2010 - G13 x Haze

C

Chana Masala

Hi again,

G13 and Haze, another limited edition. I know you are not a big fan SB of the G-13 but something has to be said of such a rare cutt that circulated the globe...

This one is for the MSN Camp and the University of Massachusetts or what ever school it was jacked from...

I am also interested if anyone could let me know which Haze was used in the cross.

Started on September 25, 2010. So far 99% germination rate. Last bean did not crack on its own. Did an embryo transplant, so I hope it will start to darken up in the next few days.

Take care,

Chana Masala

Attachments

• DSC01829.jpg
    DSC01829.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 152
  • G13 X Haze Oct 4 2010.jpg
    G13 X Haze Oct 4 2010.jpg
    665.8 KB · Views: 168
  • G13 x Haze Oct 4 2010 A.jpg
    G13 x Haze Oct 4 2010 A.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Hey Chana mate,
I'm just about to chop some of the g13 haze in the next few days, popped 10 seeds got 6 girls, although 2 were hermie's.

I posted the pics of the 2 hermies that I chopped last week in my indoor thread, the others I'll get up before harvest to let you have a look at them.

Peace, GG

Really excited about this strain...

Hey Chana mate,
I'm just about to chop some of the g13 haze in the next few days, popped 10 seeds got 6 girls, although 2 were hermie's.

I posted the pics of the 2 hermies that I chopped last week in my indoor thread, the others I'll get up before harvest to let you have a look at them.

Peace, GG

Hi GG, how are your ladies coming along now...

Here is a few pictures. Long time to up-date but still working on the bloom room to put these babies into...

I am really excited about SB's limited edition strains. I believe this is the same pedigree that SB gave to Soma for his Amnesia Haze. I know Barney has a G13xHaze too.

Looking forward to see what the variation is like...

I hope you are well,

Chana

I must say that this plant looks like it is going to be fire...

Looking forward to what type of pheno types can be found.

When making an f2 of the line would you think it is best to open pollinate all G13xHaze male and females or use one male and pollinate all females at one time?

Take care,

Chana

Attachments

• November 6 2010 (14)13A.jpg
    November 6 2010 (14)13A.jpg
    924.5 KB · Views: 161
  • November 6 2010 (15)G13B.jpg
    November 6 2010 (15)G13B.jpg
    922.7 KB · Views: 80
  • November 6 2010 (40)G13C.jpg
    November 6 2010 (40)G13C.jpg
    666.9 KB · Views: 56
  • November 6 2010 (41)G13D.jpg
    November 6 2010 (41)G13D.jpg
    702.8 KB · Views: 67
I should see germination today/tomorrow from the 5 seeds you gave me, thanks again.

Hi MM, one day brother we are going to meet up at the Belgium Beer market in the dam and trade more cultivars. You are one of the best growers out here man. Keep doing what you do my friend...

Let us know how you pull. Could be interesting even with 5.

Respect,

Chana

i have been pondering a seed order for two weeks now and this is one item where it's hard to make up my mind so i hope one of you (or someone will chime in?) can tell me the makeup of this strain. somewhere i read that this is not a straight ghaze but rather the makeup is g13/skunk x haze. will some authority speak up? and if skunk is in the mix, to what end? certainly not to shorten flower time? i love these haze hybrids but only those that will work outdoors in my area. in fact, after seeing some in action outdoors for the first time about all i can say is the difference from indoor is staggering both in yield and quality. peace-biteme

i have been pondering a seed order for two weeks now and this is one item where it's hard to make up my mind so i hope one of you (or someone will chime in?) can tell me the makeup of this strain. somewhere i read that this is not a straight ghaze but rather the makeup is g13/skunk x haze. will some authority speak up? and if skunk is in the mix, to what end? certainly not to shorten flower time? i love these haze hybrids but only those that will work outdoors in my area. in fact, after seeing some in action outdoors for the first time about all i can say is the difference from indoor is staggering both in yield and quality. peace-biteme

I'm not an authority but Shanti confirmed in anotr thread that his G13 used in the current crosses is actually G13/skunk, so you are right that G13/haze is actually G13/Skunk x HazeC

Edit: Shanti told me that G13/Haze is an IBL and contains NO SKUNK.

