After Nevil's pasing, Sam weighs in

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? You are right about it being technically legal at the time (IIRC). And at the same time you are right about the heavy handed US government.

Your language, especially when you get rattled is legitimately hard to follow, in my opinion.

bluntmassa-albums-seeds-picture13760-f8e4e3565654e83774ff78d336c7a1f5.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah you rattled me dickhead, making me not tell you a story you already knew, I'm quaking in my boots, fool... the issues with me and you find it alright to attack me. you play a victim, as you do with plenty others here. Been doing it for a long time..not sure if should feel sorry for you and your issues or think of you as the wanker you come across as . Either way, looking forward to our next conversation... and the pm for getting on your case.. I said I wouldn't and I tried not too, lol.. actually I didn't, untill reading crocadile tear posts..

Last edited:
Aloha braddahs!

Happy-Valentines-Day-750x430.jpg
And Happy Valentine's Day!

I don't know what it is about Sam or Nevil but when their names are mentioned, it gets blood boiling. Most were not there but yet are invested in hyperventilation when the subject comes up.

Shanti was kind enough to offer clarity on page 2 only to have the following 3 pages filled with "petty shit" as somewhat stated. Talk about "time wasters", even to the point both parties re-editing their posts to be right. Hopefully, it is just an effort to better communicate ones position. Unfortunately, it appears a downward slope.

It is merely one site on the "world wide web". Step away from the screen, ground yourselves, and come back to reality folks.

Shaka
Mu

I apologized and tried to explain.

I don't consider editing a malicious tool. I have spell correct and often the post intended is not what appears on the page.

I have tagged Growstone with the name that I think is funny, old salt, because he called someone else that. It just means cranky old man of the sea. I picture him with a storm raging behind him. I will cease and desist.

I do, unfortunately, find his raging on the hilarious side. My bad.

The other side has flung (IIRC) cupcake, wanker, victim, know it all, and I THINK jerk. All on this thread. I have used old salt. He can call me whenever he wants. I don't mind.

Last edited:
He just an argumentative c&nt, its his entertainment, nothing else in life would be my guess. Read back and ask, why, why continue when he knew..Yeah was rude of cupcake wanker to get antsy at a post I made, then dramatise a thread as is his way.. pity coming after shantis posts and some good points for a conversation. Pity some are so paranoid and need to cry loudly..
Oh old salt was name calling? Lol, I didn't r alise, thought it was was something about being a know it all dick like the other old salt, lol, but that's spice, I keep forgetting . Old salt is a taller of tales, hence why I didn't get it, as I don't tell tales, as you wanted me to..
Oh plant man the victim posts.. I called you what you after after you think you can attack me for joining a conversation.. i see you as pathetic dude. A veteran of forums, around 12 years wasted on forums, think about that for a minute, with what you have to offer/knowledge, says a lot or rather nothing of any use...

Last edited:
I'll let you have last word, that's fine. Old salt, you called me old salt because I called somebody that. Oh my. wow, can't believe you would remember that.. wow. That's blown me away, how pathetic one's life must be to remember another using the wrong name.. but I do recall you being a spelling corrector, so it fits..

Editing posts to be right? I'll edit the whole fucking thing mate. But no I haven't. I had to go back and look, see if that tactic was used against me ... I edited one post and that was before any answer. Pmb edited one post after my answer but that was an added point. Neither of us used that in that way.. you adding to our patheticness for no reason and you don't have to, we have it fairly well covered.. Edit to correct spelling or add that last point. Never go back to change original post to be right. How can you be right when your conversing with somebody who's entertainment/enjoyment is to argue and piss people off, cause he finds it hilarious ..

Last edited:
HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA

I have a memory, faulty as it is. I did find it hilarious, so I remembered it. It was ironic due to how salty your posts tend to be. If you could just stop hyperventilating and chill, you would probably see at least a glimpse of humor in it.

I truly don't understand why you find my posts so infuriating. I tend to disbelieve most of the "history" because they are ALL (no hyperbole) rife with misinformation. Is it because I don't "believe" a certain take?

I believe what I vape or eat or rub on my achy joints.

Have a great day Growstone. :)

Never once hypoventilate, no spit leaves my mouth, more chilli than you know. But I can't stand assholes who's whole enjoyment is being an asshole . Aussie English, we don't fuck around, make your point and fuck off is ours.. yours is long winded, little egotistical and with a touch of self-entitilness, to be yank American... I like to converse. you wanna piss me off for fun, can do that to, I'll always play along .

Wow, a fame war over Dave, Nevil and Todd and I missed out? Maybe just as well or I would be in Band Camp with them.

One point I will make that was raised in this debate: I say that Google is useless as a source of information on the underground weed scene from 1960 to 1999. That is 95% bullshit. As is most of the stuff on Wikipedia. It was all black market and subject to personal experience and is highly subjective. I have read so much trash about what happened in Berkeley, Big Sur, The Haight, Monterey and Santa Cruz it is pathetic. My view and memory living there in those times is quite different. Of course my view is also limited to my own experience. But... what I saw and experience was in line with what a few like Kamstra, Wolfe and Beisler wrote in their books. Even they have a lot of embellishments. Also much of what I experienced people simply do not believe. They were very different times and a lot of crazy and wild things happened. 90% of which was undocumented. Like today, newspapers had their yellow journalism to sell, and like today, things were very divided politically over the War in Vietnam and with Civil Rights. So much of what was printed in the SF Chronicle was rather jaded then, as it is still today. So is what is written in a lot of books about the 60s. Its mostly opinion, and not fact.

