80s Nl5xHz

Hard to describe the smell of her.
Defiantly more soapy than fuel.
Kinda remind me of church incence With a dash of funk to it.

She seemed to be stunted afer I pollenated her that hard.
But she was very vigorous tell then, and generous with seeds.

Taste is bad becauseI dryed it way to fast, an I can hardly tase her.
Its Very hot here now. I worry for my outdoor plants...

Tryin to dry the next buds slower, stead of crispy in a day.
Lol

But my wake an bake test for potency one one big hit she gets be buzzing. But isn't something too Special yet.
But I'm sure it was pulled early an dried fast. (Dam)

The indoor an outdoor clones won't be seeded an will be alot better judges of her potential.

I hate it when that happens, lol! Never fails, but I always quick dry some off a new plant, just can't wait I guess, lol!! Anyway, so far so good, bro - great job on the seedmaking for sure, can't wait to see how the outdoor does (maybe throw up some misters around them? In high heat I've found it helps them a lot, makes them feel like they are back home in a nice tropical jungle somewhere):)

Dam it's hot!!!!!
It's 109' degrees today, my shed cab is also 109'.
I need to get a swamp cooler for my shed ASAP.

Been leading the usa on high temps, we are hotter than Nevada Texas Arizona and new Mexico.

Hope my outdoor big ladies don't burn up!

I seem to remember a post where Shanti was saying it took a real long time to find the daddy. That post gave me the impression the same dad was used for both SSH and MH. I coulda swore he straight up said they had the same dad?

From all the discussion on it, I thought MH is
NL5HzA x SkHzC
(Pretty sure Nev said they called that NL5HzA cut "mango")
and SSH is
NL5HzC x SkHzC

Silver haze is 5c#1xskunkC
Mango haze is 5c#122xskunkC
Same father skunkxhazeC, different mothers, all haze C.
The only HzA hybrid is Nevil's haze. Indica phenos of 88 5c will amplify the taste of the nl5, pine expansion, heavy yielder, and the best outdoor bud you have ever seen. The Colorado cough is a pheno of 88 5c.

Here is a quote from SB about the lineage

Originally Posted by shantibaba
Hi All

just to clear the air from confusion and before you all go making a legend from myth here is how it was done and is done still....

Nh is made from Haze C male which is made by two pure haze parents from 1969....then the female side of NH is made from Haze A combined to NL5 or NL5Haze A where Haze A was also made by two pure Haze parents also from 1969
Haze A is no longer alive only Haze C male is along with several other different sativa lines.

but plants with the lineage of Haze A are still alive and carrying the genes within.

SSH is made up of Haze C combined to Skunk 1 or Skunk HzC which is the male side, the female side is Haze C combined to NL5 or NL5HzC

the Mango comes from a parallel cross same as SSH but with one difference

Haze A male combined to Sk 1 or Sk HzA being the male plant, the female is NL5HzC....that is the breeding of those three plants

considering the Haze A is no longer a male alive, it still is alive in the ancestry of some of the plants used in all these breeds

I do not have secrets about breeding but given the same seed batches we could all still create something different...it boils down to selection.

La Nina is the widow father breed to a pure Haze female...neither A or C by the way so I hope that clears up all your doubts once and for all.

There is no one other than Simon at serious seeds who follows breeding plants like we do.Most Dutch seed companies use females plants obtained from seed batches that were passed on to them or sent to them, making their origins a little doubtful at certain stages. The whole seed industry based alot of things on Neville's origins in fact , but none except Sensi Seed had the parent plants to replicate things time and time again. Whether plants dies or were lost to disease over the years...well most companies would probably not tell anyone, but think about it.How many back ups of parent plants would you need in how many countries to be sure never to loose an important line? As enforcement on growers gets more and more restricting rooms get found etc....and the law of averages catches up on you. My last problem with the Swiss authorities I lost all plants in my library...some 42 mum's and dad's...luckily we keep backup of all the most important plants in 5 different countries and have done for years...if we had not had done this then we too would have lost alot of heirlooms. I do keep original batches of seed from years ago also in several places just in case I have to go all the way back to the drawing board to do selection again...but that is as bad as it gets for us.

