a nl5xskunk thread

tapioca

Hi!

I don't got much exciting as far as pics,but I'll post some in a few days.
Just finished thumbing in 20 seeds of nl5xskunk!

I'll place them in the greenhouse until oh,say beginning/mid June(then they gots to get out before the cottage dwellers migrate here).It's been scorching around here lately;we'll be able to plant early('cukes and all!).The soil is already dusty;we're in the grips of an abnormal heatwave...(yesterday's high broke a record ;it hit almost 27,4 deg.Centigrade...oof!:confused:)

Bad for peas,but good for cannabis!

Anyways,I'm excited to see what's to come from these.I've always wanted a northern lights plant;around here,the m39 ( I know,I know,not the same thing:rolleyes:)gets sort of a bad rap,but I've always liked it!

Thank you to all at MNS and a very special thank you to shantibaba!

steady as she goes;
tapioca

good luck

hey Tapioca
Good luck. I will be tagging along and watching your input as this is a strain I am interested in as well.....very much so.
Respects,
W1:eek:

Good to see

I've grown nl5/ sk1 beautiful plants indo 100percent germ rates beautiful specimens love to see grow online their awesome plants!!!smoke is really great to say the least top shelf!about time there's a nl5/ sk1 grow can't wait see the the grow!!:)

yay!

happy to see they're on the up and up.

will post more pics when they grow a bit more.

thanks for stopping by.:p
j

just a pic of my little friends chugging along.
hopefully they get some sun come the weekend!

Attachments

• PICT4388.JPG
    PICT4388.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 46
here's another picture of Nl5xSkunk seedlings hardening off outside and awaiting transplant.I've decided I'm going to place these in pots and save some piss to go and do soilwork for the CBD2 seedlings.These(the NL5xSk.) were the second succession planted.

They were fed with a light bite of fish emulsion and topdressed with nice wet compost from the bin in the backyard.

They appear to be in good shape and i can't wait to see what else pops up with these.I will label them and show you guys pictures of what I find to be variations within the group.The picture at the right shows one that is what I consider to be a runt.I didn't throw it out...we'll see.

Out of the three MNS varieties I have planted,this one shows more favourable towards chrysolith hair development.The stems are fuzzy;ridiculously fuzzy...like the crystal hairs on a kiwi or a peach!It's an attribute that goes around the bunch too...some are hairier,but all have an impressive feel when the hemp is rubbed.(and they're very visible to the eye)
As far as smells,they're not the most potent...but they do smell.The smells I pair them with is like fuelly,licorice(black)...kind of bitter to me.Oh well,things change in time!

Thanks for stopping by
Will post more pictures once they've been transplanted and are off to their final destination!

Attachments

• PICT4478.JPG
    PICT4478.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 65
  • PICT4483.JPG
    PICT4483.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 49
I don't know what to say;
I was so confident that everything was going smoothly.They were some of the best looking seedlings i'd ever had the privilege to raise!

This new spot I wasn't so sure of...the person who brought me there(who I trust even more so than myself) assured me there would be no compromise.Rightly so!The trek up there is ungodly...mud,moss,bear-baiting stations,horseflies,mosquitoes,swamps...all I gotta say is it's the first time I bring something up there and it's the last time!

They look so damp!The area just can't dry out after rains.The ground drains,but the vegetation doesn't indicate to me that it can house an open-meadow-wind loving plant.uh-uh:(.
I'll see to it that maybe I can smuggle a few out....they're not happy campers.

I had 18 transplants to dabble with...I have 11 plants left:mad:Something had a good lunch...it didn't think twice about what it was doing:p(it don't know them plants are a good few dollars a pop...probably the most expensive meal that thing will eat in it's life)
Like I said...I can't whine about being flush out of luck.I should have played my cards better.This area isn't suitable for cultivation of this kind of plant,...,I had a gut feeling and I didn't follow it.Oh well,summer isn't over and there are more survivors than eaten ones!

it's so rainy this year:mad:

the slugs tend to leave this variety alone compared to other plants planted in other faraway locations...a plus!!!

Another good thing I have to say is I've noticed that they're "taxing" (as in changing the way the nodes line up.They're getting the "kinks".) A sign that the plants are acknowledging that only shorter days are to come!(most of them are re-arranging their profile) To me,that's a telltale sign that this family would be excellent to chose a plant for clone style culture.Root' em and boot'em!

I experimented with topping as well.I figured what the hey? I even bent some of the plants around to see what'll happen.I've read about many other members' adventures and experiments with pruning and bending.I didn't get shy with this one.

oulala...the seedlings were so nice a few weeks ago.Now they're so-so.I hope the other ones further inland are doing much better.Where those are at,the vegetation is indicative that it's semi-decent for a field type plant.(there's weeds and thorn bushes-no moss or ferns present.I went there after a big rain too and it didn't feel as stagnant.It has way better ventilation up there!)