Last edited:
very good mr. hhhg, i knew i had read it and was pretty sure it was at this site. however, this leads into my next question which is why the skunk is in the mix which is a question only shanti may be able to answer? the things i remember about ghaze mostly came from forums when dutch flowers was still around and working this one. the g13 did not detract from the haze potency/flavors and added phenos that were fast finishers. peace-biteme

very good mr. hhhg, i knew i had read it and was pretty sure it was at this site. however, this leads into my next question which is why the skunk is in the mix which is a question only shanti may be able to answer? the things i remember about ghaze mostly came from forums when dutch flowers was still around and working this one. the g13 did not detract from the haze potency/flavors and added phenos that were fast finishers. peace-biteme

I seem to remember Shanti saying that Nevil gave him some G13/Skunk seeds in the late 80's/early 90's and that is what he uses as the mom of his current G13 crosses. I think I also read that Shanti has old seeds of pure G13/Haze (no skunk) as well as another skunk-free G13 cross. I'm too tired to find the post but I would guess it was crossed with NL5 or Hashplant.

I'm growing Shanti's current G13/Haze offering, haven't smoked yet. There are a variety of phenos including indica dominant so it should be an interesting smoke. Nevil said the G13/Haze was "creamy."

I have smoked regular G13/Skunk which also has phenos from the whole spectrum and it is one of my fav varieties.

Last edited:
I seem to remember Shanti saying that Nevil gave him some G13/Skunk seeds in the late 80's/early 90's
This may be true but I gave him the last G13SK seeds I made with my latest SK1 in 2004. I expect that he is using it. They were hanging on a wind chime in my house for a while so I wouldn't forget to give them to SB. They survived the bust. The cops didn't see them. I expect that they were pretty good. I'd like to see that crossed to a Super Skunk!
N.

This may be true but I gave him the last G13SK seeds I made with my latest SK1 in 2004. I expect that he is using it. They were hanging on a wind chime in my house for a while so I wouldn't forget to give them to SB. They survived the bust. The cops didn't see them. I expect that they were pretty good. I'd like to see that crossed to a Super Skunk!
N.
I was on medman when I thought of the date so my memory may have been a little fuzzy ;)

Speaking of SuperSk - are there any in the MNS parent room?

I seem to remember Shanti saying that Nevil gave him some G13/Skunk seeds in the late 80's/early 90's and that is what he uses as the mom of his current G13 crosses. I think I also read that Shanti has old seeds of pure G13/Haze (no skunk) as well as another skunk-free G13 cross. I'm too tired to find the post but I would guess it was crossed with NL5 or Hashplant.

Hi guys, here is Nevil's recipe for his G-13:

I think that I have mentioned this before, G13 and Hash Plant were cuttings. I crossed HP to NL1, which was the strongest indica I've ener smoked and I put males from this to G13.
It was labeled HP1.G13. People have assumed that this was a straight HPxG13 cross, but this was not the case. Their was NO sativa in this hybrid which was sent far and wide.
If you were looking for pure indica, this was the one. If a good breeder kept this pure he should have been able to pull most indica types out of this. That was my intention.
N.

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=4635

G-13 cutting crossed to one of Nev's Haze selections sounds like that would be something to consider for the grail. I wonder if this selection is still around and if so in what form?

HHG, I would guess that G13xHaze is Nev's and N states that NL1 is in there too.

Shanti's G-13xSkunk is really nice. Especially if you are not feeling well. It has very strong medical properties, and I can easily seeing it for people who suffer from Chronic pain, epilepsy, cataract , appetite stimulation and insomnia. I can only imagine what some full melt would do or even tinctures, creams and butters.

I was fortunate to smoke pheno's 6, 8 and 10 of G-13xSkunk grown by Medicine Man. HHG, to me there was little variation, with regard to falvour, potency and structure. It was all indica dominate and the only difference was in yield. But that was in the smoke.

I also smoked a pheno of G-13xBW grown by Blused and I think that it tasted like White Widow, so this would make sense not only be cause of the union but on the heriditery level of the NL1. If NL1 is Ortega, then there is another plant with little variation and potent indica characteristics. I would like to try my own G-13xBW. I thought the hight was inspiring compared to the indy dom G13 crosses but it could just been the way it was grown. G-13/BW selection was NL1 dominate, though I am speculating because I have yet to smoke BW straight or NL5 for a pallet/stone comparison.