As you can see it is alot of work in alot of places to just keep things alive...not to mention the expenses and time factor involved.

Lastly just to clarify things to do with this site...well I do all the moderating alone plus the pms and all questions and answers....so if there is something wrong on this site it is me who made it. I have a webman to do the technical aspects but all content and daily admin of the site is up to me. Howard will be helping in a limited way one day but he is a busier person than anyone else I know. Nev is not one for public life or cyberspace...and due to family committments is happy to do some work on plants but nothing else.So I am afraid you are all dealing with Shantibaba...whether you like it or not.

All the best now off to Bologna for a 3 day fair....take care

I know all about NL5/Hz. I'm wondering about the grow.

Ive grown the Swami NL5 x Hz, Sensi, and the Mr Nice
NL5 x Hz, and can tell you they differ a lot.....They may be related, but the plant stems, branch strength is totally different. The Terpene profiles are totally different, the Swami takes much longer on average to finish. Mr Nice tastes better, more refined, but is nowhere near as strong. Plant wise, or buzz wise.

The Swami stuff is so stiff that it cant be trained if you wait to long, and the Mr Nice NL5/Hz is easily trained, and bent, where the Swami will break/snap like a pencil. Blue Orca Haze is the same way. You have to get on it early, or forget it. I like to bend the crap out of my plants, and I veg with 1000w Horilux ( 62w Sq/ft ), 5 gallon containers and blast them. They are flowered in 15-20 gallon container per each plant, and Promix BX. So I get big, strong, fast growing plants. I also start seedlings under 1000w Hortilux, 24 inches, and 32oz cups.

Also not saying the MrN stuff isn't good, and Ive been running a SSH for 3 years. Its a pick of over 300 F2 females, so its pretty good stuff, and Ive been smoking/growing Nevils stuff since it was available in the 80s, and also SSSC.

My SSH mom, is the standard of which I judge all other plants, and seed banks, for production, fast growing, easy to clone, potent. For major seed production company, I think Nr Nice is among the best, but there are small growers in the Pacific NW that do have many of the old genes, in unadulterated form, and are starting to pop up.

The 1st stuff I got from Nevil, was Mazar and had a Santa Barbara post mark, so they didnt come from Holland. But Cali.

But me,, and my buddies have grown out 20 of the Swami NL5/Hz, and all of them are as late as can be. Have done 6 of the Blue Orca Haze, and started 40 more a month ago, to pheno hunt.

1 NL5/Hz, at 73 days still has totally clear trichs, thin sativa at 73 days. Its going 90-100 anyway. The least of 20 females was at least 80 days, though most were taken at 73, so he could reveg them, and hopefully not lkill them. Ive had plenty of the MR N NL5/Hz done at 65- 70. None of these are close to done in that time frame. Mr N NL5/Hz is more similar to Sensi NL5/Hz, but Mr N is better. Ive grown no less than 50 females of both Mr N NL5/Hz, and Sensi NL5/Hz. Sensi is also nothing like it used to be. Same for their NL, and its no longer called NL5 anymore, though they still bear the Cup on the add for NL.

I can tell you, they aren't the same plants. They are similar, and you can tell theyre related, some even look like my SSH, but the Swami NL5/Hz is still a much stiffer, stronger plant on average. The main stalk, and branches are very stout, and strong.

I also bought this 1988 LTD Release Nevils NL5/Hz in the 80s, and the feds got it, and the COOT genetics are the same as I remember them from 88. I bought 10 packs of them, and made crosses with Nevils Hashplant, And Sacred Seeds Sk1, and a RKS SSSC leaning Sk1.

I had it for 9 years and got ratted out by a partner. I did I had 1000 clones, and got 10-life, mandatory minimum.

I did 84 months locked up, and 5 years supervised release. 1 year I spent in Federal/County lockup, and slept on the ground in a 10 man cell with 33 people stuffed in it, and they all smoked cigs, but me.

