2 Nh x mh

Seeing as though there doesn't seem to be much on this cross, i thought i'd chuck these pictures up from my first attempt at nh x mh.

The first 2 pics are off the first plant down. This one went 19 wks.
Nh_x_mh_closer.jpg

This pic was an after thought, as i'd already hacked a few arms off :rolleyes:
Nh_x_Mh_first_down_19_wks.jpg

And the second plant.

This pic is straight after the plant in the post above had vacated the room (19 wks)
Nh_x_Mh_19_wks.jpg

Last 2 pics are at its death. First half was trimmed at 21wks, second half a week later!

nh_x_mh_2.jpg

nh_x_mh_2_plant_shot_21_wks.jpg

Enjoy

Fijian

Damn Fijian, those plants are unreal. Have you run either from clone to see if the flower time comes down some? Probably looking at either this strain or the Af/Hz next. Please post more - grow report, smoke report, pix... :D:D

hi Fiji
thats a long time , was it worth the wait?
I have some of these seed ,just never found the right time to do them.
soon hopefully.

scorpion

19 weeks :eek:

And here I am "pacing" cause my current plants are just finishing week 13 tomorrow. LOL!!

You really have some patience my friend!! God love ya!

Those are really nice looking plants though. Tell us more when they cure a bit. OK?

SativaFan

Barletta: Well thank you very much, i certainly liked how they went about their business. I didn't take any cuts fella, so i cannot answer that one, but i'd presume so. I'd certainly recommend these, if you've got patience of course but then again i'm running afxh atm so i'll let you know what i think of those.
Sorry don't have anymore pics, these are from an old grow that i posted over on hg420.

Scorpion: Hello there matey. how you holding up? Good i hope!
Well, sorry to be the one to break it to you bud, but you seen these back when they were fresh lol :D
But to answer your question: Worth it? MOST DEFINETELY! The smoke was second to none.

Sativafan: Patience is a virtue my friend, good things certainly come to those who wait ;)
They've been cured, smoked and are now sorely missed lol.

I can't quite remember the taste, smell was like freshly done washing - that real summery smell if you know what i mean. Was very unique after the cure.

My mates came back to me with their thoughts and this was the general consencus. First joint, chilled you out nicely. However, next joint destroyed you. It's top shelf smoke for sure.
The biggest problem with it (apart from the length of time) was the trimming, it was a mare. I found myself dreading finishing work because i knew i'd have to face these leafy ladies when i got home, no joke lol!

Take care

Fijian

Hi there Fijian

Nice to see those pics again , you did grow them nicely and like you said good things come to those who wait ;)

This strain has not been much covered in grow reports online so its always good to have some more pics from them here in the mns forums

As for the trimming , well you can always leave them small leaves on the buds and just remove them before smoking.

Nice work there FT,and a lovely clean show too.I just bought some of these
and they will be my first "extreme" haze,but i didn't know they were 19 weeks extreme! lol To be honest i was looking at 14 max,even 16.
Guess i'm just hoping that they are worth all the time and effort,you say it was so that gives me some confidence,but i'm still a little wary.
Was gonna wait for the imminent release of nevs,but i got a good price on auction so thought what the hell.I'll do a thread when the time comes cos we need a few more for these girls.

hi phoenix

if you want to try them bit faster you can grow them 11/13 or 10/14 all the way . Also note that too much N can slow down the onset of flowering and also will prolong it as well. You can stop giving nutes (esp N) after mid flowering and keep the night temps low in order to get them finish fast.

Another way to get them finish early is by using root restriction (small pots till stretch stops) but the yields per plant will be lower obviously.

You can chop few good weeks this way.

l33t

L33t: How you doing mucka? Good things happening? Only just noticed your tag at the bottom haz3, then it clicked!
No problem with sharing the pics bud, it's my pleasure!
Can't leave anything on me fella when i'm a trimming. My mate tells me i'm ott with it all the time, but i just love looking at fully manicured buds, it's a quirk of mine :)

Nice work there FT,and a lovely clean show too.I just bought some of these
and they will be my first "extreme" haze,but i didn't know they were 19 weeks extreme! lol To be honest i was looking at 14 max,even 16.
Guess i'm just hoping that they are worth all the time and effort,you say it was so that gives me some confidence,but i'm still a little wary.
Was gonna wait for the imminent release of nevs,but i got a good price on auction so thought what the hell.I'll do a thread when the time comes cos we need a few more for these girls.

