..

Amen. Clearly, some solid experience behind these words.

🤙Mu

I am not in the must have high THC camp. With so many active molecules in herb to focus on the THC % makes no sense to me regardless of the fact it's the most psychoactive. It's far from the only game in town as far as the effect's of cannabis are concerned.

Roberts Creek Congo is a perfect example. Robbie said when I got the seeds " it's "only" 18% THC but the best 18% you will ever have" and he was spot on. It's probably the strongest weed I have ever had. Nevils Haze equal. I passed around RCC at a party in the hills behind Byron Bay to a bunch of very experienced heads and growers and everybody was wowed. I've had plenty of 30% * gear through the legal medical and RCC is on another level yet half the %.

Take time to cure anything with haze or indeed most of the elite sativas. RCC evolved in the jar and increased in strength of effect and length of the high doubled. 4 to 5 hours very high from a small amount. So many synergies happening in herb THC only is not the magic. THC on its own isn't ganja. You are in the best genetic hands here. Nobody can dispute the quality of the breeding stock Shantibaba has nor do the people claiming to have the authentic genetics actually have the authenticity of person let alone breeding stock. The rush to cash in and rewrite history when Nevil passed away with the legalisation timed perfectly for their purposes. If you want Nevils genetics look here. If you want all the Greenhouse seeds strains Shantibaba created then buy them here. You know you are getting some real cannabis history in a seed and each with potential to be the best smoke you will ever have.

cool story! I love growing the 88g13hp x 80s indica cut hybrids by bodhi for similar reasons. except, some of them do push close 30% thc. and floor old timers sometimes with how amazing it is, and how similar it is to something from memory. its the best compliment in the world when someone in thier 60's or 70's says that "this is the best weed I have had since the 80s" I bet that Congo is in that category!!!!

Thanks guys, I am a lot less concerned about total THC content or even strong effects. It's what I used to prioritize when I was buying dispensary weed trying to stretch my funds. Since I've started growing my own my priorities have changed to focus on the full experience these plants can offer. Usually these days I fall for a strain based on it's terp profiles and smoke scent, with effects being a secondary concern.

I'm looking through these for the flavors and scents mentioned in the strain description. This quote seems like a strong recommendation that the strain has good flavor profiles to offer on its own or in a cross.

If there was a plant close to perfect in flavor I would advocate this one

You mention NL#5 muting scents and flavors from the strain it's in wasn't a surprise. Is this something you've seen/heard of in strains with small amounts of NL#5 (12.5% in the case of AH)? Or is it just one of those things that can happen?

I'd be inclined to cull anything that has no flavor and as I plan to collect pollen to produce more seed, I'd be doubly worried about males I use passing that gene on to progeny. Since terp profile can change so much over the life of the plant, it's virtually impossible to know how finished flower will smell or taste until it's been in the jar a minimum of a month. My last harvest was bland and boring until it had a month in the jar. It keeps getting better as I've been able to keep it in that 60-65% range.

I think the only African strain I've ever tried is Durban Poison. It's another one on my bucket list of strains to grow. That Congo sounds like a real treat, I went looking and found someone posted a smoke report from some bought at a BC dispensary and it sounded pretty awesome.

I remember when NL#5 first appeared in my area around the late 80's early 90's it was so different to anything local. It was Kermit green and while it's not without terps nobody would call NL#5 a loud strain. It's the quality of the effect that is legendary. I still think it's the perfect Indica stoney high.
RCC is very terpy with a strong lemon and leather boot polish smell.

I don't personally get caught up with numbers I grow for effect and effect doesn't necessarily mean stronger is better. The many nuances in the effects of cannabis provide strains that suit different occasions. The main thing is just grow weed you enjoy. I like the RCC for the wake up and go fuck the absolute shit out of the day herb. It's not sit on the couch weed.

Top Roberts Creek Congo
Bottom - Emma Jane's Lights ( NL#5 X Haze X ChemDawg )

Attachments

• signal-2021-05-12-125357.jpg
    signal-2021-05-12-125357.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 27
  • signal-2021-05-05-081109.jpg
    signal-2021-05-05-081109.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 28
Goodness those look amazing. I can see why you like that Congo, that's a nice dense looking sativa nug with some sparkles! The chemdawg cross looks real nice too.

Roberts Creek Congo is very chunky and incredibly resinous. Super strong terps and the high is as close to a psychedelic I've had and I'm quite well versed in that dept. It's truly unique and all sativa lovers should get a copy of Vision Creator's gift to us sativa freaks. Those are 69 days flowering the EJs Lights was 8 weeks flower.

The EJs Lights ( NL#5 X Haze X ChemDawg ) was put up against a line up of all the available legal medical cannabis in Australia and the feedback from everyone was positive. I am glad I took cuts and a friend has a mother of both Congo phenos ( one was a runt.... incredibly strong....the other I called the stacker pheno and its structure indoors under LED was like a sativa Big Bud.

Two different RCC phenos

Attachments

• signal-2021-04-21-191611.jpg
    signal-2021-04-21-191611.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 26
  • signal-2021-04-27-144839.jpg
    signal-2021-04-27-144839.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 26
  • signal-2021-04-28-183843 (3).jpg
    signal-2021-04-28-183843 (3).jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 25
  • signal-2021-04-28-183843 (4).jpg
    signal-2021-04-28-183843 (4).jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 21
  • signal-2021-04-28-183843 (2).jpg
    signal-2021-04-28-183843 (2).jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 17
  • signal-2021-04-28-183843 (1).jpg
    signal-2021-04-28-183843 (1).jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 17
  • signal-2021-04-28-183843.jpg
    signal-2021-04-28-183843.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 21
This is not an ad for RCC!
I should point out that the following EJs Lights ( NL#5 X Haze X ChemDawg ) is why I grow Shantibaba's genetics. Their pedigree is impeccable so and worked with big numbers. The NL#5 X Haze is still my all time favourite hybrid and if anything the last refresh improved the vigour. The vigour carried into the offspring. Incredibly fast growing and 8 weeks flower. NL#5 effects. Struck gold.

Attachments

• signal-2021-04-21-211021.jpg
    signal-2021-04-21-211021.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 23
  • signal-2021-04-25-214759.jpg
    signal-2021-04-25-214759.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 27
  • signal-2021-04-22-213122.jpg
    signal-2021-04-22-213122.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 29
  • signal-2021-04-27-145221.jpg
    signal-2021-04-27-145221.jpg