In the end regarding the Nevil seed drop by Todd, I was happy to see that MrNice released a Nevil Haze tribute strain at less than 1/3 of what Todd was selling his beans for. And with 10x the integrity. As for who bred original Haze? Or what is in it? Or who sold what to whom and who gifted what to whom and who bread what with what... anyone's guess. Many opinions prevail. It has become a cult following. It has been many generations from 1969 to today and even two more generations of humans. I have gone back to growing and breeding the original strains from my collection that Haze is said to be from. Colombian Gold, Colombian Punto Rojo, Colombian Punta Roja and the like. I have those original bag weed landrace strain seeds that I froze from the 1970s. Believe it or not. It does not really matter to me. I am leaning toward Haze being mainly Colombian Gold landrace circa 1977. That was very common weed in NorCal in that time. My brother moved many pounds of it out of San Miguel Canyon in Prunedale, which just happens to be just south of Corrolitos. It has a good clear high to it. Like soft snow settling on your brain. Its a tough strain to grow though. Very late maturing and highly variable phenotypes.

Anyway, my latent 2 cents worth. May you live in interesting times and live long enough to tell about it. People will argue with you about what you tell though.

Last edited:
Did BigHerb pose those questions to him recently? I havent been able to track him down for quite some time and would love to talk to him again.

Also, I'd love to know if Sam was so close with the Hsze crew why he doesnt mention the lady, C. Only one person I know has actual provenance (all those original haze posters - the originals - where mine came from) has been insistent that C was the breeder of Original Haze. While Sam's provenance lies in holding and passing the original genetics, and thats a valid claim, these are two major competing claims. C and R.L. were the two main people, one of them being a female. Also, the claim was that the Haze Brothers were given their name by the dealers - they were transport/security to isolate the growers from the dealers. This isn't my own info, but info obtained from the one person easy to find from the Haze crew. I dont mean to be secretive, hell anyone can do the research and figure out who I am referring to that gave this info, but out of respect for him and knowing newbs will bombard him asking for free posters and seeds.

I'd love a sitdown with Mr Watson to talk about it, however, ever elusive that hasn't come to fruition. Would be able to accomplish a lot more in the telling of the story accurately, but Mr Sam wanta to let that shit die with him apparently. That story is his precious, and not for anyone else's knowledge. Or it could be shot full of holes. one or the other.

As far as I know, Sam the Skunkman AKA David Watson has not uttered a peep about the passing of Nevil, which I believe speaks volumes about the man. But he has weighed in with his story about the seeds he sold to Nevil.
The original thread I was going to post this in was started by Nevil in December 2010, but it is closed. This was Nevil's opening post:

As avid MNS and haze lore readers know, Nevil's acquisition of haze genetics from David Watson in Holland in 1985 was a seminal moment in modern cannabis history. In particular, much has been speculated about the origins of the seeds David Watson sold to Nevil that produced the legendary Haze A and Haze C males, and how David Watson acquired them. Here's what Nevil said:

So that's Nevil's side of the story. Sam recently responded in a thread on ICMag to questions about what seeds he sold Nevil. Here's a nice summary by our friend leet (l33t) in that thread a few pages before David Watson responded. I quote leet here because I completely agree with what he said, and he said it well.

Here's the post David Watson made last week:

David Watson later responded in caps to some questions:

More from Watson:

So we have David Watson laying claim to having produced the seeds he sold to Nevil, completely contradicting what Nevil said. I don't believe a fucking word of it. Nevil had absolutely no reason to lie about what he bought from David Watson, while Watson's new alternate version that he bravely posted after Nevil's death is all about how important his role was in the haze story. He also went on a tear editing other people's posts in that thread and others.

Only the good die young.

PS - Todd McCormick was an avid supporter of prop 64. I had always been nice to Todd up until that point, and respectfully him releasing seeds is laughable. The eternal klingon to others fame and work, he roped in Mel Frank to cosign his shenanigans. Such a shame.

a load of horseshit

G `day BS

I wonder why Nevil campaigned against Skunk man calling him a snitch .

When Nevil himself got involved with a guy in the USA who turned over the mailing list with the addresses of all the Nth American customers to the FBI !

That led to thousands being busted in Green Merchant .Grow Shop owners and their families got caught up in conspiracies to grow ganja and did lots of time .
But don`t worry about that . Sam is the boogie man . lol .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
a load of horseshit

Unfortunately Nevil isn't around to speak for himself.
Sam doesn't post here, as he is busy editing and censoring his own forum.
And EB doesn't post anymore, because he managed to get himself permanently banned.

Unfortunately Nevil isn't around to speak for himself.
Sam doesn't post here, as he is busy editing and censoring his own forum.
And EB doesn't post anymore, because he managed to get himself permanently banned.

Actually Nevil is still around if you read his posts on this forum. He was quite succinct and consistent about his dealings with Watson, and IMO, the more 'accurate'. Several reasons, one being that VIRTUALLY NOTHING that Watson says about the weed scene in Santa Cruz and NorCal jives with anything that I saw while living there at the same time. I agree with Nevil 100% when he says (to paraphrase) that Watson was just a courier of genetics across the pond. To quote a long time friend of Rob Clarke's that I know: "Watson is an arrogant asshole with an ego as big as they get."

As for EB, I do not see how anyone from Perth, Australia knows or can corroborate anything that happened in the 1960s through the 1980s in California, or in Holland after that. He is a buddy of Skunkman's over on IcyRag. They give each other props there all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back