First one was 19 wks fella, second was 21 but i'm sure there are plenty of variables on this.
Aye, i'd say they are worth it AND THEN SOME. Give them a bash, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Seeing as though you got them in the bargain basement, it'd be rude not too ;).
Nev's is my mine, i feel like i've been waiting for ever for this strain to be re-stocked and it is definetly being bought this time round. I can't wait.

Take care

Fijian

L33t: How you doing mucka? Good things happening? Only just noticed your tag at the bottom haz3, then it clicked!
No problem with sharing the pics bud, it's my pleasure!
Can't leave anything on me fella when i'm a trimming. My mate tells me i'm ott with it all the time, but i just love looking at fully manicured buds, it's a quirk of mine :)

Hiya FT !

Yep its Haz3 From Hg ;)

Doing good mate, having some time off atm , relaxing and planing the next season's crimes LOL . I m also currently doing some traveling in order to collect seed for my future projects which will include lots of my fav landrace genetics..so all is good.

Though to be honest I miss so much my green friends already , but..its good to have a break from growing every now and then or else ..I 'll be growing roots myself too spending so much time in the garden every day lol

Regarding flowering times when you say 19 and 21 wks respectively , thats from 12/12 from seed if I remember correctly , is that right ? If so how long from germination was it before you saw the first pistils?

As far as manicuring goes , well I am with you buddy , I just love trimmed buds , but if you cant clean em up all due to having too much ..all is good I guess ;) jeje

L33t

Last edited:
They look like extreme sativas alright :D

I though the Mango Haze would lower the flowering times, but it seams they have increased like the most extreme Neville’s? Anyway, great looking buds, and congratulations for a quality happy harvest.

Very nice ,
How did you keep them so short and so loaded ?
I have some NV*MH waiting , i want the same plant but few week faster lol

I though the Mango Haze would lower the flowering times, but it seams they have increased like the most extreme Neville’s? .

Hi buddhadreams,

I think that NHxMH is faster than NH in general but it all depends on how you grow , seeds / clone and what you compare , I m sure there can be long flowering plants in NHxMH but the Nevilles must give more late finishers overall .

One thing that most people forget when growing sativas (esp equatorial sats that are used to grow all year with 12/12 light regime , like most colombians) is that certain strains will only start to flower when they 've grown up to a certain size and they have reached hormonal maturity , irrespective of lighting ; and they ripen when they are ready.

What I m trying to say is that growth rates are important and will define the growing/flowering time. IE if you grow an equatorial sativa with little light , soil and nutes it will grow slower and also take longer to reach hormonal maturity , will also flower/ripen slower than if you had it grow with the highest rates.

Thats one of the main reasons why some growers experience slower finishing times with certain sats / sat dom strains like MH and NH while others find that they didn't need to wait that long.

Big/tall plants usually take longer to mature and finish while small/short plants usually finish earlier , note that I m talking about indoors here.

For instance if you use a 600w light for a single huge/tall plant it will receive less light as a plant, than if it was a smaller/shorter one and received more and more intense light from the 600watter . Outdoors there is no difference really imo as the light intensity doesnt degrade with distance while indoors with HIDs light intensity degrades with exponential rates..

Also some plants need to get a signal from the grower that they should start finishing if you dont wanna wait forever.. Nutes / Light / Temps and Water supply play a major role here.

If you keep on supplying the plants with enough light , nutes , warmth and water they will flower for a longer period of time till its nice n ready , thats why Shanti for example suggests to NH growers to kill the plant the last weeks , you need to tell the plant that its time has come..

Too much N slows down the onset of flowering and high N levels make the plants finish later.

Also don't forget that sats can have multiple harvest windows.

Hi L33t,

Thank you for your lovely reply, I agree with all that you had to say :)

About killing a plant, I never did it in the past, that’s why I ended with some NH passing week 22. Mostly I loved the garden experience, but I can see your point. One must define a finishing time.

I’ve heard of some Colombians that do not finish for a long time. You harvest a part of the plant and the rest continues to ripen. It must be fun :D

Back