af / hz ...is the haze the haze male C ??

elkhunter

Does anyone know if shanti used the haze male C as the father for this cross ? on a side note is the haze A female ? thx fellas...elk..

From what has been reported an to my knowledge the only hazes the survive is the haze C male m

If I Recall Nevil has stated that no direct haze A crosses were ever sold at the Seed banl or MNS .To answer that question it uses the haze C male

1luvbigherb

Does anyone know if shanti used the haze male C as the father for this cross ? on a side note is the haze A female ? thx fellas...elk..

This will be the Haze C male. Haze A was also a male and the genetics can only be found in crosses. The Doors is probably the best source of Haze A.

G`day Big Herb

A post a few days ago was asking about A and C males in Super Silver and Mango Hazes .
Mango having both A ,C and SSH having male C on both sides .

this (bolded section) contradicts THE CHART'S version of what SSH is.

It was suggested to mate the NLHz A with a Skunk Hz C . Very intersting .
Thanks for sharin

Elmer Bud .
That sounds like a good idea. :rolleyes: Probably why they already sell 2 hybrids based on selections of those hybrids called SSH and Mango Haze.
Were you joking Elmer? Please forgive my friendly jab if you were. ;)

Last edited:
Hi Elmer,

Have you tried Nevil's Haze? It's (NL5 x HazeA) x Haze C - kind of what you're interested in minus the skunk. The skunk influence would most likely bring the flowering time down a bit though if that's a problem for you.

I loved NH. I only ended up with a single female out of a pack of 10 from HS years ago and this is one of the best plants I've grown to date - not bad when you consider there was no selection to be had. I made a couple of hobby crosses and had some very good results. I lost my original NH but I still have two of her daughters going now. I'm planning to get another pack next time I place an order.

I like your taste Elmer. I've almost finished a round of La Nina and have some MH seedlings going now. I didn't find a hazy girl in the LNs like I was hoping but on initial sampling, the phenos I got are pretty strong and have a really happy effect. They really pile on the resin in the last couple of weeks too. I'm sorting through the males now to see if I can find anything interesting.

Good luck with your LNs!

Arrgh.
If you can't trust a drawing from the internet, what CAN you trust? :D
I see you have taken to saving links to important posts too. It is critical to do that because of the poor signal to noise ratio in some of the key educational threads like The Grail thread.
Unfortunately, as a relative newcomer, I didn't learn that until after I had read through the whole thing and I can't bring myself to go back and read it again :(
I have been doing that with my research ion MNS afghani's though. Much shorter threads there.
Thanks Elmer :cool:

G`day Captan

From the horses mouth SSH
.http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/57277-post30.html
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/57285-post34.html
and MHz
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/2095-post1.html

That may take some figurin out ...

But here`s the rub yes shanti has created MHz Using NLHzC x SkHz A but what I was talkin about would be NLHz A x SkHz C .
Ya get me now ??

Thanks for sharin

Elmer Bud .

Has anyone crossed Nevil's Haze with The Doors yet? Those are the purest versions of Haze A and Haze C. The results would be either pure magic or pure catpiss.

what?
nev's has A and C, and although doors might have a slight percentage higher of A in it, it is still further removed from the original.
and with nev's, the a and c are already combined. never know what you could get, but i think we were looking at what other a and c combinations we could think of.

i just got a nice variety of seeds,
nevilles haze
mango haze
angels breath
the stones
la nina

all of them have a and c in them already, except la nina. didnt realize it when i ordered them.
so ill try and make as many crosses as i can and maybe we can test them out ourselves.
im definately looking forward to making nh x ln.

but for now, i only started 5 nh and 5 the stones
5 for 5 of the stones are sticking up out of the dirt already.
3 of 5 nh are as well.
1 of the nh split the shell but didnt have as big of a taproot, but its in the dirt now.
the last nh seed was dark, and no sign of activity.
worry starts to set in.
so a little careful surgery, and the embryo was released from its shell.
it was perfecly round/ovalish, just like the seed but white. so i left it in the cup of water for one more day, and added a few drops of floralicious plus.
next day it was sprung open, i think it might make it!

I was just thinking of the fact that Nevil's has the pure Haze C father and The Doors has Haze A in the mother and father.

From what I can see, The Doors contains the highest percentage of Haze A genetics in the line.

without opening a can of worms...whats the differnece between A and C. in general terms is the A more potent...is A more dominant in passing traits than C ? just a simple comparison if anyone can...thx....elk

without opening a can of worms...whats the differnece between A and C. in general terms is the A more potent...is A more dominant in passing traits than C ? just a simple comparison if anyone can...thx....elk

The Grail thread is a great place to look

While only here for a short time i appreciate the time we had ,While others werent happy about it im glad i Pushed for answers to many of our questions .I still have some more an hopfully one day nevil will return on a diiferent note than he left

here are some quotes i recall ATM

No one really knows Kashrocs, but my best bet is that the haze effect comes from a Buddha Thai. It's similar to the Thai I remember from the '70s.
N

The HzC was a complex sweet aroma, while HzA produced plants with a leathery smell, more reminisent of the old Thai's.
Complex liver/ leather smell is what I'm looking for in a good Thai descenant to cross with the Haze.
N.

It is my belief that the qualities in the Original Haze that we admire so much, come from Thai. I grew up in Western Australia and started smoking in the early 70's. Most of the Australian cannabis was descended from Thai and was grown in Queensland. Perth is as close to Thailand as it is to Queensland and W.A. got more than it's fair share of Imported Thai. I remember one batch was unparalleled and Haze A male's best progeny, reminded me of it

This is the description of Haze C.
Quote:
Santa Marta Gold It has a very spicy/sandalwoody/piney flavor

From the mid '80s onward, descendants of Haze C penetrated most corners of the world

These 2 quotes are somthing the whole community should remember well

Well Bigherb, I wouldn't swear on a kilo of Haze Hash, that he told me that he grew them himself.
I seem to remember one batch had a number of years mixed together something like '66,'67,'68. A prominent ancestor was a thing called "Burning Bush". If Sam didn't grow burning bush then the person that did will be able to tell us more.

I didn't say the bag was labeled burning bush. Sam said something about burning bush being an ancestor of the Haze. If Sam is Knowsitall4sure then he didn't smoke Haze til '71.
If that's true, what would he know about seeds made by somebody else 2 years before he had even smoked the variety?
N

1luvbigherb

It was suggested to mate the NLHz A with a Skunk Hz C . Very intersting .

This is the genetic lineage of Shanti's new HazeAC male. I suspect his new selections were Haze dominate so that the recombination would produce a very 'hazey' male.

Back