[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
here's another picture of Nl5xSkunk seedlings hardening off outside and awaiting transplant.I've decided I'm going to place these in pots and save some piss to go and do soilwork for the CBD2 seedlings.These(the NL5xSk.) were the second succession planted.

They were fed with a light bite of fish emulsion and topdressed with nice wet compost from the bin in the backyard.

They appear to be in good shape and i can't wait to see what else pops up with these.I will label them and show you guys pictures of what I find to be variations within the group.The picture at the right shows one that is what I consider to be a runt.I didn't throw it out...we'll see.

Out of the three MNS varieties I have planted,this one shows more favourable towards chrysolith hair development.The stems are fuzzy;ridiculously fuzzy...like the crystal hairs on a kiwi or a peach!It's an attribute that goes around the bunch too...some are hairier,but all have an impressive feel when the hemp is rubbed.(and they're very visible to the eye)
As far as smells,they're not the most potent...but they do smell.The smells I pair them with is like fuelly,licorice(black)...kind of bitter to me.Oh well,things change in time!

Thanks for stopping by
Will post more pictures once they've been transplanted and are off to their final destination!

I don't know what to say;
I was so confident that everything was going smoothly.They were some of the best looking seedlings i'd ever had the privilege to raise!

This new spot I wasn't so sure of...the person who brought me there(who I trust even more so than myself) assured me there would be no compromise.Rightly so!The trek up there is ungodly...mud,moss,bear-baiting stations,horseflies,mosquitoes,swamps...all I gotta say is it's the first time I bring something up there and it's the last time!

They look so damp!The area just can't dry out after rains.The ground drains,but the vegetation doesn't indicate to me that it can house an open-meadow-wind loving plant.uh-uh:(.
I'll see to it that maybe I can smuggle a few out....they're not happy campers.

I had 18 transplants to dabble with...I have 11 plants left:mad:Something had a good lunch...it didn't think twice about what it was doing:p(it don't know them plants are a good few dollars a pop...probably the most expensive meal that thing will eat in it's life)
Like I said...I can't whine about being flush out of luck.I should have played my cards better.This area isn't suitable for cultivation of this kind of plant,...,I had a gut feeling and I didn't follow it.Oh well,summer isn't over and there are more survivors than eaten ones!

it's so rainy this year:mad:

the slugs tend to leave this variety alone compared to other plants planted in other faraway locations...a plus!!!

Another good thing I have to say is I've noticed that they're "taxing" (as in changing the way the nodes line up.They're getting the "kinks".) A sign that the plants are acknowledging that only shorter days are to come!(most of them are re-arranging their profile) To me,that's a telltale sign that this family would be excellent to chose a plant for clone style culture.Root' em and boot'em!

I experimented with topping as well.I figured what the hey? I even bent some of the plants around to see what'll happen.I've read about many other members' adventures and experiments with pruning and bending.I didn't get shy with this one.

oulala...the seedlings were so nice a few weeks ago.Now they're so-so.I hope the other ones further inland are doing much better.Where those are at,the vegetation is indicative that it's semi-decent for a field type plant.(there's weeds and thorn bushes-no moss or ferns present.I went there after a big rain too and it didn't feel as stagnant.It has way better ventilation up there!)

[/url][/IMG]

Hey tap nice to see your garden keep on learning. I know i learn so much every yr. This yr it was beetles and how agile sneaky grasshops can be lol they were lifting g.house cover to get inside.

tapioca,
any up date on your Nl5xSkunk grow if you don"t mind? Did you find a good dry place to put them? I would like to see how this all turns out, my son is a outdoor grower and he goes at it like a read book to the tee and he has had plenty of wet weather this year and found out that Auto strains have all but went to hell and dont like wet weather at all.He has good news though that the AK48 and swiss cheese love wet all you can give them out side per his report.
Later R

Hey RJ;

I haven't been up there in a while to tell you the truth.The last time I went was a disappointment;it was quite a while ago.(two/three weeks???although we've been having some rain ; they shouldn't need to be watered....so I hope!)

Again,I gone and done stupid.Bit off more than I could chew:eek:

Yeah,when you gotta drive a good hour and a half to go see four plants (due to deer damage)...what a bummer.

But I promise,I'll give you an update...no matter how pitiful!

Glad to hear your son is fond of the gong;thanks for sharing what he has found with his plants!I can tell you're a proud Pops:p

Check out what happened near another location (-on the road there-) that I have other plants...super bummer!

thanks for dropping by...sorry for the disappointment.

Last edited:
Nice

tapioca,
hey looks as you have everything under control nice plants and looking forward to more of the same
Later, RJ:)

This is reworked like crazy. This cross is a laughable cross in comparison to the old stuff why would anyone name this cross after a very classic cross. Its laughable. Come on and rename it if its extinct!

Back