2015 June G13 skunk

G13 Skunk clones update

Just completed re-potting clones, a few roots had already reached the bottom and did one cork screw turn. Medicine Man roots look good but slow development.

pix next

Lighthouse Blackstar 500 watt LED

G13 skunk grow.
I raised my light another 1.5 ft and dropped my floor about 4 in,,, that's all I got.........................

Male G13 skunk is lower right in the pic just below fan.
IMG_5123 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_5126 by A h, on Flickr

Veg/Clone, roots, leaf curl, Medicine man

Veg/clone tent update, Some of the clones are overdue for a pot size change but I have limited space, and the flower tent is still cooking the first batch, they're going to have to wait. :eek:

IMG_0073 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0083 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0081 by A h, on Flickr
I have two clones sitting out side the tent do to lack of space.

IMG_0075 by A h, on Flickr
MM=Medicine Man out of seven seeds only three survivied they were old seeds

IMG_0080 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0076 by A h, on Flickr
Leaf curl I am almost thinking this is a defect, the clone mom had the same occurrence or could be a deficiency:confused:

Good news and Surprise news

So I was looking over my girl's flowers, What I think I am seeing are newly formed seeds, and they're progressing, while doing so I found what looks to be a hermadite pod, I am not disappoint but surprised, everything is new for me,
anyway I think I can just cut it off and keep going, I am guessing this is a stressed induced do to seed production. Oh I only found one.

IMG_0102 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0103 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0093 by A h, on Flickr
Hermadite pod?

IMG_0094 by A h, on Flickr

Heat stress!

Ok I think I know why she nanner'd,,, Heat stress last week I got a brain fart and went and changed my light to a 500 watt Blackstar, it was too much stress, my temps spiked to +90F even with vent full on so my girls got over stressed for 5 days. I switched back to my blackstars 135's a few days ago my temps are now in the low 80's,,,70's would be better.
So what now,,, to be safe I will remove the whole flower involved I'll dry it and smoke it problem solved.

So I am 51.5 % sure it was heat stress from last week and I am 51.5% sure my seed crop is not cross pollinated with herme pollen and even if they are, there going to be female and they are late which means by the time most seeds are mature herme seeds will not be ready. Also just by the looks of my flowers my male did a pretty good job of pollinating. And i only found one nanner thing so far.
:)

So lesson learned, keep tent temps consistent at around 80F or below in flower phase, also keep PH consistent in veg phase.:eek:

Update

Update, I looked over my girls so far to date only one nanner found, could be heat stress related or another stressor, not worried, most of my girls are beginning to slow on up take, my next watering will be water PH corrected.

Clones are getting big I'm going to have to cut some, I need more space.

G13 Skunk Sativa/Skunk Pheno, clones,and flowers

G13 Skunk Sativa/Skunk pheno and clones, and flowers.

This I believe is the Sativa/Skunk pheno for G13 Skunk, her flowers and trichomes are different than the indica pheno. What a difference. :eek:

IMG_0128 by A h, on Flickr
G13 Skunk Clones and Clone mother.

IMG_0133 by A h, on Flickr
G13 Skunk Clones and Clone mother.

IMG_0156 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0193 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0192 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0191 by A h, on Flickr

G13 skunk indica Pheno clones, and flower

G13 Skunk indica pheno, clones, and flower.
This girl has some unique traits. she flowers well, and she has an odd trait she tends to have more leaf deformities than the rest but she packs on the flower well. Oh and i noticed that her clones branch very well. She is one I decided to take another clone from, but the 2nd clones are not doing well, they wilted just after I took them, I hope they survive.

IMG_0226 by A h, on Flickr
G13 Skunk Mom

IMG_0227 by A h, on Flickr
G13 Skunk Mom

IMG_0200 by A h, on Flickr
G13 Skunk Clones indica pheno

IMG_0198 by A h, on Flickr
G13 Skunk Clones indica pheno

IMG_0219 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0229 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0231 by A h, on Flickr

G13 Skunk week 7/8 flower

G13 skunk Update week 7/8 of flower, just waiting.
There is some visual changes happening trichomes about 50/50 clear/cloudy and a few seeds are starting to turn color other than green, but most are still solid green in color, Also they're still drinking, almost every three to four days, I thought they were done,,,not

IMG_0267 by A h, on Flickr
G13 skunk flower with seed pods showing

IMG_0268 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0274 by A h, on Flickr

Clones compared G13 Skunk

Clones compared G13 skunk, I need to re pot pronto (now) but I have to wait for space.

The Skunk/ sativa pheno has vigorous thrive, rooting and growth, this one would be good for someone with no space issues. I think this one needs a little higher EC's to fully mature. But this has not been proven,,,Yet.
BTW one of the Skunk/sativa pheno clones got a little cramped and toasted, again grew into the light.
:rolleyes:

The indica pheno, short, bud packer, resiny, vigorous thrive, and cloning ablity this one would be good for small space's. once you find a keeper, keep Her. :eek:
I'll probable do one more run with these girls then...

IMG_0288 by A h, on Flickr
G13 Skunk indica and sativa phenos compared

IMG_0281 by A h, on Flickr

IMG_0279 by A h, on Flickr

Thanks for the updates. Looks great. Its always been on my to do list. Maybe next year plate full now. How's the smell and any worries about mold? The mold is my only reason for not selecting g13. I usually force flower outdoors.

High arctichigh,

Thanks for the very informational grow report! :)

I just started 10 seeds of this strain and though I've grown it out before, your report gives me a few things to keep my eyes on that I might have missed in the previous round. All 10 seeds germinated quickly and have been above soil for just over a week. They're looking strong and healthy at this early stage. I hope to see some different phenos this time around as all I got was 10 stable, indica dominant females out of a pack of approx. 20. I'm looking for that sativa ;)

Peace be with you from RastaKev! :)

Thanks for the updates. Looks great. Its always been on my to do list. Maybe next year plate full now. How's the smell and any worries about mold? The mold is my only reason for not selecting g13. I usually force flower outdoors.

Hi Smoke,

I can say from personal experience that the odour is not what you'd expect from a plant with skunk genetics in it.
I had no problems controlling the odor with a couple of small carbon scrubbers. There are much stinkier strains in the MNS lineup ;)
Two years in a row that I grew Mr. Nice (G13 x HP) from Sensi, I lost both plots to mold in late September. I wouldn't recommend putting any strain with G13 in it outdoors.

Peace be with you from RastaKev! :)

As far as putting G13 outside I have not ran into any mold so far (cross my fingers I won't) but I have noticed that she is a bit later then some others I am running. Right now she's only about 4-5 weeks in my inbred mango and critical widow has been going for about 7-8 weeks. But I have to say the G13 is stacking on fast now hoping the weather holds out.

Back