But all I used from 88-97 were these genetics, and could have cared less about anything else, and this was the best stuff Id seen since 71-73.

But theres some heavy duty raw resin, that will burn your nose with this stuff, and IMHO needs to be crossed up with something with more flavor, lot of it is raw resin, is not flavorful, and many wont like it. Its guaranteed your going to cough every hit. And I don't mind to cough, and choke, and long as it tastes of the finest hash. But this stuff is raw, and is really strong, and is mostly not pleasurable. Theyre are good phenos of it, and tasty, but a lot are very raw, and hard hitting. Day wrecker.

As I said, some of it is so strong, all you have to do is get a little wife in your nose, and its instant burning, and eye watering, and it made me remember why I crossed it with the good tasting sk1, and Hashplant. But its the same as I remember it.

Also if 1 has the same genes as Nevils 88, whos to say I or anyone else cant find better specimens than what have already been found ??? They cant, because other good plants, as good, or potentially better, can be found.

Also there are many old clones still alive.

The One, Blue Orca, and another 1 or 2 that are sisters to The One, and BO from BOEL/COOT, are 34 years old, and still going strong. Since 84.

, 85 RKS, Skreddy Hashplant, NL5, Chemdawg91,Chemdawgs Sister, VA Afghani, and others are still alive, and doing well.

Last edited:
I'm vaping some Mr Nice NL#5 x Haze and it's left me a bit stunned and made both Chemdawg and Gorilla Breath from HSO look a bit average even though they are both killer. This just has the Haze magik thats very pronounced. So much so i'm kind of like an amazed teenager stoned for the first time except i've been pretty much constantly high for 37 years. Astounding herb

I'm vaping some Mr Nice NL#5 x Haze and it's left me a bit stunned and made both Chemdawg and Gorilla Breath from HSO look a bit average even though they are both killer. This just has the Haze magik thats very pronounced. So much so i'm kind of like an amazed teenager stoned for the first time except i've been pretty much constantly high for 37 years. Astounding herb
I'm looking forward to growing out a pack this summer, and learn more about this "Haze" craze

On another note, is it just me, or is SCARHOLE's avatar really strange/creepy? šŸ˜¬

I'm looking forward to growing out a pack this summer, and learn more about this "Haze" craze

On another note, is it just me, or is SCARHOLE's avatar really strange/creepy? šŸ˜¬
I've been a long time Haze fan. Sativa's in general. Mullumbimby Madness back in the day and i just soaked some Roberts Creek Congo seeds which from all reports is completely genetically unrelated to anything that isin the current market. It's got some pretty big heavy hitting fans and i am excited to grow it. Kevin Jodrey said its like getting struck by lightning. I obtained 20 of the S1 seeds from the breeder Vision Creator. It's actually been decades since i have been so excited to grow something. Just because it's clearly epic and different. I cant see myself ever not growing Haze hybrids. They are all unique yet the good ones share a magik that i've yet to find in anything else. I've had Nevils Haze that was 18 months old, grown outside in Townsville and kept in a shed in a garbage bag. I had an oz sent down i swapped some an oz of my MM for from a fellow Overgrower Ozbud. I can still remember picking up the package at Clunes post office. it looked old. It smelt like old bush weed left in a shed. Except i knew this was no rubbish but i had no idea just how good this stuff was. I got to the Eureka turn off which is maybe 1km from the Clunes and my friend and i had maybe a third of a spliff and were laughing like teenagers stoned for the first time. Except i smoked 3 ozs of primo a week at the time as i grew. So this 18 month poorly handled and stored Nevils Haze must have been one hell of a pheno as it was and still is the best weed as in terms of the quality of the high. Nothing can in my books compare to a good pheno of one of Shanti's Haze hybrids. The NL#5 x Haze is what good herb should be like. Euphoria. Taste. I dont give a shit about bag appeal. You will never regret growing Haze and being patient. The rewards are worth it and in my respect life changing.

I know all about NL5/Hz. I'm wondering about the grow.