Now I get a chance to grow the haze cross. I am sure there will be some exciting variation. Might need to buy more of these seeds for more diligence on it.

Defiantly exciting things going on in the MNS Camp.

I hope all is well with everyone,

Chana

Last edited:
Good morning my friends,

N.

Hi N, what would the characteristics of a SS be to you? Some of the international cultivators have the Exodus SS pheno around. I have to say that is one the super skunks going around in my parts. But do to its smell/taste pheno type, it seems to make everything it is crossed to taste/smell like itself. So this might not be a good candidate to cross to G13/Skunk x (Super Skunk?).

Nev, have you tried the cheese before?

Hi HHG,

I think if you are looking for an MNS super skunk strain, I believe you have it with the G-13xSkunk offering. Maybe could also trying something with Shanti's Master Kush in it.

Hi From MTL
Nice to meet you! Chana Masala

Really interesting threads!

Really Nice Strains list and the real Neville compare to the Feminized Neville

I pull a chair and watch the show! Good Luck with your grow!

Here Your grow links List Bellow!

2010 - NL#5 x Haze
2010 - G13 x Haze
2010 - Critical Haze
2010 - Neville's Haze
2010 - GHSC Neville's Haze

That a nice start all your Mr Nice strains are on my list! Nice Job!
except Critical Haze But I'm sure CH will be good also!
Looking forward for the full report!! Cheer!

MT

one thing common to the g13 was the addition of potency and speed in flowering when it is part of a new hybrid while its other indica traits tend to be recessive or in fact, never show. i learned quite a bit from those old dutch flowers forums as they were the cutting edge of their day. they worked on another called mighty candy haze that kicked out stellar phenos that finished in less than 8 weeks flowering.

the benefits to adding skunk to this mix is in general it adds strength to a hybrid that may be lacking, but i doubt it helps flowering time? forever i was told i could not grow hazes at 41 degrees n. the global warming phenom has changed all of that and fairly rapidly too. my experiences over the last couple of years has opened new avenues however, there are flowering time constraints that still must be addressed. not quite cali yet. lol. it appears shanti has taken a peek at the ghaze both with and without the skunk from some previous posts? as per my guess, the addition of skunk makes for a stronger plant? peace-biteme

the addition of skunk makes for a stronger plant?
No. The addition of Skunk improves bud structure. SK1 is weak. It's the canary in the mine and is the first to be eaten by bugs. If you wished to breed spider mites SK1 is the ideal food.
N.

Hi From MTL
Nice to meet you! Chana Masala

Really interesting threads!

Really Nice Strains list and the real Neville compare to the Feminized Neville

I pull a chair and watch the show! Good Luck with your grow!

Here Your grow links List Bellow!

2010 - NL#5 x Haze
2010 - G13 x Haze
2010 - Critical Haze
2010 - Neville's Haze
2010 - GHSC Neville's Haze

That a nice start all your Mr Nice strains are on my list! Nice Job!
except Critical Haze But I'm sure CH will be good also!
Looking forward for the full report!! Cheer!

MT

Bon soir mon aime, nice to meet you as well Mastertrooper...

Really cool for you to do the link for me. I honestly did not know how to do that. I might just put it in my signature line. Merci beaucoup. Do you think I have enough haze now... lol!

Seems like we have some cultivars in common. Are you running anything currently.

See you around the boards...

Chana

Last edited:
the addition of skunk only adds to the bud structure mr. nevil? no doubt your statement is correct but ime neither g13 nor haze would be considered the strongest of plants, stucturally speaking, with both tending to have a weak main stem? and then my next thought is what influence skunk has on flowering time as i seek sooner rather than later? peace-biteme

Hi Biteme and Nev,

I have to use the cheese again because I never consciously smoked Skunk #1 and Exodus is the closest I have come to a super skunk.

I would consider the cheese a ss but have to agree with Nev on the canary in the mine analogy. The cheese is the first to get mites. Flormite does the trick but out of my other strains, she is the one they love. Also the bud structure is nice but the branches need lots of support and training, especially if you grow trees. I have seen whole branches snap of limbs due to weight. I have always harvested cheese at 8 weeks but it should go at least 9.

Is the Skunk No.1 still around in cutt form?

Cheers,

Chana

Last edited:
Back