After Nevil's pasing, Sam weighs in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, how y'all doing? Hey Wisp no worries I didn't feel like you were ranting at me.

The whole "cannabis icons" wagon is linked, some of them are really aware about what is going on and stay very far from it, there are clearly big forces playing in the back field claiming their piece of the cake. We all know Watson and High Times were good friends, how in the heck Arjan became the king of cannabis in a blink of an eye, out of nowhere? Claiming it worldwide on a High Times cover. I've lost track of the document in question but I remember reading somewhere that mr. Watson had his personal squad in order to collect landraces worldwide and spread bad genes in rural genetics in order to have and mantain the only and real landrace. Could be Stains Hunters? Arjan is a narcissist business man, Franco came from SIMM and he was doing very fine there with James Burton unless Franco joined StrainsHunters/GH. Franco also was in contact with many gov departments all over the world, mainly in Africa, as a sourceman to prepare and shape laws for the future legalizations. Thank god we came to an era where the final patient/costumer is the focus and not to chase strains all over the world also risking your life, its fine to claim strains paternity but at the end of the day, ego and selfishness will destroy the eventual good work. Nobody want to deal with mercenary egocentic sharks no more

If money's your big thing, that's easy and fine imo.
It's when you've got other ideological motivation, that's when shit gets deep..
I can imagine someone that despises the plant or the people associated with it
coming up with ideas far more nefarious then just greed.

I can only think of one other breeder that would get this hostile, derogatory, defamatory, and obsessed with making sure he was given his "due respect;" it was a breeder who was busted by the DEA running his "west coast" operations out of Connecticut and Massachusetts, in a couple of stealth suburban house grows.... literally closet pollen chucking. Somehow, someone from that bust decided to take others down too, and became an informant

What's funny is, this sounds almost exactly like Dave Watsons story, but its Greg Krzanowski of reservoir seeds. Dave managed to stay out of jail, and decided to pursue getting all the credit for all cannabis via patents / trademarks with gw pharm / hortapharm. Their parallels are uncanny though

Its been a couple of years since this post and it may not be relevant anymore, but Greg Krzanowski is Chemdog, not Reservoir seeds. Greg Semple is Reservoir seeds and is the one who cooperated and caused people like Chemdog and Gypsy Nirvana a lot of trouble. Documents are online. Just wanted to make sure that is known, because he is attempting a comeback. Don't mean to derail the thread at all.

Hi All

the industry of Cannabis has many different characters in it. Some people like to make money, some people like to make new strains , others see a free ride on the back of popular generic names, and so on...it embraces all types and all creeds. Whether a person`s motivation is correct or not is really subjective and based on their goals.
After the hype of the last few years of mainstream media and governmental advice to curb health issues we can all see that the actual facts come out later not during the time of issue! This is the same in most industries with most characters. The Cannabis seed industry has been able to bs most growers and continues to since it takes at least 3 to 6 months for new name strains to be tested by growers giving companies time to catch up to working correctly or else maintain a so called strain standard. There has been no controls on seed companies and their marketing ploys and this remains till today. Generic names are copied without the same original genetics been used, and so forth...so when people wish to seemingly be the first to initiate a new strain the copies will depend upon how well the strain is received. But it is basically a cowboy industry at the foundation of it, which is the reason many so called big companies perpetuate this scenario due to marketing, branding and money. But if these so called seed companies that exist for some decades are based on lies and inferior work just to cater for winning money, then all those companies that believe or buy into this hype are continuing this and reinforcing this bs foundation. It has gone on so long that most forgot they were based on bs and start to believe the hype others offer them for the thanks of supplying seeds at low prices.
While there are exceptionally talented people in this industry also, most money companies ride on their backs and profit greater than the originators. These are facts, not opinion!
As an independently and privately owned seed breeder owning several companies in this industry , and a friend to most companies due to supply accords...well I see most things quickly. I prefer to exist as a less popular seedbank but still in control of all facets of my origins and production within this industry. I really do not trust many to do a lot of the real searching of genetics as in recent times all we see on the market are kush and skunk polyhybrids without most knowing much except how to spray macho liquid and make female seeds of something in mode! Many companies do not even hold males anymore...so while our industry has developed and become legal(which is a wonderful accomplishment), the controls and regulations for Cannabis seed companies really are slim pickings and have not developed within our industry, but from medical patients demands! I do believe CBD crew was the first project that many seed companies joined together in, to share genetics and really achieve the goal of no bs strain description...but all science. So there is proof it can occur, but it is special events not daily events at present. I hope this changes one day.

Anyway enough of my rant...was just sharing a point of view as someone deeply inside this arena.

All the best Shantibaba

When you have been around long enough, you realize

greener grass.png

"Whether a person`s motivation is correct or not is really subjective and based on their goals."

I get it, some believe the newscaster (talking head) to be the expert as they spout mere opinion, which is often propaganda. People gonna believe what they choose to believe. I think we can agree- lots of strains to get high on; a few good, bona fide breeders. Through study, trial and error, we learn the truth and find what works best for us. It's the Old Scool Classics for me.

Just take those old records classics off the shelf
I'll sit and listen to grow 'em by myself
Today's music weed ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock 'n' roll hazy bowl.
~ the other Bob Seger

mu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back