Ive grown the Swami NL5 x Hz, Sensi, and the Mr Nice
NL5 x Hz, and can tell you they differ a lot.....They may be related, but the plant stems, branch strength is totally different. The Terpene profiles are totally different, the Swami takes much longer on average to finish. Mr Nice tastes better, more refined, but is nowhere near as strong. Plant wise, or buzz wise.

The Swami stuff is so stiff that it cant be trained if you wait to long, and the Mr Nice NL5/Hz is easily trained, and bent, where the Swami will break/snap like a pencil. Blue Orca Haze is the same way. You have to get on it early, or forget it. I like to bend the crap out of my plants, and I veg with 1000w Horilux ( 62w Sq/ft ), 5 gallon containers and blast them. They are flowered in 15-20 gallon container per each plant, and Promix BX. So I get big, strong, fast growing plants. I also start seedlings under 1000w Hortilux, 24 inches, and 32oz cups.

Also not saying the MrN stuff isn't good, and Ive been running a SSH for 3 years. Its a pick of over 300 F2 females, so its pretty good stuff, and Ive been smoking/growing Nevils stuff since it was available in the 80s, and also SSSC.

My SSH mom, is the standard of which I judge all other plants, and seed banks, for production, fast growing, easy to clone, potent. For major seed production company, I think Nr Nice is among the best, but there are small growers in the Pacific NW that do have many of the old genes, in unadulterated form, and are starting to pop up.

The 1st stuff I got from Nevil, was Mazar and had a Santa Barbara post mark, so they didnt come from Holland. But Cali.

But me,, and my buddies have grown out 20 of the Swami NL5/Hz, and all of them are as late as can be. Have done 6 of the Blue Orca Haze, and started 40 more a month ago, to pheno hunt.

1 NL5/Hz, at 73 days still has totally clear trichs, thin sativa at 73 days. Its going 90-100 anyway. The least of 20 females was at least 80 days, though most were taken at 73, so he could reveg them, and hopefully not lkill them. Ive had plenty of the MR N NL5/Hz done at 65- 70. None of these are close to done in that time frame. Mr N NL5/Hz is more similar to Sensi NL5/Hz, but Mr N is better. Ive grown no less than 50 females of both Mr N NL5/Hz, and Sensi NL5/Hz. Sensi is also nothing like it used to be. Same for their NL, and its no longer called NL5 anymore, though they still bear the Cup on the add for NL.

I can tell you, they aren't the same plants. They are similar, and you can tell theyre related, some even look like my SSH, but the Swami NL5/Hz is still a much stiffer, stronger plant on average. The main stalk, and branches are very stout, and strong.

I also bought this 1988 LTD Release Nevils NL5/Hz in the 80s, and the feds got it, and the COOT genetics are the same as I remember them from 88. I bought 10 packs of them, and made crosses with Nevils Hashplant, And Sacred Seeds Sk1, and a RKS SSSC leaning Sk1.

I had it for 9 years and got ratted out by a partner. I did I had 1000 clones, and got 10-life, mandatory minimum.

I did 84 months locked up, and 5 years supervised release. 1 year I spent in Federal/County lockup, and slept on the ground in a 10 man cell with 33 people stuffed in it, and they all smoked cigs, but me.

But all I used from 88-97 were these genetics, and could have cared less about anything else, and this was the best stuff Id seen since 71-73.

But theres some heavy duty raw resin, that will burn your nose with this stuff, and IMHO needs to be crossed up with something with more flavor, lot of it is raw resin, is not flavorful, and many wont like it. Its guaranteed your going to cough every hit. And I don't mind to cough, and choke, and long as it tastes of the finest hash. But this stuff is raw, and is really strong, and is mostly not pleasurable. Theyre are good phenos of it, and tasty, but a lot are very raw, and hard hitting. Day wrecker.

As I said, some of it is so strong, all you have to do is get a little wife in your nose, and its instant burning, and eye watering, and it made me remember why I crossed it with the good tasting sk1, and Hashplant. But its the same as I remember it.

Also if 1 has the same genes as Nevils 88, whos to say I or anyone else cant find better specimens than what have already been found ??? They cant, because other good plants, as good, or potentially better, can be found.

Also there are many old clones still alive.

The One, Blue Orca, and another 1 or 2 that are sisters to The One, and BO from BOEL/COOT, are 34 years old, and still going strong. Since 84.

, 85 RKS, Skreddy Hashplant, NL5, Chemdawg91,Chemdawgs Sister, VA Afghani, and others are still alive, and doing well.
Awesome history. Thanks for sharing

I know it's late where I'm at, but I just caught this post from 2018...

WTF?

"La Nina is the widow father breed to a pure Haze female...neither A or C by the way so I hope that clears up all your doubts once and for all."

I've been around for a long time on this board and the Haze used in La Nina was always some kind of weird mystery. It was never stated as fact that it was either HazeA or HazeC and there was a lot of conjecture with no proof of who the mother is. Was kind of rumored that it was Mullumbibby Madness from the early days but there was never any proof.

Haze seems to have a very specific context so it would be strange for Shanti to say that the Haze in La Nina is MM here. I had no idea another OG Haze existed. Can anyone provide more information on this?

I know it's late where I'm at, but I just caught this post from 2018...

WTF?

" I had no idea another Original Haze existed. Can anyone provide more information on this?
It all came from the same place.
Skunkmanā€¦. BUT ā€¦ā€¦.grey area goes here.
ā€œA, C. And Nevil made Haze famous World Wideā€ End of story

I have several hundred Original Haze seed I made 20 years ago, from Seedsman stock which at the time was the only source I could find.
I used 1 male to make two f1 hybrids
#1 Skunk x Haze
#2 NL x Haze
Both turn out very vigorous and very potent but definitely not a cup winner.
It was a fad and a blast many years ago
If you havenā€™t found a breeding plant in 20 years
Give up!
Everything now is a poly hybrid of a poly hybrid
Feminised Squared
Its been stated that Haze does not do well back to itself
But as an out cross hybrid can work wonders.
Hey itā€™s hard work dealing with any Equatorial Sativa.
IMO Haze is Columbian Gold for the most part. At least thatā€™s what I get from my seed and fortunately I smoked Red bud and Lumbo Gold as a teen so I know what it smokes like and smells like.
Benefits of being an old man which arenā€™t many.
Seedsman may still to this day sell pure haze seedā€¦ check it out.
āœŒļø

High axiom, how is it then with the likes of say the holy grail being ((NL5HzA x HzC) x AC) x HzC ?
A question like this is best answered by the original breeder donā€™t you think?
Also these are not Original Haze in a pure form so not back to itself .
Also
Ask the original breeder how Many plants did he grow and select to test until final choice was made.
Original Haze x Original Haze was my statement so Iā€™ll stand by what I said.
Also if you are so inclined ask Tom Hill if you can
How many Original Hazes did he grow before he made his selection?
āœŒļø

What always puzzles me is, if there is indeed stock left of original Haze, how come no one ever came up with a male as bad ass as A or C?
I mean Nev couldnt even select, he had only 2 so thats where he had to work with. Imagine what could come from a proper selection of original stock and why isn't it there (yet)?

My speculation is the people preserving the haze were never doing selections just open pollination. If the history is correct on the lineage of what Nev received it was a combination of the best Colombia sativas of the era. So I would assume they were either inbred lines or straight up land races. The way I look at inbred lines and land race genetics is to me they are like the core colors of a color wheel. For example; red, blue, green, yellow. As you combine these together with intention you will get different colors, the longer you combine without intention for example open pollination you will just end up with the color brown. In my opinion the earlier the combinations will result in the best examples of the genetics. As the line is furthered by open pollination without intention the lower the possibility of these truly impressive examples will occur. Hence no one really finding anything close to what Nev found in the early batch of haze compared to what is available today. I would also speculate it would take thousands of seeds to find examples as impressive as what Nev found. I hope my analogy is understandable.

Back